NCASE M1 V6 info

legit

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
Silver, USA (LA), Cheapest shipping. Delivery attempt was made this morning at 11am via USPS but I wasn't home (didn't realize it'd come today or require a signature).

Probably going take off work early to go grab it.

Reactions: rfarmer

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
This shipment has been handed over to the local Customs Office. A letter with further instructions regarding collection and customers clearance is on it's way to you.

yeah, waiting letter

Hamburg Germany
Yeah got the same, but the letter came a day later and I have a friend pick it up for me tomorrow.

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019
Question for the lucky ones who have already got their case. Is there an invoice included? Or anything else which declares the value? My case is withheld due to missing invoice...

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
Question for the lucky ones who have already got their case. Is there an invoice included? Or anything else which declares the value? My case is withheld due to missing invoice...

On mine there was an invoice. There was the usual shipping plastic folder stick to the box, which let you open it and see the documents.

I got two invoices, I guess one was meant for customs but they did not take it.

Price is also correctly declared : on the shipping label and on the invoices.

Edit : actually, I just checked the conversion from Taiwan dollars to my local currency, price was under estimated for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titchiboi

btroy

Cable Smoosher
Aug 19, 2019
It's done! It works! It looks beautiful! No machining flaws to my naked eye.

It was my first build ever, so just stoked it turned on. I'm sure there are folks here that could seriously improve my cable management, but I did the best I could (and yay for closed side panels!)

Parts list here.

Build album and final product here (although to be honest I was too stressed to take pictures through most of the process.)

My one issue: This one is weird. When I plug the USB dongle for a wireless mouse into either of the front USB ports, the mouse works for about 2 seconds and then the cursor stops moving. This is true for both front ports. The USB dongle works fine in the back ports. The front ports do work, which is the weird part. I'm able to charge my phone through them, for instance. Any thoughts? I'd really like all of my rear-facing USB ports for other cables.

Special shout out to @Qrash. He was super patient and clutch as a resource for a first time builder jumping in on the deep end with an M1!

Reactions: Fire and Qrash

Haas

Cable Smoosher
Aug 14, 2019
I missed your live stream, but I'm watching it now. You did great for this being only your second PC build. An SSF build can be very challenging, but the M1's removable panels (and now the bottom) help a lot. Planning and visualizing each step beforehand is recommended to reduce back-tracking (removing a device or cable that's preventing the installation of another one).

Other recommendations:
  1. Attach the Front I/O cables before installing the power supply. You can keep these cables along the back bottom edge of the case where they will be hidden from view by the graphics card and any bottom fans. Make sure they don't cover the PCI-E slot.
  2. Power supply:
    1. Attach the PS unit to the mounting frame first. This will allow you to attach the PS to the frame using more screws. Next, attach the combination to the case chassis.
    2. Attach the PS cables to the motherboard and all other devices before attaching them to the PS. It's easy to attach modular power supply cables to the PS unit later via the large hole in the chassis below the PS or through the V6's open bottom. Route all the PS cables neatly under or around the motherboard
  3. Install the graphics card last. This seems strange for such a large item, but depending on its size, it should be a simple insertion.

Thanks man! It was much harder than my define S but will all the panels being so easy to pop on and off very doable. Was a really enjoyable build.

The bolder parts are key and some of them I did not realize as I was building it. Next time I go in to put in a new cooler or gpu I will change it up according to these good tips.

Bubmer

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 27, 2019
Anyone else getting a permanent web error when they check tracking? Or if anyone has shipped to mexico where are you guys checking how the tracking is going, neither the all in one tracking nor the mexico post show any movement

XFC3

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2019
So I am very happy to have received my case and finally have it in my possession after the long wait. Some of you will call me picky and others will be able to relate to me I’m sure. We paid a nice penny for this case and expect a high quality and finish on a product like this. I must say the quality is amazing but I’m a little disappointed by the finish. Not sure what happened to my case but it came chipped. Unfortunately, I have the black version and white or silver aluminum is extremely noticeable, especially on the front panel lol (why I was skeptical of black). If that chip was in the rear or side that doesn’t face me I wouldn’t be bothered, but the fact that it’s right in the front is really really bothering me.

Anyone have a fix or any ideas of what I can do if I can’t get the front replaced? Sounds silly to replace it for that chip but if it was your case, I’m sure you would be bothered by it as well. Any suggestion for a possible masking or fix would be great, the brushed aluminum finish is hard to work with or touch up. ?

Ps. Sorry for bad photos, it’s that really obvious white dot on the front panel (no it’s not dust ?)

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Anyone have a fix or any ideas of what I can do if I can’t get the front replaced? Sounds silly to replace it for that chip but if it was your case, I’m sure you would be bothered by it as well. Any suggestion for a possible masking or fix would be great, the brushed aluminum finish is hard to work with or touch up. ?

Ps. Sorry for bad photos, it’s that really obvious white dot on the front panel (no it’s not dust ?)

Correction: Actually you should contact SFFLab for RMAs: https://www.sfflab.com/pages/contact-us

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
So I am very happy to have received my case and finally have it in my possession after the long wait. Some of you will call me picky and others will be able to relate to me I’m sure. We paid a nice penny for this case and expect a high quality and finish on a product like this. I must say the quality is amazing but I’m a little disappointed by the finish. Not sure what happened to my case but it came chipped. Unfortunately, I have the black version and white or silver aluminum is extremely noticeable, especially on the front panel lol (why I was skeptical of black). If that chip was in the rear or side that doesn’t face me I wouldn’t be bothered, but the fact that it’s right in the front is really really bothering me.

Contact Ncase using the link at SFFLab: https://www.sfflab.com/pages/contact-brands .
Actually you should contact SFFLab for RMAs: https://www.sfflab.com/pages/contact-us

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I know you are just excited but let the RMA process takes place. I'm sure they will have a solution for you. I know it sucks but it also happen on other components.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I checked today to see if the front panel in black was in stock but it’s out of stock so I can’t even just buy one to replace it. Not sure if they were ever in stock to begin with, but I thought maybe they might have been. Any idea if they will restock them?
Right now SFFLab just has plans to stock M1 panel kits (front/top/sides) and ODD top panels. Other panels will not be available to purchase individually.

In your case, since it appears it arrived damaged, SFFLab will arrange for a replacement to be sent to you. You could also try filling the chip with a black permanent marker, but based on the size and location you probably wouldn't have satisfactory results.