NCASE M1 V6 info

Stuman

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2019
Nice to see that someone uses the Morpheus. It's not common here (most people prefer the Accelero III) and I also consider to use it (360W vs 300W). I've read somewhere, that there are still problems concrete with VRM and VRAM temperatures after replacing the stock cooler, e.g. AMD Radeon RX 5700 + Raijintek Morpheus II Core Edition. I doesn't have an URL by hand, I've read also ReijinTek considers a NAVI edition (like the VEGA edition), but there are still no informations are on there web page. The Accelero III has similar problems expecially with the VRAM, where the 2 cooler on top collides with the main cooler, see e.g. Reddit. What are your experience, especially with the slim 120 below the AIB concerning noise?

VRM temp's are pretty good. When pushed to the max (RX 5700) VRM sees around 80 degrees. This is a touch toasty, but under 90 gets a pass from me.

I'm currently running core at 1850 (standard max overclock) and don't see temps exceed 65 with fans running at 1200 and fully stressing the GPU. Playing BF5 temps don't really exceed 55.

Memory temps are where I fall down a little bit. I have the small aluminium heatsinks installed which helped temps a little (3-4 degrees) bit but not really a game changing amount. Temps when no memory overclock applied sits around the 75 - 85 mark. I have found a stable memory overclock of 900 which will result in a temp of 90 degrees running multiple loops of 3d mark stress test.

The memory will overclock to 940 and run the benchmarks. A few seconds of cool down following a run is needed otherwise it will crash out as instability at 940 occurs at about 80 degrees.

In my old case I was running 2 12x25 (not slim) fans. Noise bugs me. The slim fans are pretty good, when you use the Low noise adaptor. 1200rpm (max RPM with LNA) is about the most I would want and sat about 6 foot from my telly, whilst gaming I've not noticed it and it's currently something I'm looking out for.

I'm currently trying to re-teach myself CAD (not used since college) and draft a cooling plate to have laser cut from copper which I will try and sort out the memory thermals. If It works I will see if I can run a bulk order and ship some out if there is any demand.

PS. Does anybody know where I can get a CAD drawing of the reference design from?

Stuman

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2019

wow, that's crazy. I would have tried to suggest taking the cable out and throwing it away. Then looking to see if SFFlab would send you new leads! BUT judging by the story, doubt that would have helped either!

I would also look to write a letter of complaint to the customs office explaining the petty nature of the refusal.

I would ask to see a copy of the policy that they are following in determining that the electronics inside the system fall into the bracket of requiring 3rd party analysis.

but you may find that it's quite open to interpretation in which case might not see too much grounds for recourse. It has wires and a PCB!! MUST BE TESTED. even if it is just for the power switch

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Hi guys, this is mostly directed to people who bought the case from Germany, today I went to pick it up to the Customs Office in Frankfurt and they literally refused to give it to me because "it didn't comply with the European electric safety laws" which doesn't make any fucking sense at all, I tried to explain that this is just a PC case, the guy made me open it right there so I carefully unboxed it and then he asked me to take a look inside so again I carefully poped the panels out and the guy started looking at the IO cables and the PSU extension cord and said that yeah, the only other option was to send it to a "evaluation facility" where it was going to be taken apart, then evaluate and if it passed the test it'd be reassembled and then finally I could pick it up. The thing is that in the letter I got by mail it said nothing about this, it only said I had to pay custom fees and I was happy to do so, and then I encountered this fucking bullshit, when I was searching the place on Google maps it made me wonder why it had only a 2 star review score, now I know. So at the end, despite trying to explain again and again how and why it wasn't possible that so many other people got it here in Germany without a problem and I am the only retard that had this issue, the custom officer just said that they were going to send it back, made me sign a piece of paper, like an actual ripped piece of paper and told me to have a nice day.

I already contacted SFFLab and I'll have to wait to see what they say and if they can help me, but in the mean time what can I do? I really think this is not normal, something strange happened, I mean I have actually bought real electronic devices like an old ThinkPad from japan for example and that thing just came to my door directly, how can it be that a case, which is literally metal and a pair of cables, wont? I'm really pissed.

