NCASE M1 V6 info

Sike

Efficiency Noob
Jun 15, 2019
You could go for a Cougar QBX for the time being, it's cheap and offers a similar internal design like the NCase.

They aren't still 700 euros, they have been way cheaper, guess they are sold out now. Pretty sure they aren't produced anymore since Navi is going to replace Vega in terms of performance (with way less power consumption and noise). I'd reccomend you to wait for a 5700 XT. Blower Vega 64 are a pain in the butt anyway ?
Thanks for the info.
Yeah, I can't find any cheap blower vega 64 and the other ones are all 3 fans +2,5 slots but at a really good price right now.
I would wait for a 5700 XT but I fear it may not be compatible with the hackintosh.
As of now, Mojave 10.14.5 offers native gpu support for most of the polaris and vega cards.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I've been waiting for the case to be available for preorder for a while. But seems like, it's not gonna be out in mid June as it was scheduled on sfflab. I really need a V6 in order to complete my build by the end of August since I already ordered all the other parts and will be moving to another country in Sep. Do you think that is it possible to make it available soon and that my plan would work as I expect? Or should I just look for a V5 somewhere to complete my build?
My best guess right now is that production will be done and cases shipping by the end of July/beginning of August.

lekien

Minimal Tinkerer
Jun 16, 2019
My best guess right now is that production will be done and cases shipping by the end of July/beginning of August.
Imagine that I'll have managed to get a V5 on ebay then V6s come out, I know how my face would look like. Thank you for the information. I'll definitely wait for a V6.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The ventilated area of the side panels will be expanded for V6.
Regarding the display cards, the official statement is:-
Rear exhaust cards are recommended, especially for cards with a TDP greater than 150W.

Now, with the new expansion of ventilated area of the side panels, will this official statement be revised? Particularly, will the ventilation improvement be sufficient enough to recommend internal exhausting cards as well?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Regarding the display cards, the official statement is:-
Rear exhaust cards are recommended, especially for cards with a TDP greater than 150W.

Now, with the new expansion of ventilated area of the side panels, will this official statement be revised? Particularly, will the ventilation improvement be sufficient enough to recommend internal exhausting cards as well?
Yeah, probably about time to retire that particular recommendation. Not like many people followed it anyway.

Reactions: lekien and rfarmer

GemeTO

Case Bender
Jun 18, 2019
How likely is it that V6 is still available / in stock when waiting for the bracket with front I/O? I live in Europe and would have to pay 2 x shipping costs if first ordering the initial V6 without front I/O and then seperately the bracket with front I/O... I need the front I/O for 2 USB receivers to wireless connect mouse and keyboard and the audio to connect headphones. I would assume that for people using the case on their desk this is a common scenario to avoid most of the cables.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
How likely is it that V6 is still available / in stock when waiting for the bracket with front I/O? I live in Europe and would have to pay 2 x shipping costs if first ordering the initial V6 without front I/O and then seperately the bracket with front I/O... I need the front I/O for 2 USB receivers to wireless connect mouse and keyboard and the audio to connect headphones. I would assume that for people using the case on their desk this is a common scenario to avoid most of the cables.
Unfortunately two separate items are always shipped as two separate packages, so it's 2x shipping costs regardless. This is because everything is already packed for shipping and stored - they don't repackage anything.

If you wanted to get them together, you would need to wait for V6 to be available with front I/O included.

Reactions: jagernaut

GemeTO

Case Bender
Jun 18, 2019
Thank you for the quick response. What is the ETA for V6 with front I/O included? Sorry if the answer is already in the thread, I might have overseen it.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thank you for the quick response. What is the ETA for V6 with front I/O included? Sorry if the answer is already in the thread, I might have overseen it.
Don't know yet, but I'd say at least 2 months after the initial no-I/O run.

DougmanXL

Cable Smoosher
Jun 18, 2019
Is the 240mm fan bracket going to be in stock at the same time as the no IO case? I'm planning on building a portable workstation with a kracken x52 and a 3900x or 3950x, and I want to be able to overclock it.

Also does anyone know if the height of the dual m.2 mounts on the asus rog x570-i will interfere with an AIO on the side? It looks pretty tall. The crosshair viii impact also has a big m.2 card thing that might interfere with an aio also. Maybe the gigabyte aorus x570i wifi would be better.

Zutko

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2019
Will the sidepanels from V6 fit on V5? I am looking for a vent panel for V5 and a fan mount on the side. No parts for V5 will be made so I wonder..

Khaledious

Trash Compacter
Apr 28, 2019
Will the sidepanels from V6 fit on V5? I am looking for a vent panel for V5 and a fan mount on the side. No parts for V5 will be made so I wonder..
Let me be absolutely clear so there's no more confusion:
  • V6 aluminum exterior panels will be backward compatible with all previous versions of the M1.
  • A full-glass side panel, when and if that happens, will not be backward compatible with any version before V6, since it requires new mounting holes on the chassis.
  • There may be one more limited run of the older style windowed panels (aluminum w/cutout for glass window) for V5 and earlier users (w360's call if he wants to offer it).

stopfive

Case Bender
Jun 21, 2019
Unfortunately two separate items are always shipped as two separate packages, so it's 2x shipping costs regardless. This is because everything is already packed for shipping and stored - they don't repackage anything.

If you wanted to get them together, you would need to wait for V6 to be available with front I/O included.

What exactly is included on the version without the front I/O? Just a power button?

Thanks.

Zutko

Caliper Novice
Apr 3, 2019
Yeyyyyy, I am in for a new set of panels :). Anyone interested in window panel? Swapping it for a vented one + side mount for fans :)