NCASE M1 V6 info

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I have a flashed Ref Vega 56 on my Ncase, Performance is great. Noise is terrible on load. Other than getting a new card what can I do?

zerone

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 19, 2020
Anyone has a M.2 ssd mounted at the back of the motherboard? I just wonder will there be enough air flow to cool it properly?
Any experience or suggestion how to solve this issue?

MultiDoc

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Feb 2, 2018
Anyone has a M.2 ssd mounted at the back of the motherboard? I just wonder will there be enough air flow to cool it properly?
Any experience or suggestion how to solve this issue?
I have a Samsung on my current M1 v5 and indeed it runs hotter than the one installed on the front (no surprise). What I did and helped a lot, is I used a couple thermal pads that I stuck on it so that with the side panel onthey are in touch with the side panel and act as big heatsink transferring heat on the side panel.

Reactions: Plaklijm

Reamde

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jun 5, 2019
Not sure about availability on the feet.

Both of these questions would be better suited to @Wahaha360, as he's the one sourcing and selling the parts.
@Wahaha360 any word on selling V6 feet for V5 users? This and the blankout IO panel cover would be a good way to upgrade the case a bit while waiting for the Sidearmd T1 in gray to be available.

iwthis

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 22, 2020
Any updates on why there are no cheaper options for shipping to germany? Will there be any avaible?

racerx

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 24, 2020
Hi Necere, ordered v6.1 a couple of days ago. Just getting together a shopping list and am a bit stuck on coolers. Can you elaborate on this part of the v6.1 change log:

-Adjusted front SFX mount position

I'm trying to determine if the Noctua C14S (with stock 140mm fan) will now fit in v6.1 without fouling the SFX PSU in normal position and if a bracket is required for "ATX mode"
Pic of a 120mm fan
Thanks heaps!

Necere

SFF Guru
Original poster
Feb 22, 2015
Hi Necere, ordered v6.1 a couple of days ago. Just getting together a shopping list and am a bit stuck on coolers. Can you elaborate on this part of the v6.1 change log:

-Adjusted front SFX mount position

I'm trying to determine if the Noctua C14S (with stock 140mm fan) will now fit in v6.1 without fouling the SFX PSU in normal position and if a bracket is required for "ATX mode".

Thanks heaps!
The standard SFX mounting location is unchanged from V5. The SFX bracket can now be mounted at the front of the case, however, removing the need to use the ATX bracket and an adapter to mount an SFX PSU there.

Reactions: racerx

Darch

Chassis Packer
Jan 21, 2018
:eek: Did you chose normal or express shipping?
Right, so I chose normal shipping. Even so, the case is now in my country with the national postal service. I don't know how long they'll take to process it (they're usually pretty efficient), but I was very impressed with standard shipping taking only six days to get from Taiwan to Ireland!
I have a flashed Ref Vega 56 on my Ncase, Performance is great. Noise is terrible on load. Other than getting a new card what can I do?
Have you tried undervolting?

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Right, so I chose normal shipping. Even so, the case is now in my country with the national postal service. I don't know how long they'll take to process it (they're usually pretty efficient), but I was very impressed with standard shipping taking only six days to get from Taiwan to Ireland!

Have you tried undervolting?
Yes, jet engine is still online. I'll try repasting it or the surefire trick. Headphones.

hottnucks

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 12, 2018
The standard SFX mounting location is unchanged from V5. The SFX bracket can now be mounted at the front of the case, however, removing the need to use the ATX bracket and an adapter to mount an SFX PSU there.
Necere do you have any approximate cable length recommendations for PSUs mounted in the front position? I was hoping to find this information on the net, but I'm only able to find cable lengths for the V5 SFX mounting location.

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
If I added a 120 fan under the blower V56 would it help lower noise? I would need a NF-F12 for that right? NF-A12 is for case airflow?

Last edited:

3dl1r

Average Stuffer
Mar 6, 2019
From page 1:
Optical Disc Drive (requires optional top panel with ODD slot)
  • ODD bracket supports slim slot-loading optical drives in 9.5mm or 12.7mm sizes
You can, but you need to buy top panel with ODD slot, because the default option doesn't include them.
Thanks for the response, i am afraid the slotted top panel ain't that popular.

edamar

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 8, 2020
Has anyone tried the ASUS Strix 2080 Super or Ti with 3 fans in the V6 case? With the V6, this GPU can now fit in (see verification here), but because it's pretty tall, there is no space for any fan underneath. Can the Strix manage on its own without fans? What is the temp?
I finished my build mid January, but did not want to post until I added the last two fans as intake in my Ncase M1.

Build
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X570-I
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3950X
GPU: NVIDIA 2080 ti
Ram: Corsair LPX 2 X 16GB 3200 MHz
AIO: Kraken x52

Attached below is a table comparing benchmark results and thermals. ( hopefully I added the image right 😅 ) As you can see the thermals were just fine before I switched the AIO stock fans, and added 2 bottom intake fans (all fans being switched to NF-F12 120mm). In fact the thermals got worse for some bench marks. Although I did change rooms from where I initially did the benchmarks so I can not say with absolute certainty that did or did not affected the benchmark results/thermals . But what I can say with certainty is that the Ncase M1 6.1 handles the 2080 ti impressively well! with or with out bottom intake fans.
I have rendered a 1gb Rhino 6 file with V-ray at "Very High Quality" and image width/height of "1920x720" and it never
reached passed 55C !

edamar

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 8, 2020
I might end up taking off bottom intake fans if I find that my real world use reflects the benchmark results. In that the GPU temps are relatively worse especially if I find that to be the case in V-ray, but for now i'll keep them.

P.S
If anyone wants me to run another benchmark with my set up for comparing what you'd like to build just let me know.

paulesko

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 31, 2019
Is your cpu stock or is it undervolted or something? I find the cinebench puntuation pretty low. I reach 10.200-10.300 when overclocked, but when it was stock it never went under 9.200 or so.

Darch

Chassis Packer
Jan 21, 2018
Right, was delivered this morning with no customs due... 😁

Will have a proper look at it when I get in tonight.