NCASE M1 V6 info

jrasero

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2019
I am having the same issue with them. I sent them an email originally for a front panel that was chipped. It took about a week and half to reply originally and the reply from Dan was
“Hi Xavier,

Apologies for the delay, we are getting too many emails theses days.

Can you send us close up photo of the chip? We like to get a sense of how deep it is.

Best,

– Dan”

So I immediately send them more up close pictures the same day and it’s been over 2 weeks and no reply back. I sent another email with a possible solution in the near future for this poor quality finish, still have not heard back from them.

I have read only through 3 pages and seen 3 people already comment on poor customer service from SFFLab. There main reasoning is just too much demand, but here is the thing with no phone support and them answering emails twice a week, that two man operation has to change. I am not trying to start some fight but I had a very similar situation a couple years back with my V5. It ended up with me having a Reddit battle with the designer of the NCase and him accusing me of belligerently berating SFFLab but when I screen shot him all of my emails to prove him wrong I got some half ass apology. I was so discouraged with SFFLab I decided to pay a premium and buy a V6 from an user NIB. I was so discouraged with SFFLab I am not sure I ever want to deal with them again, If it weren't for them exclusively distributing premium cases I would always go elsewhere.

Oh and on my V6 I have noticeable panel gaps like my V5. Even if I could get it warrantied I am sure it wouldn't be properly dealt with.

best of luck SFFLab you have an amazing product on your hand, just fix your service

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
It ended up with me having a Reddit battle with the designer of the NCase and him accusing me of belligerently berating SFFLab but when I screen shot him all of my emails to prove him wrong I got some half ass apology.
Here is that "Reddit battle" for the record. People can decide for themselves whether I was reasonable or not.

As for SFFLab, that's @Wahaha360's and @PlayfulPhoenix's show, not mine, and not for me to defend. I designed the M1, but I don't have much say where or how it's sold.

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
I have read only through 3 pages and seen 3 people already comment on poor customer service from SFFLab. There main reasoning is just too much demand, but here is the thing with no phone support and them answering emails twice a week, that two man operation has to change. I am not trying to start some fight but I had a very similar situation a couple years back with my V5. It ended up with me having a Reddit battle with the designer of the NCase and him accusing me of belligerently berating SFFLab but when I screen shot him all of my emails to prove him wrong I got some half ass apology. I was so discouraged with SFFLab I decided to pay a premium and buy a V6 from an user NIB. I was so discouraged with SFFLab I am not sure I ever want to deal with them again, If it weren't for them exclusively distributing premium cases I would always go elsewhere.

Oh and on my V6 I have noticeable panel gaps like my V5. Even if I could get it warrantied I am sure it wouldn't be properly dealt with.

best of luck SFFLab you have an amazing product on your hand, just fix your service
That is not good to hear but I have had the opposite experience. SFFLab has reflied within a week (they warn on website they only check email couple times of week because it's pretty much a two man show). I recently had to email about a bent V6 panel and they promptly responded that a replacement would be sent in November when they could make replacements. Also at least to me @Necere has been helpful and upfront about issues. Best of luck to you and hope things get fixed.

jrasero

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2019
Here is that "Reddit battle" for the record. People can decide for themselves whether I was reasonable or not.

As for SFFLab, that's @Wahaha360's and @PlayfulPhoenix's show, not mine, and not for me to defend. I designed the M1, but I don't have much say where or how it's sold.

I think the "people" should know that almost all the comments have been deleted so there is no way to view the whole conversation between you and I. All that post will show is a paraphrased response. Also for someone who doesn't "have a say" in how a product is sold you were pretty quick to post our reddit squabble in defense. In the end like I told you on reddit you designed a world class product but SFFLab for some people has bobbled the experience for what I would call a luxury product. You seem so eager to pass the blame onto SFFLab, but here is the thing if the two guys at SFFLab can't handle your amazing product should you not be pushing back on where and how it is sold? Maybe you truly have no power but you do have a voice. What bothers me wasn't even the mistakes on my order but the attitude that SFFlabs gets 98% of the orders right, oh well stuff happens move on.

Again you designed an amazing product and hats off to you on the V6, since it's a truly phenomenal product

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I think the "people" should know that almost all the comments have been deleted so there is no way to view the whole conversation between you and I. All that post will show is a paraphrased response.
You deleted your account, but all your replies are fully intact for anyone to read. There is no paraphrasing.

Also for someone who doesn't "have a say" in how a product is sold you were pretty quick to post our reddit squabble in defense.
You brought it up. I posted it so people can have an objective view of the exchange, that's all.

In the end like I told you on reddit you designed a world class product but SFFLab for some people has bobbled the experience for what I would call a luxury product. You seem so eager to pass the blame onto SFFLab, but here is the thing if the two guys at SFFLab can't handle your amazing product should you not be pushing back on where and how it is sold? Maybe you truly have no power but you do have a voice.
Who said I don't? I've talked to w360 many times about the way he handles SFFLab, and have made many suggestions for changes or improvements that could be made. Some of those suggestions he's followed, others not. He has his reasons (whether I agree with them or not).

SunnyHere

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2019
@Necere
Hello, Is it possible to buy a pair extra side panels without the perforated holes at all ? I'm aware of the extra difficulties in heat disspation but I'd rather prefer a more minimalism appearance. I know it may lead to one more SKU, but it shouldn't be hard to manufacture, and I think we can make full-price preorders.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere
Hello, Is it possible to buy a pair extra side panels without the perforated holes at all ? I'm aware of the extra difficulties in heat disspation but I'd rather prefer a more minimalism appearance. I know it may lead to one more SKU, but it shouldn't be hard to manufacture, and I think we can make full-price preorders.
W360 doesn't want to sell parts anymore, so I don't see it happening unfortunately.

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
W360 doesn't want to sell parts anymore, so I don't see it happening unfortunately.
Dang that is a shame, was already hoping to order a spare fan bracket since mine got tweaked when I was putting everything together.

Well if anyone has a fan bracket for sale let me know.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
@Necere

I too hate the holes on the side and top panels.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
That's really bad for future repairs. How about the angled power cable that you said it was coming? For people that use the PSU in the ATX position, now you have to force it in place risking to make some damage.

Reactions: sensensempompom

draic

Chassis Packer
Feb 7, 2018
so providing upgrade kits for the I/O for the older NCase versions is canceled? Why?

When the v6 was announced, this was the first thing I wanted to know and the clear statement was, that there will be an I/O replacement for older versions. Now this is not going to happen? Then you shouldn't have promised it in the first place. I am not going to buy a v6 just to get front USB-C.