NCASE M1 V6 info

encorp

Efficiency Noob
Dec 20, 2018
You could explain the situation to Evga, and they would replace your card with something compatible. They have good support.

I tried actually at the time, but since this was a big upgrade and they were short on supply I sort of figured I'd deal with it in the future. I've been stuck using an NZXT H200 just to support the GPU. I may just have to sell it and buy an RTX so I can move to a smaller case like I really want.

Cristian

Cable Smoosher
Jan 12, 2019
As an engineer, I really appreciate several "secondary" features of this case. Hats off to @Necere.
I second that!
I haven't build my work PC in it yet , but I've spent some time looking at the case , I'm impressed by all the small features that shows how much engineering work as gone into the design !
@Necere : Chapeu !

Reactions: bluestofblue

turboleak

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 8, 2019
quick question, who is best for a short cable kit for this case?

If you are willing to spend a bit, then order a custom made kit from cablemod.com ( US and Europe ). Mount everything, take measures of the cable sizes you need, and order. They will look perfect, appearance and size.

I did this for my M1 V1 with a silverstone PSU and a Maximus VIII impact a couple of years ago, and will do the same for my M1 V6 and Corsair PSU with a Crosshair VIII impact

knewt

Caliper Novice
Sep 4, 2019
Just realized I should have ordered a right-angled internal power cable from sfflabs when I ordered the case (its gonna be a tight fit with the PSU in ATX mode), but now its missing from the shop? No trace of it!

I need a right-angled internal power cable. Is it available someplace else? @Necere

Rolling9Deep

Caliper Novice
Sep 5, 2018
If you are willing to spend a bit, then order a custom made kit from cablemod.com ( US and Europe ). Mount everything, take measures of the cable sizes you need, and order. They will look perfect, appearance and size.

I did this for my M1 V1 with a silverstone PSU and a Maximus VIII impact a couple of years ago, and will do the same for my M1 V6 and Corsair PSU with a Crosshair VIII impact

What RAM and cooling options are you thinking of pairing with your crosshair impact. I pre ordered the impact as well.

Last edited:

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
Can someone confirm how many of the M3 pan head screws came in the accessory boxes?

(they look like this)

I think mine only came with 5 of them, which means I am one short when using (4) for the motherboard, and (2) for the GPU bracket.
I only had 5 too.
I thought I lost it some how it or it was only me missing.
I used the m3 pan head w shoulder for the gpu bracket. It sticks out but it worked.

I only received 5 in the #1 box along with 2 stays for the motherboard, 5 M2(?), 5 power supply screws, and 13 pan head with shoulder screws.

Buy_low

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 29, 2019
So I put my build together in the case on Saturday. 9700k, strix z390i motherboard, 240mm aio and a 2080 founders edition graphics card.

I’ve only ever built one pc before (in a large atx case) and the m1 was super easy. I did have some issues with the motherboard and windows installation but nothing to do with the case. Looks great on my desk.

Reactions: rfarmer

xSDMx

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
Here are pics of my build:

C14S with Accelero III on the 1080 Ti. Bottom 120mm fans are exhaust, rear is intake, and cpu fan is exhaust towards the side panel. GPU is undervolted to 925 mV, 1900 MHz. Really quiet when playing FFXIV on max settings, 1440p Ultrawide. Getting about 90-100 fps with hardly any fan noise at all and gpu ~66 deg C max at 35% fan speed. Plenty of gentle warm heat coming out though. Case warms up but doesn't get hot.

@fatpolomanjr do you have the bottom filter in-place? How are you able to use both the filter and the Noctua anti-vibration mounts together?

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Anybody here who already built his system with a crosshair impact and side mounted aio?
If yes are there any interferences with the dimm.2 card?

I wanted to know the same thing. The ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact is on my shortlist, but I couldn't find a height measurement for that DIMM.2 card that's used for the M.2 SSDs and the fan headers.

I'll probably go with air cooling for now, but I'd like to know that I have the option to use a 240mm CLC cooler.

bluestofblue

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2019
So I put my build together in the case on Saturday. 9700k, strix z390i motherboard, 240mm aio and a 2080 founders edition graphics card.

I’ve only ever built one pc before (in a large atx case) and the m1 was super easy. I did have some issues with the motherboard and windows installation but nothing to do with the case. Looks great on my desk.

What problem did you run into with the board? Just picked up the strix z390i.

akira276

What's an ITX?
Oct 8, 2019
Anyone else in Australia with any updates or delivery yet?

My latest, and still current, tracking detail is that it was exported on the 24th September.....
Hi enzo,
I just received my case today, haven't had a chance to open.

Tracking was very slow to update, shipped on 23/9/19 with slowest option. Delivered by Aus post guy, but aus post website doesn't even have details for tracking number. Hope that helps!

Buy_low

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 29, 2019
What problem did you run into with the board? Just picked up the strix z390i.

Due to the large heat sink it was a very tight fit with the pump block and the tubing I had to essentially wedge it I’m against the heat sink. Also, I had everything working but it kept crashing when I tried to boot into windows. A rookie mistake on my behalf, but I didn’t immediately think to update the bios firmware as I assumed I had installed something wrong. Once I updated the firmware it was fine.

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019
i picked mine up from customs office this morning, had to pay 40€ taxes, no customs. will build my system this evening :)

Korath

Caliper Novice
Sep 8, 2019
Got my flatmate to take me to depot to collect last night. £27.53 customs.

Did a rough build last night as room had very little decent light and I was getting annoyed, going to buy some custom shorter PSU cables and do a proper job of it. The EVGA 2080 Super XC Ultra wouldn't fit with any amount of 'gentle force' with 2x Noctua 25x15 fans in the bottom however it would go in with a single fan towards the back of the case.

Absolutely love the case and attention to detail, its one of those things that i KNEW it was small but until I picked up the box and then actually inboxed it it doesn't actually compute.