NCASE M1 V6 info

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
@fatpolomanjr do you have the bottom filter in-place? How are you able to use both the filter and the Noctua anti-vibration mounts together?

I didn't even think of this potential issue, since I figured having the fans as exhaust negates the need for the dust filter. Thankfully Warside already replied it does fit.

Reactions: xSDMx

xSDMx

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
No. The standard ones that come with the F12 fans (SAV2).

Did you cut off the bottom of the SAV2 mounts to fit? Any chance you would have time to share a quick photo for reference? Thanks. I need to get new fan grommets anyway, so I'm debating which SAV replacements I should order that would best suit the NCase.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
What RAM and cooling options are you thinking of pairing with your crosshair impact. I pre ordered the impact as well.

Just got notice that the impact is on it's way!

I am going to pair it with a delided, bare core on cpu block 3950x ( as soon as I can grab one ), with g.skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZR ( 2x16GB 4000MHZ CL19 ).
Regarding cooling I will try to fit the Enermax LiqTech II 240mm ( it has the thickest radiator I could find at 39mm and supposedly capable of removing up to 500w of heat ). Its also on its way right now.
For storage, 2x corsair MP510 2TB
For GFX I will keep my 1080 until the new generation of cards is released next year.

Reactions: Rolling9Deep

Warside

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2019
Did you cut off the bottom of the SAV2 mounts to fit? Any chance you would have time to share a quick photo for reference? Thanks. I need to get new fan grommets anyway, so I'm debating which SAV replacements I should order that would best suit the NCase.

I didn't cut anything :)

I've added 2 more photos to my build on pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Mfw6Mp .

EDIT: Ooops. You're right, the default grommets are labeled NA-SAV1!

Last edited:
Reactions: xSDMx

Nazirite

Caliper Novice
Jul 11, 2019
Aaaaand now bad news... had to reschedule my delivery because I was out of the country. Redelivery date came and past and looks like USPS has lost the package. Tracking says “moving within USPS network“ for 3 days and no update, doesn’t make sense since it should be re-delivered by local post office.

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
Wow going with a $450 ramkit for 32gb?
It's the fastest ram available ( there are some corsair 32gb kits at 4100 but they cheat by upping the voltage to 1.4. The g.skill does 4000 at 1.35 ).
Reason for the 32GB kit is that I run a linux vm on my pc and need quite a lot of memory. Reason for 4000mhz is that I want to try to run the memory controller of the cpu at 2000mhz and the last thing I want is not being able to do it because of the memory.
The memory costs around 300USD in Europe.

Reactions: Rolling9Deep

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
Finally have my M1, was disassembling my old build and it looks like I need a new cooler.

Can anyone or Necrere help me confirm that the C14S will fit? Concerned that the socket is too high and the RAM too tall, but there was one user that managed to make the C14S fit with 47mm tall RAM.

Motherboard: Asrock Fatality B350
RAM: Ripjaw (42mm tall)

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Finally have my M1, was disassembling my old build and it looks like I need a new cooler.

Can anyone or Necrere help me confirm that the C14S will fit? Concerned that the socket is too high and the RAM too tall, but there was one user that managed to make the C14S fit with 47mm tall RAM.

Motherboard: Asrock Fatality B350
RAM: Ripjaw (42mm tall)

I can confirm the ram height when I get home today, but as far as I know the only confirmed motherboards with sockets that are too tall are a few of the X570 boards.

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
I can confirm the ram height when I get home today, but as far as I know the only confirmed motherboards with sockets that are too tall are a few of the X570 boards.

Would definitely appreciate it! For reference, this is the post I was wondering about ram clearance. It seems I’d probably have to buy a different fan, the A12x25?

Last edited:

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019
Ram clearence is 40mm with the 25mm fan

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
Ram clearence is 40mm with the 25mm fan

Right, but if you see the post that I linked to (should be proper now, mobile formatting is a hassle), that person was able to fit the C14S in low profile mode with Trident Royal sticks, which are 47mm in height.

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
Right, but if you see the post that I linked to (should be proper now, mobile formatting is a hassle), that person was able to fit the C14S in low profile mode with Trident Royal sticks, which are 47mm in height.

I can't tell you much more than the specifications, since I've since shoved everything back into my Dan case for now. Measuring the C14S alone I can only tell you that 42mm is the measurement from fan to cpu. Which is already clear from the specs.

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019
He using his power supply in standard position, so he had to replace his c14s standard 140mm 25mm thick fan with another, he must be using a 15mm fan.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
i just tried to mount 2 2,5" SSDs in the front, behind the front cover ... it seems that they are a little to high? am i right or should it work? do i need the optical drive bay when i want to mount 2 2,5" SSD in the front behind the cover? (i don't mean inside)