NCASE M1 V6 info

Sflot

Chassis Packer
Jul 8, 2019
In The Netherlands we rarely have them or use them. Only for purchases where there is no other option we can use (strange though since you have more protection from a credit card). I had to use my fathers card for the ncase order and I'm 26.
Just don't get so fucked up people when the OP was clearly right, though not completely, and there was also a grain of salt to be spotted in his writing...
Looks like my fellow Dutchman gets it. Obviously the Netherlands isn't all of Europe but for simplicity's sake it might as well be. Funnily enough I might also have to ask my dad for his credit card...

Reactions: HyperActive

CALiiGeddon

Chassis Packer
Jul 30, 2019
I just recently found out about this case and I plan on ordering the V6 real soon. I am aware that some cards are a real tight fit and can work but how well would a ROG Strix 2080 Ti do in this case? I would consider the option of taking off the shroud and fans, if possible, and using 2x120mm fans on the bottom for the cooling instead if that would work better. I plan on using a Dark Pro TF for the CPU too if I decide to go air cooling over the Kraken x52.

M1AF

Average Stuffer
Jan 1, 2019
I just recently found out about this case and I plan on ordering the V6 real soon. I am aware that some cards are a real tight fit and can work but how well would a ROG Strix 2080 Ti do in this case? I would consider the option of taking off the shroud and fans, if possible, and using 2x120mm fans on the bottom for the cooling instead if that would work better. I plan on using a Dark Pro TF for the CPU too if I decide to go air cooling over the Kraken x52.

There are fitment issues with the 2.7(5) slot RTX cards from Asus(Strix) and EVGA(Ultra) if you're going for the pseudo Accelero III mod. You need to either bend or remove the clips that are used to mount the fan assembly to the card in order to clear the space for the fans, otherwise they can't be used as exhaust. From what I've heard, they can be used as intake though with the clips unaltered.

Removal comes in the form of modifying or destroying the bracket. u/reddituser329 said he was able to bend a few of the clips and leave the bracket attached - while I tend to take the "let's destroy the $1300 card" approach.

Alessio.B87

Average Stuffer
May 7, 2019
There are fitment issues with the 2.7(5) slot RTX cards from Asus(Strix) and EVGA(Ultra) if you're going for the pseudo Accelero III mod. You need to either bend or remove the clips that are used to mount the fan assembly to the card in order to clear the space for the fans, otherwise they can't be used as exhaust. From what I've heard, they can be used as intake though with the clips unaltered.

Removal comes in the form of modifying or destroying the bracket. u/reddituser329 said he was able to bend a few of the clips and leave the bracket attached - while I tend to take the "let's destroy the $1300 card" approach.

Damn! This is exactly what I wanted to do with my computer too! Is this a problem with all the strix cards? Even with possible future RX 5700 XT I guess then

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
You mentioned that you ordered extra panels? Are those going to be available to buy or pre order soon? Would like to order the silver.
There will be a limited supply of panel kits and ODD top panels available, but those won't be orderable until production is complete I believe.

Seems like it should fit okay. Looks like a reference-size PCB, and the height looks like they might be measuring with the PCI bracket included, which adds about 15mm. So the height sans bracket (the more common way of measuring and what I use) is actually around 121mm.

Reactions: FelipoG

pitashen

What's an ITX?
Sep 1, 2018
Not sure I like the new side panel with increased ventilation holes. They sure have their functional purpose, but sacrifice quite a bit of its elegance found in previous versions.

Reactions: paulesko

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Optimumtech has made lots of ncase m1 video's on youtube and had to undervolt his 2080ti. It could be fine, but better take a less hungry card for the thermals (though the new ventilation holes may help a lot).

The dark rock tf is great, but a pain to install and fit. Many posts exist on this cooler in the ncase m1. Please do research on every component. The dark rock tf pushes the ram too on Almost all mobos and some mobos wont even be possible. You also have to bend the heat pipes of the cooler.

Same thermals as the dark rock tf, but way easier install: noctua c14s. Its like the gold standard in the ncase m1 when going air cooling. With the new psu bracket included, the 140mm fan can be mounted underneath when the psu is mounted sideways.

Last edited:

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Isnt the c14s discontinued? I was also planning with the dark rock tf and corsair vengence lpx ram. Will see how that goes...

CALiiGeddon

Chassis Packer
Jul 30, 2019
Isnt the c14s discontinued? I was also planning with the dark rock tf and corsair vengence lpx ram. Will see how that goes...

I did find some on Amazon for $75 so that's not that bad of a price at all. I am curious though. I wonder what is the absolute best 2080 Ti is that would fit and then take off the shroud and stock fans. Then either use the stock heatsink or use Accelero Xtreme III or IV and use 2x120mm fans for the cooling. I want the best of the best really.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
You will never ever see me paying 1200 dollar of my hard earned money for a gpu. Especially if you got to undervolt that overpriced piece of s.... eh silicium.
I would take a card with lower tdp for less money and be satisfied.
You would not buy a lambo to then have it locked at 200 km/h. Get a Volvo instead :D

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
It is not discontinued, it is only the former version C14 which is disconnected. See:

But from my research looking at dozens of benchmarks, it does not seems that the performance are that exceptional compared to a Kabuto 3, or a dark rock tf.

Plus there are also issues with some motherboards like the Asus rog strix Z390i where the IO shield is too big and the C14s cannot be used.

In my understanding, the C14 was popular because you could mount 2 fans and it would still fit in the M1. Which is not the case for the C14S.

So I would also support your choice for the be quiet one

Last edited:

CALiiGeddon

Chassis Packer
Jul 30, 2019
You will never ever see me paying 1200 dollar of my hard earned money for a gpu. Especially if you got to undervolt that overpriced piece of s.... eh silicium.
I would take a card with lower tdp for less money and be satisfied.
You would not buy a lambo to then have it locked at 200 km/h. Get a Volvo instead :D

Yeah I suppose a 2070 Super would work perfectly fine.