NCASE M1 V6 info

knewt

Caliper Novice
Sep 4, 2019
Just realized I should have ordered a right-angled internal power cable from sfflabs when I ordered the case (its gonna be a tight fit with the PSU in ATX mode), but now its missing from the shop? No trace of it!

I need a right-angled internal power cable. Is it available someplace else? @Necere

So I ran into another issue with the internal power connector.

I am not able to fit the backplate power connector when my Noctua NH-C14S is connected to my Gigabyte Aorus Z390 I PRO WIFI. I can bend it somewhat but not enough to make it fit.

Any ideas where I can find a internal power connector that is;
  1. Right-angled instead of left-angled
  2. A bit shorter so that it can fit with NH-C14S

?

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019

I am not able to fit the backplate power connector when my Noctua NH-C14S is connected to my Gigabyte Aorus Z390 I PRO WIFI. I can bend it somewhat but not enough to make it fit.

I ran into the same problem with an ASUS Strix B450-I motherboard. All I had to do was move the power cable to the middle slot in the back.

I see you already figured out how to get the psu connected. That one took me a bit after figuring out the back thing.

Reactions: knewt

seba

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2019

Any ideas where I can find a internal power connector that is;
  1. Right-angled instead of left-angled
  2. A bit shorter so that it can fit with NH-C14S

?

Sorry for the bad image.

I think I ran into the same issue as you did.
You can unscrew the plate and the power cable and reroute it and switch sides.
In this case the cable still hits the fan so I slid the fan to the front a little bit and put on the clips in the shifted position.
The small concern I have about this is that, it is hard to feel it but there still might be a little pressure on the fan clip hitting the cable when the top panel is closed.

For the other end it was an extreme bent but I was able to close the panel.
I am also waiting for the power cable with the different angle to be restocked.

This was the first time building in the M1 for me, so I cannot compare but the C14S might be a better cooler than the U9S, but installation is much difficult.

Edit
Just noticed post #1,462 had answered while I was writing.

Last edited:
Reactions: knewt

fatpolomanjr

Caliper Novice
Aug 20, 2019
You can unscrew the plate and the power cable and reroute it and switch sides.
In this case the cable still hits the fan so I slid the fan to the front a little bit and put on the clips in the shifted position.
The small concern I have about this is that, it is hard to feel it but there still might be a little pressure on the fan clip hitting the cable when the top panel is closed.

For the other end it was an extreme bent but I was able to close the panel.
I am also waiting for the power cable with the different angle to be restocked.

Was it necessary to route the power cable behind the heatsink like that? I was able to get the top to close just fine letting it run on top of the heatsink. This also let the psu connection have some slack so it won't push against the top right clip so much.

seba

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2019
Was it necessary to route the power cable behind the heatsink like that? I was able to get the top to close just fine letting it run on top of the heatsink. This also let the psu connection have some slack so it won't push against the top right clip so much.

I checked my cable again.
I would not say it was necessary. I was able to get the panel closed with the cable on top of the heatsink or under the fan. It works either way, but I think I feel a little less pressure on the top panel when the cable is under the fan.
The motherboard I am using is MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC.
Sorry, maybe it is due to the bad image but the cable does not touch the clip in the way I have to so that part should not be a problem.
But I prefer to use the different angled cable if I can since now the cable will be always bent and it will be easier to plug and unplug when I need to.

Hohyss

Caliper Novice
Aug 17, 2019
I wanted to know the same thing. The ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact is on my shortlist, but I couldn't find a height measurement for that DIMM.2 card that's used for the M.2 SSDs and the fan headers.

I'll probably go with air cooling for now, but I'd like to know that I have the option to use a 240mm CLC cooler.

I have the ROG C VIII Impact, Ok with 2 SSD and NH-C14S by Noctua, if you want information, tell me ;)

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
I'm here at the customs in Hamburg, Germany, had to open the box, show invoice (the confirmation email worked) and pay 19% VAT. Bring your wallets!

AlexH

Trash Compacter
Jul 26, 2019
Just got my case!
Opened it asap to take a look at it and wow, looks better than in the photos. I’m impressed. Really love the premium feel.
As the i/o imperfections I got them too but they are so tiny that I have to look from 10cm or closer to notice them so it’s fine.

Can’t build yet cause I’m still waiting for the mobo (damn you asus)

Last edited:
Reactions: Warside

TheOnlyPan

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
I've managed to fit my Vega 56 Strix without the shroud and fans in the V6. Installation was pretty difficult as I had to take the motherboard tray out and assemble outside before maneuvering it in place. If the card was 1-2mm shorter, installation would've been much easier. The side panels also close, but there's a visable bulge where the power connector was.

Reactions: Moondragon

raymondzzd

Cable Smoosher
Aug 7, 2019
Most people I know didn’t get hit with customs. How long did it take Canada Post to deliver the package after clearing customs?

I finally got my ncase yesterday. Cheapest shipping option, no duty/tax.
It seems more expansive shipping option does speed things up on the Canada post side. When did you get yours?

CudB

Chassis Packer
Sep 3, 2019
I checked my cable again.
I would not say it was necessary. I was able to get the panel closed with the cable on top of the heatsink or under the fan. It works either way, but I think I feel a little less pressure on the top panel when the cable is under the fan.
The motherboard I am using is MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC.
Sorry, maybe it is due to the bad image but the cable does not touch the clip in the way I have to so that part should not be a problem.
But I prefer to use the different angled cable if I can since now the cable will be always bent and it will be easier to plug and unplug when I need to.

You can just mount the cooler fan a little lower. The cable can then go above the fan without obstructing the top panel. I have the the same mobo + cooler combo so it works for sure.

I finally got my ncase yesterday. Cheapest shipping option, no duty/tax.
It seems more expansive shipping option does speed things up on the Canada post side. When did you get yours?

I chose the 2nd shipping option and live in BC and my silver m1 was delivered a week ago on Monday Nov 30th. It already made it to my city during the weekend before, so it was just sitting at Canada Post until the next business day.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Just realized I should have ordered a right-angled internal power cable from sfflabs when I ordered the case (its gonna be a tight fit with the PSU in ATX mode), but now its missing from the shop? No trace of it!

I need a right-angled internal power cable. Is it available someplace else? @Necere
The power cable is a custom length for the M1, but otherwise similar to the cables used by other SFF manufacturers in some of their cases (Fractal and Silverstone come to mind). Main thing is to make sure the C13 (end that plugs into the PSU) is low profile enough and the C14 (other end) has the correct mounting ears for the M1 (fairly standard, so shouldn't be difficult).

I've sent w360 a message about restocking the power cables on SFFLab, but as yet he hasn't gotten back to me.

Reactions: C3N0B1T3 and knewt

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Can someone confirm how many of the M3 pan head screws came in the accessory boxes?

(they look like this)

I think mine only came with 5 of them, which means I am one short when using (4) for the motherboard, and (2) for the GPU bracket.
Hm... I specified six of those. They also seem to be including both types of rubber grommets still, which shouldn't be necessary. I think LL must be using the old V5 screw counts. Will have to emphasize it for the next run, I guess, so they get it right.