NCASE M1 V6 info

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
hey guys, sort of a random question:

i just bought some custom cables for corsair sf450 second hand.
i currently have a sf750, which is the platinum version. The cables come from a sf450 gold version which uses the same type 4 cables.
My question: i know that the platinum series cables have some additional sensors. Are the sf450 cables compatible with platinum SF??? or do the extra sensors create issues?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
hey guys, sort of a random question:

i just bought some custom cables for corsair sf450 second hand.
i currently have a sf750, which is the platinum version. The cables come from a sf450 gold version which uses the same type 4 cables.
My question: i know that the platinum series cables have some additional sensors. Are the sf450 cables compatible with platinum SF??? or do the extra sensors create issues?
Depends on who made the cables. The stock cables that come with the SF Gold have the sense wire but it is not needed so some of the custom cable makers give you the option of not including the sense wire. Best thing to do is find out who made the cables and if they include the sense wire or not.

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Would anyone here choose an Asetek 645LT over any Noctua air cooler for an i9 with minimal overclocking?

I'm wary of encountering any gurgling or pump noise from an AIO and would like to keep my build as quiet as possible.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Would anyone here choose an Asetek 645LT over any Noctua air cooler for an i9 with minimal overclocking?

I'm wary of encountering any gurgling or pump noise from an AIO and would like to keep my build as quiet as possible.

You would be better off going the air cooler route unless you want to tinker with the pump speed. I lowered my pump speed at lower temps to help with noise. I don’t have my build in the M1 though.

edamar

Efficiency Noob
Jan 8, 2020
That´s a bit strange, because although is pretty normal for these chips to have big fluctuations in temperatures at idle or light loads, it´s not when they are at higher loads... I would double check that your block is making proper contact with the IHS of the cpu just in case. These big changes in temp happened to me when I used too little thermal paste or the cpu block is not properly mounted.

For example, my previous 3700x and Alphacool eisbaer lt 240 for some reason didn´t cope well with each other, and while I fixed it a bit using what may be considered too much thermal paste, In the end it was a exacerbated case of and IHS that is not completely flat and a colplate with the same problem but in a sense that they didn´t make good contact at all between them. I lapped both of them and saw huge improved termals. I´m not saying this is your case, but you have the same issues I had with the 3700x.

Another way of knowing that your coldplate is not doing good contact is watching how the temp drops after being the cpu at high loads. It should drop quite fast in few seconds, not go down slowly.

Also look at your frecuencies when the cpu is under load, it should be around or a bit over 4 ghz and more or less stable, not fluctuating a lot.

Thanks i'll definitely look into that and order some thermal paste just to rule that out.

izzul94

Efficiency Noob
Sep 23, 2019
Hi, can any one suggest the thickest deshroud rx 5700 xt that can fit into ncase m1 with noctua A12x25? I'm looking at gigabyte auros rx 5700 xt, but afraid that it would be too thick when deshroud to fit a12x25 under. Also, can anyone give the maximum thickness of a deshroud card with noctua a12x25?

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
i just got a email notice that the ODD top panel is back in stock.

but when i click link, it says
The page you’re looking for could not be found

EDIT: nvm, i was able to order one!

Reactions: rfarmer

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
After years of keeping my case safe it finally got it's first scuff when a florescent light bulb fell on it. The only damage is to the top panel. Is there any way to order a top panel without the disk slot? I wonder if Necere finds some existential humor in people asking for slightly different things all the time.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
After years of keeping my case safe it finally got it's first scuff when a florescent light bulb fell on it. The only damage is to the top panel. Is there any way to order a top panel without the disk slot? I wonder if Necere finds some existential humor in people asking for slightly different things all the time.
They should be on sale now.

Edit: Misspoke. They one have the ODD version.

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018
Panel kits, ODD top panels, and front I/O kits are now available to order on our site.
Nice, thanks for this ? Question:
- The I/O front plates are only V6, I cannot use it on the v5?
- Any chance we can get single side-panel & front-panel available (don't need the entire kit)?

Twanvh

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2019
Nice, thanks for this ? Question:
- Any chance we can get single side-panel & front-panel available (don't need the entire kit)?

the new top panel is thicker then the old ones (v5 and before), so the front and side panels are 0,5 mm higher.

Reactions: Maniac

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018
From the product page: "M1 front I/O module, included with the M1 as standard. Compatible with all versions of the M1."
I was only thinking about the plates, not the entire module/kit.