I´m really sorry this has happened to you, it looks to me that theres some bored stupid person at that office and he is going to make things difficult, it really makes no sense. Try to talk to some one with a higher rank on that office or on any other office to ask and have advise.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
Hi guys, this is mostly directed to people who bought the case from Germany, today I went to pick it up to the Customs Office in Frankfurt and they literally refused to give it to me because "it didn't comply with the European electric safety laws" which doesn't make any fucking sense at all, I tried to explain that this is just a PC case, the guy made me open it right there so I carefully unboxed it and then he asked me to take a look inside so again I carefully poped the panels out and the guy started looking at the IO cables and the PSU extension cord and said that yeah, the only other option was to send it to a "evaluation facility" where it was going to be taken apart, then evaluate and if it passed the test it'd be reassembled and then finally I could pick it up. The thing is that in the letter I got by mail it said nothing about this, it only said I had to pay custom fees and I was happy to do so, and then I encountered this fucking bullshit, when I was searching the place on Google maps it made me wonder why it had only a 2 star review score, now I know. So at the end, despite trying to explain again and again how and why it wasn't possible that so many other people got it here in Germany without a problem and I am the only retard that had this issue, the custom officer just said that they were going to send it back, made me sign a piece of paper, like an actual ripped piece of paper and told me to have a nice day.

I already contacted SFFLab and I'll have to wait to see what they say and if they can help me, but in the mean time what can I do? I really think this is not normal, something strange happened, I mean I have actually bought real electronic devices like an old ThinkPad from japan for example and that thing just came to my door directly, how can it be that a case, which is literally metal and a pair of cables, wont? I'm really pissed.
Everything went well for me here in Karlsruhe... have a look at your PMs :)

Last edited:

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019

What the hell...
I had no problem whatsoever in Hannover. I even sent a friend with an informal consent letter, a copy of my passport and some cash in hand to pick it up. I would file an incident report. Not that it would help you much with your product now.
Sounds like little-man-syndrome. Some small office dude on a power-trip.
Really sorry buddy.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019

Damn, what sad sad man at the customs office. Don't you have a right as a customer? It's your property, so the moment you lie your hands on it, don't you have a right to take it with you? Sad to hear this and good luck with your trial and error...

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
Is there anyone that tried to deshroud an Asus RX 5700 XT Strix? Are they still using those annoying tabs that interfere if you want to use fans on the bottom as exhaust?
If they do, what is the best way to bend them without ruining the card? In case of reselling.
Thanks!

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019

Really sorry about this.
I'm in Germany, Hamburg, and to me they made me open, but they just told me that I need to pay VAT. Paid and collected, no problems at all.
Hope you get your case soon!

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Is there anyone that tried to deshroud an Asus RX 5700 XT Strix? Are they still using those annoying tabs that interfere if you want to use fans on the bottom as exhaust?
If they do, what is the best way to bend them without ruining the card? In case of reselling.
Thanks!
The strixes are almost all the same so probably there are still tabs, but I read that is easy to bend them. I haven't deshrouded mine yet. The strix rx 5700xt says pretty cool in my v6 (40% fan speed, normal temps on 62-64 and junction on 72 degrees celcius. Memory seems to get rather high, but I have to experiment further. I have undervolted -100 mv and power target -10. Gets me higher and more stable game clocks.

Reactions: Alessio.B87

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I´m really sorry this has happened to you, it looks to me that theres some bored stupid person at that office and he is going to make things difficult, it really makes no sense. Try to talk to some one with a higher rank on that office or on any other office to ask and have advise.

If the product comes without a CE logo or the factory has forgotten to attach it, it is pure luck if you get it. I know currently the situation is reverse so it is just bad luck if you not get it because local customs only check random and only some are trained to check CE. I am sorry to say but the customs office employee did nothing wrong if there was no logo.

Last edited:

Shivk

What's an ITX?
Jun 2, 2019
10 Days back received the silver M1 and as others reported, front io face plate bottom edge has couple of dents , one skuff mark on front panel and one on side panel. Skuff marks are noticeable only when panels are inspected carefully. Compared to ghost s1, build quality of M1 is not up to the mark. Ghost S1 feels solid, panel gaps are very minimal. But M1 outperforms S1 in cooling, so as of now happy with M1.
Moved the components from Ghost s1 to M1. Things are working fine, other than audio jack on the front io panel. I can see Windows 10 detecting microphone when I pluggin the headset, but no audio out. Audio out works well when I put same components in Lian Li o11 dynamic case. Am I missing anything

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
The strixes are almost all the same so probably there are still tabs, but I read that is easy to bend them. I haven't deshrouded mine yet. The strix rx 5700xt says pretty cool in my v6 (40% fan speed, normal temps on 62-64 and junction on 72 degrees celcius. Memory seems to get rather high, but I have to experiment further. I have undervolted -100 mv and power target -10. Gets me higher and more stable game clocks.
Thanks man, keep me posted if you end up deshrouding it, If you can make some pictures too I'd be glad.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
If the product comes without a CE logo or the factory has forgotten to attach it, it is pure luck if you get it. I know currently the situation is reverse so it is just bad luck if you not get it because local customs only check random and only some are trained to check CE. I am sorry to say but the customs office employee did nothing wrong if there was no logo.
Reaaally? So this is what we are going to expect from now? Meh ?‍♀️

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Sep 1, 2019

Yes I understand the guy was doing his job, yesterday I was really pissed but now it's all good, it's something that can happen to anyone and I just got the short stick this time. Anyway Dan when you see my email in SFF we'll talk there.

