NCASE M1 V6 info

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
I can also speak for Alex (same destination country, same dispatch batch). There're no foreign information while we track the package w/ http://postserv.post.gov.tw/pstmail/main_mail.html and "Poste Italiane" still didn't register the shipment.

I suppose it's due to Poste Italiane (they also are responsible for customs in Italy) that still have not processed that batch coming from Taiwan.
Italian customs are so shitty that a lot of CN/HK couriers prefer to import goods via Germany, UK or France instead of Italy. It's a shame.

@Necere: I'm curious. How many Italian folks did buy the M1? :)
I'm an Italian living in Canada, I bought the Ncase because I can bring it with me when I'll move back to Italy!

JoShmo

Cable Smoosher
Jul 30, 2019
So, update on the front I/O plate situation - I've just spoken with Lian Li, and there was actually a reason they didn't laser cut the plates: the laser cutting machine will produce small scratches on the material. Normally they clean this up with the brushed finishing, but these parts are too small to be run through those machines. The NCT produces scratches as well, but in that case they protect the surface with a plastic sheet while it's cutting. That won't work for laser cutting though, since the laser will melt the sheet. So these parts effectively can't be cut using the laser.

There is hope however: they're working on a solution using custom tooling which should result in cleaner edges. Assuming it works out, these will be in the next production run. I'd also like to offer them to people who already have the V6 and want replacement plates, though that'll take some time since they'll be manufactured alongside the next M1 production run (likely December-January).
Marvelous. Thank you for the info and your transparency. Great customer service!

Pringus

Case Bender
Sep 30, 2019
Here she is. Been using it for a couple of days for photo editing and Borderlands 3. Highest I've seen the CPU go is 85°c in Sanctuary. Did 30 minutes testing each on AIDA64 and Firestrike as well as being on >24hrs. Despite the size, it was pretty easy to put together. Temps in imgur link.

Reactions: EndEffeKt and Qrash

OutereloCarlos

Efficiency Noob
Feb 15, 2019
Hello everybody! I've got 2 questions for you all, so if anyone could take some time to answer that would be much appreciated.

- Question 1:
I'm eager to get my hands on the V6. Ordered the silver version the day the preorders went live, and since then I've received no updates on the shipping.
I am not really active here, but I've read both here and in /r/sffpc that there was a shipping problem regarding the silver M1.

Is there any updates on that? Should I be worried?

- Question 2:
I was thinking of buying the Aorus X570 board and the C14S CPU cooler from Noctua, but the motherboard socket seems to be placed quite high so the cooler interferes with the top panel. Some users have asked Noctua for a mount that allows a 90º rotation on the cooler, however this is not recommended by Noctua themselves, as seen in the C14S' instructions manual:

I understand why such orientation is not recommended, as the high temperature of the fluid could cause it to "stay" on the heatpipes so the radiator would not dissipate as much heat... But I'm unsure of the practical difference (as in ΔºC or noise levels).

So, as silence and performance are my priorities, my current alternatives are as follow:
  • Rotate the C14S
  • Buy the ASRock motherboard (but I don't think its fan could be removed, something that I think it's possible with the Aorus board)
  • Wait for B550...
What are your thoughts on my current situation? Do any of you have any way of testing the C14S orientation?

(Quoting @Necere because as the designer you might have some insight on this... And this way I can also praise your improvements on the V6 hehehe)

Best regards to you all!

Reactions: ps -ef

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
Ncase arrived safe and sound so butchered my old pc for the psu then went to take the cpu out of the box to install it in the motherboard. Of course I dropped it and bent some pins ? case looks absolutely awesome btw

Warside

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2019
Hello everybody! I've got 2 questions for you all, so if anyone could take some time to answer that would be much appreciated.

- Question 1:
I'm eager to get my hands on the V6. Ordered the silver version the day the preorders went live, and since then I've received no updates on the shipping.
I am not really active here, but I've read both here and in /r/sffpc that there was a shipping problem regarding the silver M1.

- Question 2:
I was thinking of buying the Aorus X570 board and the C14S CPU cooler from Noctua, but the motherboard socket seems to be placed quite high so the cooler interferes with the top panel. Some users have asked Noctua for a mount that allows a 90º rotation on the cooler, however this is not recommended by Noctua themselves, as seen in the C14S' instructions manual:

I understand why such orientation is not recommended, as the high temperature of the fluid could cause it to "stay" on the heatpipes so the radiator would not dissipate as much heat... But I'm unsure of the practical difference (as in ΔºC or noise levels).

So, as silence and performance are my priorities, my current alternatives are as follow:
  • Rotate the C14S
  • Buy the ASRock motherboard (but I don't think its fan could be removed, something that I think it's possible with the Aorus board)
  • Wait for B550...
What are your thoughts on my current situation? Do any of you have any way of testing the C14S orientation?

(Quoting @Necere because as the designer you might have some insight on this... And this way I can also praise your improvements on the V6 hehehe)

Best regards to you all!

1. Track the shipment using http://postserv.post.gov.tw/pstmail/main_mail.html
2. I have the Aorus X570 + Noctua C14 (yes, the old model). I can check if it fits as soon as I receive the case.

