NCASE M1 V6 info

jdlim07

Chassis Packer
Sep 16, 2019
I dunno how you all managing cables this is a nightmare lol, also how do i connect the power switch on the front panel header on a z390 gigabyte aorus pro wifi i tried following the manual but its not turning on, note to self dont mount the psu before everything is working i unmounted it like 5 times already....

Fire

Caliper Novice
Aug 12, 2019

same as other people here, no updates since departure
can you scroll down? domestic tracking ends when it leaves Taiwan ... but foreign shows up when it arrives at destination country.

maybe use your local parcel service for tracking? Mine is DHL and it showed up on their tracking long before any other service.

Last edited:

jdlim07

Chassis Packer
Sep 16, 2019
Remove the two screws on top of the bracket, then pull the top part of the bracket rearward (you'll have to angle it up a little so the power button connector clears its little cutout on the chassis floor). Might be easier to remove the I/O plate at the front first.

Alternatively, you can remove the entire bracket by unscrewing the feet, then the three screws fastening the bracket to the chassis.
Thanks Necere! Another question which way should my psu fan face?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks Necere! Another question which way should my psu fan face?
It's up to you. If you have a fan across from it on the fan bracket, you can feed it directly with filtered air with it facing left. If not, then pulling air through the right side panel might keep it cooler.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
So, update on the front I/O plate situation - I've just spoken with Lian Li, and there was actually a reason they didn't laser cut the plates: the laser cutting machine will produce small scratches on the material. Normally they clean this up with the brushed finishing, but these parts are too small to be run through those machines. The NCT produces scratches as well, but in that case they protect the surface with a plastic sheet while it's cutting. That won't work for laser cutting though, since the laser will melt the sheet. So these parts effectively can't be cut using the laser.

There is hope however: they're working on a solution using custom tooling which should result in cleaner edges. Assuming it works out, these will be in the next production run. I'd also like to offer them to people who already have the V6 and want replacement plates, though that'll take some time since they'll be manufactured alongside the next M1 production run (likely December-January).

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
So, update on the front I/O plate situation - I've just spoken with Lian Li, and there was actually a reason they didn't laser cut the plates: the laser cutting machine will produce small scratches on the material. Normally they clean this up with the brushed finishing, but these parts are too small to be run through those machines. The NCT produces scratches as well, but in that case they protect the surface with a plastic sheet while it's cutting. That won't work for laser cutting though, since the laser will melt the sheet. So these parts effectively can't be cut using the laser.

There is hope however: they're working on a solution using custom tooling which should result in cleaner edges. Assuming it works out, these will be in the next production run. I'd also like to offer them to people who already have the V6 and want replacement plates, though that'll take some time since they'll be manufactured alongside the next M1 production run (likely December-January).
Thanks a lot for all your hard work! Mine is in customs, will see how the frontplate is. Won't make a whole lot of a difference to the best case ever though.

Warside

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2019

Thank you for the detailed explanation and the replacement offer @Necere !

Great customer support!

Warside

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2019
can you scroll down? domestic tracking ends when it leaves Taiwan ... but foreign shows up when it arrives at destination country.

maybe use your local parcel service for tracking? Mine is DHL and it showed up on their tracking long before any other service.

I can also speak for Alex (same destination country, same dispatch batch). There're no foreign information while we track the package w/ http://postserv.post.gov.tw/pstmail/main_mail.html and "Poste Italiane" still didn't register the shipment.

I suppose it's due to Poste Italiane (they also are responsible for customs in Italy) that still have not processed that batch coming from Taiwan.
Italian customs are so shitty that a lot of CN/HK couriers prefer to import goods via Germany, UK or France instead of Italy. It's a shame.

@Necere: I'm curious. How many Italian folks did buy the M1? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexH

C3N0B1T3

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Gah, anyone else in the UK have their Customs status updated to "Revised Customs charges raised"? I have clicked the little "i" next to the message but it tells me nothing.

turke

Caliper Novice
Jul 20, 2019
Gah, anyone else in the UK have their Customs status updated to "Revised Customs charges raised"? I have clicked the little "i" next to the message but it tells me nothing.

It's nothing significant or out of the norm really, nothing to be concerned about. It's basically a secondary check that the amount is representative of the product, could mean the charge went up or down, or stayed the same, you'll never know.

Last edited:
Reactions: C3N0B1T3

KojimaDaGoat

Cable Smoosher
New User
Sep 27, 2019
Case arrived today, UK. The marks mentioned on the front IO is near invisible unless specifically looking for them and you cannot see them at all unless you're looking from underneath the case. The case is otherwise in near immaculate condition with one little tiny mark on the top panel, which is again, near invisible. Came with two boxes of accessories. Very pleased, now I'm just awaiting for the internals to be delivered!

SpencerUk

Average Stuffer
Jun 3, 2018
It's nothing significant or out of the norm really, nothing to be concerned about. It's basically a secondary check that the amount is representative of the product, could mean the charge went up or down, or stayed the same, you'll never know.

Yeah @C3N0B1T3 I had that on mine and came to £32.50, don't worry about it.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
I got the V6 yesterday, and, being a previous owner of the v5 I would like to say this is really a brilliant update. I would like to share some initial thoughts (didn't really get to all the aspects, so I might add some more later).

Some really positive remarks:
- The extra ventilation easily reduces the GPU temps by about 10 degrees Celsius compared to the v5, and prevents extra heat from being accumulated on the sides (the M2 SSD was on the back side of my motherboard, and it's temperature decreased by about 15 degrees).
- The fact that the bottom is removable is just brilliant. It was very difficult to work in that area after the GPU is installed, and now, it's a easy as pie. I didn't even realize this new change until I got the case.
- The narrower margins in the GPU area also make installation a bit easier
- The fact that the motherboard assembly is held by screws instead of rivets is also a nice touch.

However, I would also like to mention some issues:
- The change from an HDD cage to 2 brackets is a real downgrade to this part in my opinion. I have a rather heavy HDD (14TB) and these brackets really aren't robust enough. I actually ended up using the cage from V5 for my HDD, as I really didn't like how the brackets were holding it.
- The PSU support which is being held now by 3 screws on the right side also is much less rigid than the mounting in v5. It's not really an issue, but it is enough to move the PSU cables to cause all the assembly with the PSU to move, which might end up bending the place where it is screwed over time.

All in all, I'm very happy with this update.

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
Yea exactly the same for me I ended up getting charged £25.67 perhaps others payed for more expensive shipping only reason i can think of for the 2 different charges I've seen.

btroy

Cable Smoosher
Aug 19, 2019
Silver case, arrived on the US east coast late last night! Got in super early on the pre-order and did the more expensive (not most expensive?) shipping method. I can't freaking wait to do my first build ever in this bad boy. The case is gorgeous. I can't find any machining imperfections. Thanks for the care and personal support you've put into this @Necere.

Just informed my boss of my sick day. Expect panicked "help" posts (or a full build album if we're lucky!) soon.