To the rest thanks for your support, as I said I had bad luck, hopefully next time everything goes smoothly.

Reactions: Mocoso and rfarmer

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
It's true that the M1 has not been certified by any regulatory agency and is thus somewhat of a risk to import into some countries where that may be required. Up to now it hasn't seemed to be a problem; many people in the EU have had their cases pass through customs without incident. However, this is actually the second report from a V6 buyer - also in Germany - that their case was held for lacking CE markings. Interestingly, the other customer was allowed to keep the case, and only the power cable was seized by customs. Clearly there is a lot of arbitrary decision making going on with customs enforcement.

I think if we see any more of these, we may have to stop shipping the M1 to Germany until/unless we get CE certification.

Anyway Dan when you see my email in SFF we'll talk there.
Not sure why'd you'd be contacting dondan, except that you may be confusing him with Dan who runs SFFLab (aka Wahaha360 here on the forum). To be clear who does what:
  • Wahaha360, IRL name Dan: owner/operator of SFFLab, SidearmD, Wallye, Fr33Flow; owner/sales/logistics for NCASE; also involved with Chimaera Industries and G-Uniq on various projects; from US, lately in China a lot
  • dondan, IRL name also Dan: owner/operator of DAN cases; from Germany
  • Necere: designer for NCASE
  • PlayfulPhoenix: owner/operator/webdev for SFF.net (this site/forum), partner/webdev for SFFLab, owner/operator of Chimaera Industries (formerly Kimera Industries)

Reactions: C3N0B1T3 and Mocoso

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Things are working fine, other than audio jack on the front io panel. I can see Windows 10 detecting microphone when I pluggin the headset, but no audio out. Audio out works well when I put same components in Lian Li o11 dynamic case. Am I missing anything
What are you plugging in? Are you using a splitter cable?

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Anyone bought the asus strix x570-i? I'm thinking of waiting for it to come back in stock or just go with another board like the Asrock. Curious for some feedback on how you like it.

Asus dtx isn't for me. Too much for something I personally don't find value in.

raymondzzd

Cable Smoosher
Aug 7, 2019
Anyone bought the asus strix x570-i? I'm thinking of waiting for it to come back in stock or just go with another board like the Asrock. Curious for some feedback on how you like it.

Asus dtx isn't for me. Too much for something I personally don't find value in.

I love my strix x570-i. Overall works great. I overclcok my ram and undervolt CPU.

Reactions: bluestofblue

Redux-Limited

Caliper Novice
Sep 1, 2019
It's true that the M1 has not been certified by any regulatory agency and is thus somewhat of a risk to import into some countries where that may be required. Up to now it hasn't seemed to be a problem; many people in the EU have had their cases pass through customs without incident. However, this is actually the second report from a V6 buyer - also in Germany - that their case was held for lacking CE markings. Interestingly, the other customer was allowed to keep the case, and only the power cable was seized by customs. Clearly there is a lot of arbitrary decision making going on with customs enforcement.

I think if we see any more of these, we may have to stop shipping the M1 to Germany until/unless we get CE certification.

Not sure why'd you'd be contacting dondan, except that you may be confusing him with Dan who runs SFFLab (aka Wahaha360 here on the forum). To be clear who does what:
  • Wahaha360, IRL name Dan: owner/operator of SFFLab, SidearmD, Wallye, Fr33Flow; owner/sales/logistics for NCASE; also involved with Chimaera Industries and G-Uniq on various projects; from US, lately in China a lot
  • dondan, IRL name also Dan: owner/operator of DAN cases; from Germany
  • Necere: designer for NCASE
  • PlayfulPhoenix: owner/operator/webdev for SFF.net (this site/forum), partner/webdev for SFFLab, owner/operator of Chimaera Industries (formerly Kimera Industries)

Yes I totally thought he was the other Dan, ah God, sorry, though the clarification list comes in handy. I really don't want to bother anyone more than necesary, that's why I'm just going to wait for the official response, unless I don't get one in two weeks for example.

I hope this is just a random misfortune and you can continue selling the case here, because I still want mine hahah.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Thanks man, keep me posted if you end up deshrouding it, If you can make some pictures too I'd be glad.
Played a long bf5 gaming session (2 hours). Even without the extra air pushing in or out by the c14s, my temps were great. Constant clocks, no fps drops, junction was now 85 max (can get up to 90 degrees without problem?) and normal temps max 70. Constant 40% fan speed (would ramp up after 70 degrees). Ill probably deshroud in the long run, but 40-45% fan speed, which is perfectly quiet for me, seems the sweet spot in my 21 degrees room temperature.