NCASE M1 V6 info

Nescent

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 7, 2019
Hi guys, I am curious if I've missed the pre-order for the Ncase M1 v6?

Looking at the FAQ it says sometime in August, but notice the site says sold out for v6.
So unfortunately confused.

jack1940

Average Stuffer
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe producing additional components to support 240 mm AIO radiator in the future will be a more effective and realistic solution, just like ghost s1. It's only stronger than ghost s1.

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018

Looking at the FAQ it says sometime in August, but notice the site says sold out for v6.

Have the exact same question, came here hoping to find an answer...

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015

Have the exact same question, came here hoping to find an answer...
First round of preorders sold out in a few days, we've increased the size of the order and will open another round of preorders later this month.

Nescent

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 7, 2019
First round of preorders sold out in a few days, we've increased the size of the order and will open another round of preorders later this month.

Thanks! Any chance you have a narrower window for when we should expect preorders to open up? I have a massive fomo for this case and gutted that I already missed the first wave by a few days, hate for that to happen again!

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks! Any chance you have a narrower window for when we should expect preorders to open up? I have a massive fomo for this case and gutted that I already missed the first wave by a few days, hate for that to happen again!
Second half of August.

ps -ef

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Not sure offhand what the height of the m.2 is. From the back of the motherboard to the right side panel is 11mm though.

Production is supposed to be done by mid September, I believe. So that's the earliest cases can ship.

Thanks for the info ?
Will avoid those with bigger heatsink, like Aorus nvme gen4 (H 11.4mm), on the back of the motherboard.
My guess the nvme slot need 1~1.5 mm from motherboard also.

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018

I think this case is ever increasing in notoriety....I suppose that's good for you! :). I'll keep a lookout.

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
What's the difference between the inside fan PSU configuration and outside fan PSU configuration. Is one more optimal than the other for temps? Are there any configuration issues to be aware of with either orientation? What's the purpose for being able to configure it in either orientation?

I'm about to order custom PSU cables and its an option I need to select.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I actually had mine with the fan facing away from the fan bracket, made it easier to route the 24 pin cable for me. Some people like to have the fan facing the fan bracket if they are using intake fans, that way the PSU gets fresh filtered air.

Reactions: Ranker

IanKen

Efficiency Noob
Jul 29, 2019
Did some digging, and it appears the rear fan grate lost the 80mm holes which the Ice Man Reservoir/Pump uses to mount.

That seems to be the case...

I just finished doing a dual-rad (2 x 240) update using the xspc slim rads and the iceman res. I had to trim a lot of plastic off the front port connectors. I was hoping any revision would take into account the dual-rad scenario.

Nescent

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 7, 2019
Second half of August.
What's going on here?

I checked this morning and the case was still out of stock.
I literally just got an email saying the case was in stock, So I rushed to purchase one.
Site says low stock, I get one in my cart and immediately it's out of stock...

How many where made available? 5?!?
So frustrated right now

Reactions: sffdeez

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Did some digging, and it appears the rear fan grate lost the 80mm holes which the Ice Man Reservoir/Pump uses to mount.
I literally just purchased this. So the Ice Man res/pump won't be compatible anymore with the M1?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
What's going on here?

I checked this morning and the case was still out of stock.
I literally just got an email saying the case was in stock, So I rushed to purchase one.
Site says low stock, I get one in my cart and immediately it's out of stock...

How many where made available? 5?!?
So frustrated right now
same here. Got the mail at 7:22 AM, checked at 7:29 AM -> SOLD OUT

would love to hold one in my hands :)
Mate ... I got the email at 3:22pm Melbourne time. I have a screenshot showing it was sold out in my cart at 3:24pm
The notifications you're getting are from preorder cancellations that are opening one spot at a time. When the second round of preorders open, you'll have plenty of time to get an order in (days-weeks).

I've asked w360 to turn off notifications for now so you guys won't get frustrated by them any longer :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Fire

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I literally just purchased this. So the Ice Man res/pump won't be compatible anymore with the M1?
Yeah, unfortunately I only became aware that res was using the 80mm mounting holes when it was already too late to make changes to V6. Sorry if that ruins anyone's plans.