NCASE M1 V6 info

batterybull

Trash Compacter
Jul 28, 2018
Would love to be able to fit rads and 25mm fans on the bottom, all loops I've soon so far are done with slim fans.

Also long shot here but flex psu compatibility?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Would love to be able to fit rads and 25mm fans on the bottom, all loops I've soon so far are done with slim fans.

Also long shot here but flex psu compatibility?
Dimensions haven't changed, so no more room for fans on the bottom than there is now.

No provision for flex PSU compatibility. Out of curiosity, why would you want it?

Have you made that V6 new feature list yet?
I will post a list when I've confirmed all the changes that will make it to production.

Reactions: Bounou and gMit

lcxlim

Chassis Packer
Jun 23, 2019
Regarding the new front I/O, will a separate front panel be sold for those who buy the first round with no I/O? Assuming that the panels can be changed, but I'm guessing that's not exactly possible.

Weathex

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 17, 2019
Is the V6 able to fit the same GPU size on slot 3 as slots 1 and 2 now? Cause I want to buy the AORUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB XTREME Turing Graphics Card, which is 290mm in length but 2.75 slots

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Reactions: Khaledious

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
Why not just wait till the official specs of the case are announced? No point in buying it right now, these cards will become cheaper anyways when super launches.

Weathex

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 17, 2019
Why not just wait till the official specs of the case are announced? No point in buying it right now, these cards will become cheaper anyways when super launches.
It's currently cheaper buying in the UK which I'm currently living in, than buying back home for when i return during the summer

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Is the V6 able to fit the same GPU size on slot 3 as slots 1 and 2 now? Cause I want to buy the AORUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB XTREME Turing Graphics Card, which is 290mm in length but 2.75 slots
No. Look at the Gigabyte cards with the Windforce cooler instead.

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
So the V6 would fit the GPU then? Since the front IO is removed and the card was smaller in length than the 2 slot max length

In Necere's post he stated the new Front I/O unit is shorter than in previous revisions and the maximum length for a card that extends into the lowest expansion slot will be 290 - 294 mm. The graphics card model you linked to is 290 mm long and 59.9 mm thick which is almost a full 3 slots so this length limit is barely met.

However, the Aorus 2070 8GB XTREME graphics card's height is 134.31 mm. The two PCI-E power connectors are recessed which is nice, but the clips along the bottom of the case that secure the M1 side panel will be a problem. Necere illustrates that the clips limit the card height in the lowest slot to 131.53 mm which is less than the Aorus card. One or more of these clips will interfere with the card's shroud.

Last edited:

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
^In addition to this, you also have to take into account the difficulty larger cards introduce to installation. Keep in mind that the the dimensions manufactures give typically don't include the card bracket, which adds ~13.5mm to the total length. In the M1 there is 288mm between the flanges at the front and rear of the chassis (283mm in V5), so any card over 275mm long requires a sort of 'parallel parking' operation, where the front of the card has to be angled in through the side, then through the opening in the front of the chassis, then straightened and backed up to seat in the PCIe slot. Taller cards present an additional challenge since the opening at the front is only wide enough to allow for cards that are maybe 125mm tall through (111mm on V5). With cards over 2.2 slots (45mm), this won't work at all, since the front I/O is in the way and the front opening narrows below that point.

Reactions: Khaledious

Saltydog2128

What's an ITX?
Jun 30, 2019
I've been waiting for the new ryzen CPU's to build my first PC. I've decided the NCASE M1 V6 is where it will be created in. The case looks amazing.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hi, anyone here have tried an Asus Strix Vega 64 on an Ncase M1? Will it fit ?
Cards over 2.2 slots thick (~45mm) can't be longer than 280mm or they conflict with the front I/O. That card is also too tall at the corners.

Brock

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2018
Some of y’all need to read through the thread. It’s only 6 pages. That being said I’m eagerly awaiting v6 to come out to purchase. I’ve gone from dan case to ghost s1 to sliger sm560. Looking forward to a new build.