Haas

Cable Smoosher
Aug 14, 2019
Gonna do a super amateur level stream of my trying to set mine up. Was gonna be for a friend that wanted to watch but thought I might as well open it up to you guys. Ttv/haaas. Maybe in like 15 min

OutereloCarlos

Efficiency Noob
Feb 15, 2019
1. Track the shipment using http://postserv.post.gov.tw/pstmail/main_mail.html
2. I have the Aorus X570 + Noctua C14 (yes, the old model). I can check if it fits as soon as I receive the case.

1. It seems it departed from Taiwan on the 26/09, with no updates since then... But at least there is no "unknown" status on that site.
2. I've read the C14 fits fine, so you should be good to go! However, not only I find the C14S more interesting (due to the thermal results seen here) but the original C14 is nowhere to be found where I live, so that is not an option for me.

Thanks anyway! I hope both our cases arrive soon!

Warside

Trash Compacter
Sep 2, 2019
2. I've read the C14 fits fine, so you should be good to go! However, not only I find the C14S more interesting (due to the thermal results seen here) but the original C14 is nowhere to be found where I live, so that is not an option for me.

Does it fit fine w/ the Aorus x570 and the M1? Wow, ty for the info. I was scared I cannot close the top panel.

Dries

Caliper Novice
Aug 3, 2019

- Question 1:

- Question 2:

• Rotate the C14S
  • Wait for B550...

Best regards to you all!
Hi, on regards on the aorus MB and the c14s. Someone tested that on Reddit, link in another topic on the forum. Some topics down. It seems only one way to fit as you mentioned not recommended by noctua.
ASRock board has it's socket a bit more down. But in my opinion i doubt if it will be enough, it will be a very close call. Didn't find any pics of some who did the same combo.
I Will use a b450 Asus board, cant wait any longer... B550 are announced but if they come as fast as x570 boards, likely next year...

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Hi, on regards on the aorus MB and the c14s. Someone tested that on Reddit, link in another topic on the forum. Some topics down. It seems only one way to fit as you mentioned not recommended by noctua.
ASRock board has it's socket a bit more down. But in my opinion i doubt if it will be enough, it will be a very close call. Didn't find any pics of some who did the same combo.
I Will use a b450 Asus board, cant wait any longer... B550 are announced but if they come as fast as x570 boards, likely next year...

I can't find the actual post but I remember reading a post where the C-shaped CPU heatsink would only fit with the heatpipes pointing downward which Noctua didn't recommend. The user mounted it that way anyway and found the performance to be acceptable. So I don't know if there is a long-term reason not to mount a C-shaped heatsink in that orientation, but you can give it a try, especially if that's the only way it will fit.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Gonna do a super amateur level stream of my trying to set mine up. Was gonna be for a friend that wanted to watch but thought I might as well open it up to you guys. Ttv/haaas. Maybe in like 15 min

I missed your live stream, but I'm watching it now. You did great for this being only your second PC build. An SSF build can be very challenging, but the M1's removable panels (and now the bottom) help a lot. Planning and visualizing each step beforehand is recommended to reduce back-tracking (removing a device or cable that's preventing the installation of another one).

Other recommendations:
  1. Attach the Front I/O cables before installing the power supply. You can keep these cables along the back bottom edge of the case where they will be hidden from view by the graphics card and any bottom fans. Make sure they don't cover the PCI-E slot.
  2. Power supply:
    1. Attach the PS unit to the mounting frame first. This will allow you to attach the PS to the frame using more screws. Next, attach the combination to the case chassis.
    2. Attach the PS cables to the motherboard and all other devices before attaching them to the PS. It's easy to attach modular power supply cables to the PS unit later via the large hole in the chassis below the PS or through the V6's open bottom. Route all the PS cables neatly under or around the motherboard
  3. Install the graphics card last. This seems strange for such a large item, but depending on its size, it should be a simple insertion. For really big cards you may have to install the graphics card before installing bottom fans because you may need that space to tilt the graphics card as you install it.

Titchiboi

Caliper Novice
Jul 23, 2019
Anyone using a fan hub or just using fan splitters? I'm using asus b450 and only have 1 additional fan header on top of cpu one. Will be using 2 noctuas underneath gpu but thinking of an additional exhaust as well on the 92mm rear fan mount.

NeverBackDown

Caliper Novice
Jul 22, 2019
Anyone using a fan hub or just using fan splitters? I'm using asus b450 and only have 1 additional fan header on top of cpu one. Will be using 2 noctuas underneath gpu but thinking of an additional exhaust as well on the 92mm rear fan mount.

Noctua fans come with a splitter. Most come with a 30cm extension cable as well. So probably don't need a fan hub. You can daisy chain extensions/splitters. Provided you can power the fans and cable length (pretty sure voltage drops further you go, shouldn't be a problem though). It's what I have in my current build.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Do you talk about an Asus B450-i Strix? You got 3 fan headers. Cpu, Aio and sys-fan. I think you can use the aio header for fans no problem.

Reactions: Titchiboi

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
This shipment has been handed over to the local Customs Office. A letter with further instructions regarding collection and customers clearance is on it's way to you.

yeah, waiting letter

Hamburg Germany