NCASE M1 V6 info

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like we may have to push back orders longer than I expected. The issue is getting shipping done ahead of the Chinese New Year (Jan. 25th-Feb. 8th), and apparently we don't have confirmation from TWPS that they can schedule us in. If it's indeed the case that we can't ship until February, then we'll be holding off on taking orders for the time being.

Sorry all, I know some of you must be very disappointed. W360 normally handles shipping by himself, and I only found out today that the shipping dates weren't sorted out, so I'm frustrated as well. I'm going to try to see to it that this kind of thing doesn't happen again in the future.

As a reminder, when orders do open again, we should have several days worth of stock, so there's no need to be on the website refreshing the page at a certain time. Just be there within three or so days of orders going live and you're pretty much guaranteed to get one.

Again, sorry for the trouble.

Edit: We've decided to open orders Saturday January 4th at 9am PST/5pm GMT. This will be for a portion of the total available cases, so that we can ensure they will ship before the Chinese New Year. Please note because there will be fewer cases available, they may sell out more quickly than previous batches.

Last edited:

networkguy

Case Bender
Jan 1, 2020
Super disappointing.

Not sure if you're using Shopify as point of sale, but Shopify does have a pre-order option you can enable.

I'd much rather just put an order in now rather than wait until February, be busy when the sale happens and find out that demand was higher than expected and all stock sold out same day.

JakeTDC

Efficiency Noob
Jan 1, 2020
Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like we may have to push back orders longer than I expected. The issue is getting shipping done ahead of the Chinese New Year (Jan. 25th-Feb. 8th), and apparently we don't have confirmation from TWPS that they can schedule us in. If it's indeed the case that we can't ship until February, then we'll be holding off on taking orders for the time being.

Sorry all, I know some of you must be very disappointed. W360 normally handles shipping by himself, and I only found out today that the shipping dates weren't sorted out, so I'm frustrated as well. I'm going to try to see to it that this kind of thing doesn't happen again in the future.

As a reminder, when orders do open again, we should have several days worth of stock, so there's no need to be on the website refreshing the page at a certain time. Just be there within three or so days of orders going live and you're pretty much guaranteed to get one.

Again, sorry for the trouble.

Thanks for the update.

The need for pre ordering must be made available to us.

I missed out last time as the email notification was not sent and by the time I found out it was too late.

This time I have taken a day off work to make sure I could order one.

We all understand that this type of product can run into issues. I think I share the same need as others, we don't care about the timeline. We just want our names to a unit so we don't have to take the gamble when it does go live.

Thanks

Jake

Napostrophe

Efficiency Noob
Jan 3, 2019
Agreed. I'm personally irritated because I missed the original run and then missed the last production run because it came out of nowhere at a really inopportune time so I couldn't prepare and place an order.

Some form of heads-up on the date or the ability to pre-order would be really appreciated. I've personally been waiting on this since the moment the first run sold out. It's particularly frustrating for me because I don't have any case at the moment (new to SFF). I think I'm on the same page with others when it comes to the idea of reserving a unit before they've been produced. This isn't like a new product where pre-orders are a crapshoot and the users might not like the product; units and reviews are already out there and there are more than enough people that have done the research and know exactly what they want and are willing to drop the money just to have the headache of getting a unit or not off their minds, especially considering how quickly these sell out.

Reactions: JakeTDC and Walfers

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The problem with doing pre-orders is the longer between ordering and shipping, the more people cancel or ask when their order will ship, and that ends up being a headache on the support side. Also if we're charging people, too many cancellations raises flags with the payment provider, which is something we're trying avoid.

Right now what I'm looking at as a solution is doing more limited drops on a regular schedule, i.e. just opening orders on a portion of the production run once a week or so. That would spread out availability, so rather than just selling through the entire run in a few days and then having no stock for 2+ months, people would have a regular, specific time when orders open that would give everyone a fair shot at a case. This would also help ease the logistical burden, since we wouldn't be shipping so many cases at once.

secure-address

Chassis Packer
Dec 15, 2019
Necere, I think most here appreciate that running a small business is not without logistical issues. While this late change is certainly dissapointing, I'll be waiting patiently for the next drop (...or more likely impatiently...).

Am I reading too much into your earlier post that there is a possibility of some production being released before Chinese New Year?

JayMoon

Chassis Packer
Jan 1, 2020
Necere. Sorry to ask this again. but do you aat least have a ETA for when we can pre order that way i can at least ready my bank account haha.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Necere, I think most here appreciate that running a small business is not without logistical issues. While this late change is certainly dissapointing, I'll be waiting patiently for the next drop (...or more likely impatiently...).

Am I reading too much into your earlier post that there is a possibility of some production being released before Chinese New Year?
do a small drop now so we can swoop in and order them. I don’t care when it gets shipped! :cool:
Necere. Sorry to ask this again. but do you aat least have a ETA for when we can pre order that way i can at least ready my bank account haha.
We're going to shoot for a limited drop on Saturday. Fewer orders for TWPS to process means we should be able to ship them before the CNY.

Reactions: JakeTDC

JakeTDC

Efficiency Noob
Jan 1, 2020
We're going to shoot for a limited drop on Saturday. Fewer orders for TWPS to process means we should be able to ship them before the CNY.

Thank you for the update.

For the people that are following these updates and are very keen to get the order happening could you please (when you find out) let us know a time on Saturday it will go live?

Thanks

Jake

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Do keep in mind this will only be a portion of the production run we're making available on Saturday, so it will likely sell out in <24 hours, rather than the 3-4 days of the previous batches. We may open orders once more the following Saturday (the 11th) if we determine there's enough time to ship before the Chinese New Year. The next order date after that will likely be February 1st, and then every Saturday thereafter until we're out of cases. That should take us through mid-February, which will minimize the availability gap until the next production run is done (late Feb-March).

Little Engine

Efficiency Noob
Jan 1, 2020
Do keep in mind this will only be a portion of the production run we're making available on Saturday, so it will likely sell out in <24 hours, rather than the 3-4 days of the previous batches. We may open orders once more the following Saturday (the 11th) if we determine there's enough time to ship before the Chinese New Year. The next order date after that will likely be February 1st, and then every Saturday thereafter until we're out of cases. That should take us through mid-February, which will minimize the availability gap until the next production run is done (late Feb-March).
Thank you. I was so depressed thinking it’d be a month more before I have a shot at one. I have parts on the way at this very moment. I’m very cheered up now!

ctrl.alt.del

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 1, 2020
I can't believe I hadn't come across this forum.
Had to create an account to thank you Necere for keeping us all up to date.
I'm looking forward to ordering one. Have to wake up at 4am to do so, but it'll totally be worth it! ?