NCASE M1 V6 info

iwthis

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 22, 2020
Yeah, I'm not sure why that is. Shipping rates are determined by a separate app through Shopify, so they might only be allowing EMS to Germany for some reason (coronavirus related?).

I thought it might be because I added Germany back to the list of countries we can ship to (after having removed it due to the CE issue), but I also added Netherlands back and checked that and it shows both EMS and regular shipping. So I can't really say for sure what's up.
Any chance you can fix this?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere dunno if you can help with this... I'm trying to buy the case with my debit card but the site is rejecting the payment: "Card was declined".

First I thought it was a problem with my bank (im from Spain) but then I called my bank and they said the Store is rejecting my card, probably because is debit and not credit card. Is there any other way to purchase the case? Paypal maybe? Thanks!
Make sure the billing and shipping address are the same, or try a different card. If that doesn't work, there's not much else we can do, unfortunately.

Any chance you can fix this?
I'm looking into it.

Last edited:

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Is the final version compatible with optical disk drive, i know that CD-ROM are rarely used nowadays but i would like to have it as an option.
If you want optical drive, you probably shouldn't be looking for itx cases in SFF. Usually, cases here try to save every inch to make them tiny, and CD drive is the easiest thing to give up as no one uses them. You can always buy a usb CD drive.

raldian

Chassis Packer
Sep 5, 2018
Is the final version compatible with optical disk drive, i know that CD-ROM are rarely used nowadays but i would like to have it as an option.

From page 1:
Optical Disc Drive (requires optional top panel with ODD slot)
  • ODD bracket supports slim slot-loading optical drives in 9.5mm or 12.7mm sizes
You can, but you need to buy top panel with ODD slot, because the default option doesn't include them.

Hytme

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 14, 2020
Make sure the billing and shipping address are the same, or try a different card. If that doesn't work, there's not much else we can do, unfortunately.

Yes, billing and shipping address are the same. I tried another card but it's the same bank so the payment is rejected too. ?

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
If you want optical drive, you probably shouldn't be looking for itx cases in SFF. Usually, cases here try to save every inch to make them tiny, and CD drive is the easiest thing to give up as no one uses them. You can always buy a usb CD drive.
It would be fun to see the cd popping up like bread slices from a toaster. ? Also, my work involves lending all digital material in cd-s.

Reactions: Plaklijm

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Yes, billing and shipping address are the same. I tried another card but it's the same bank so the payment is rejected too. ?
Are you ordering from the same geographic location (i.e., your IP address) as the billing address? Both your bank and Shopify have systems in place to detect suspected fraudulent transactions, and that's one thing that might cause them to decline the payment. You may have some success by calling your bank to tell them to authorize the transaction.

Hytme

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 14, 2020
Are you ordering from the same geographic location (i.e., your IP address) as the billing address? Both your bank and Shopify have systems in place to detect suspected fraudulent transactions, and that's one thing that might cause them to decline the payment. You may have some success by calling your bank to tell them to authorize the transaction.

Yes, Im ordering from same location, I don't use vpn... I called the bank to tell them "hey please stop rejecting my payment, it's me trying to buy something". Then after a minute they said its not the bank, its the website/shop/commerce rejecting the transaction...

Probably a Shopify issue... I'm sure that Spain is allowed in your Shopify payment config.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
The Ncase M1 supports a CD drive, wether you put a SSD in that space or a CD drive, it doesnt really matter. Using a CD drive would mean you are using the case at its full potential.
It would be fun to see the cd popping up like bread slices from a toaster
it would look fun indeed, i think its an awesome option to have for people who want SFF but still need some form of cd bay. And the way this case supports it is just awesome to see how much hardware you can cram in a small space

Reactions: 3dl1r and MultiDoc

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
I have a flashed Ref Vega 56 on my Ncase, Performance is great. Noise is terrible on load. Other than getting a new card what can I do?

zerone

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 19, 2020
Anyone has a M.2 ssd mounted at the back of the motherboard? I just wonder will there be enough air flow to cool it properly?
Any experience or suggestion how to solve this issue?

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
Anyone has a M.2 ssd mounted at the back of the motherboard? I just wonder will there be enough air flow to cool it properly?
Any experience or suggestion how to solve this issue?

I have a Samsung on my current M1 v5 and indeed it runs hotter than the one installed on the front (no surprise). What I did and helped a lot, is I used a couple thermal pads that I stuck on it so that with the side panel onthey are in touch with the side panel and act as big heatsink transferring heat on the side panel.

Reactions: Plaklijm

Reamde

Cable Smoosher
Jun 5, 2019
Not sure about availability on the feet.

Both of these questions would be better suited to @Wahaha360, as he's the one sourcing and selling the parts.

@Wahaha360 any word on selling V6 feet for V5 users? This and the blankout IO panel cover would be a good way to upgrade the case a bit while waiting for the Sidearmd T1 in gray to be available.

racerx

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 24, 2020
Hi Necere, ordered v6.1 a couple of days ago. Just getting together a shopping list and am a bit stuck on coolers. Can you elaborate on this part of the v6.1 change log:

-Adjusted front SFX mount position

I'm trying to determine if the Noctua C14S (with stock 140mm fan) will now fit in v6.1 without fouling the SFX PSU in normal position and if a bracket is required for "ATX mode"
Pic of a 120mm fan
Thanks heaps!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi Necere, ordered v6.1 a couple of days ago. Just getting together a shopping list and am a bit stuck on coolers. Can you elaborate on this part of the v6.1 change log:

-Adjusted front SFX mount position

I'm trying to determine if the Noctua C14S (with stock 140mm fan) will now fit in v6.1 without fouling the SFX PSU in normal position and if a bracket is required for "ATX mode".

Thanks heaps!
The standard SFX mounting location is unchanged from V5. The SFX bracket can now be mounted at the front of the case, however, removing the need to use the ATX bracket and an adapter to mount an SFX PSU there.

Reactions: racerx