NCASE M1 V6 info

The_Mad_Madman

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Does anyone know if the CPU socket is in the same height for x570i and B450i Aorus, someone in Reddit managed to fit the C14S in the B450i so if it's the same as the x570 there is a chance.

SunnyHere

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2019
@Necere Is it still possible to get the v5-style side panels? I'm aware of the possible loss in heat dissapation, but still prefer the look though. (Actually No holes at all would be even better for me, but I dont think that's an option)

p.s. is the v 6.1 psu barcket compatible with v6 case, and will it provide any possible bonus ?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere Is it still possible to get the v5-style side panels? I'm aware of the possible loss in heat dissapation, but still prefer the look though. (Actually No holes at all would be even better for me, but I dont think that's an option)
The old side panels are no longer available.

p.s. is the v 6.1 psu barcket compatible with v6 case, and will it provide any possible bonus ?
Yes, V6/V6.1 SFX brackets are interchangeable. No major difference, the newer one just limits the range of motion the PSU can have.

BLH

Case Bender
Jan 31, 2020
Hi,
I am trying to place an order for a M1 case but there's no option to pick Germany (or "Deutschland") in the country dropdown for the shipping address. How do I get this case delivered here? Looking at this thread, people form Germany seem to have ordered the case before - and recently. Maybe someone who had the case shipped here can point me in the right direction?! Thanks.

Amonchakai

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2019
They paused the shipping to Germany because the case doesn't have the CE certification and it was being intercepted by customs in Germany.

It seems they will get the certification and resume shipping. For now you have to wait, or maybe use a proxy from a different country?

Reactions: Plaklijm

BLH

Case Bender
Jan 31, 2020
They paused the shipping to Germany because the case doesn't have the CE certification and it was being intercepted by customs in Germany.

It seems they will get the certification and resume shipping. For now you have to wait, or maybe use a proxy from a different country?
Thanks for the info. I actually remember reading about that, bit didn't connect the dots...
Using a proxy might work, but the risk of interception by customs remains. I guess I'll wait until they receive the CE certification.
@Necere Maybe you could update the first post once the certification comes through? Thanks.

draic

Chassis Packer
Feb 7, 2018

the only part that needs the CE certification is the cable. And getting CE for that shouldn't be a problem. I had my fair share with german customs in the past and also problem about stupid CE requirements. For example I had the issue that an included charger was also missing the CE cert. After some discussion I could take everything else with me, but had to leave the charger (which will get destroyed). I bought a different one. The same should be possible with the NCASE. In case customs gives you trouble, just argue to let them keep the cable, but let you take the rest. The other cables do not require CE as there is not much power going through them. Customs have zero ground to reject the case without the power cable. And with this information added, NCase should start shipping to germany again. In a lot of cases nobody at customs will care anyways.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere what is the status with availability? I'm looking to buy silver M1
Late Feb/March, as it says on the website.

btw how fast are pre-orders gone? i was not able to catch silver M1
Previous order periods for V6/6.1 have sold out in 3-4 days.

Edit: the cases that were available earlier were just a handful from cancelled orders. Normally the restock notification doesn't go out when it's just a few, but one person cancelled an order for 15 cases which was over the threshold and the notification did go out. Apologies for that, it wasn't supposed to and it was an oversight on my part not to change the limit beforehand.

Last edited:

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Late Feb/March, as it says on the website.

Previous order periods for V6/6.1 have sold out in 3-4 days.

Edit: the cases that were available earlier were just a handful from cancelled orders. Normally the restock notification doesn't go out when it's just a few, but one person cancelled an order for 15 cases which was over the threshold and the notification did go out. Apologies for that, it wasn't supposed to and it was an oversight on my part not to change the limit beforehand.
Really hope you charged the 15 case order person a restocking fee. It's so frustrating to see resellers asking double the price for the case right now.

toy_soljah

Cable Smoosher
New User
Sep 30, 2019
Really hope you charged the 15 case order person a restocking fee. It's so frustrating to see resellers asking double the price for the case right now.

Yes, this is happening locally in my country. I'm seeing people are reselling at $300-$400 USD for the V6. Pity those who really want it but couldn't get it on time.

MDKenley

Chassis Packer
Sep 23, 2019
Hello Fellow Enthusiasts!
I am a healthcare designer and I needed a small yet powerful PC for modeling and rendering, I was sick of keeping two computers maintained as I work both on-site (5-hour drive one way) and at home. After a ton of research, this build seemed to be the best solution.

Build 1 (Air Cooled) I was doubtful that air cooling would be enough for the 3950X, but I had to try since I absolutely hate AIO coolers, however, this configuration performed better than I expected! Under normal workload and with my modeling software the temps were respectable, however, when rendering my models with V-ray the CPU temp would climb into the 80’s and that is a bit high for my liking. I would’ve likely been able to get the temps down with the fans set to 100% but I do A LOT of rendering and that’s obviously not an ideal situation.

Build 1 (Air Cooled)
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
  • Noctua NH-C14S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler
  • Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming
  • G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
  • Samsung 970 Evo 250 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
  • Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
  • PNY Quadro RTX 4000 8 GB Video Card
  • Corsair SF 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply
  • (2) Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan (Bottom Intake)
  • (1) Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fan (Side Intake)
  • (1) Noctua NF-A9 PWM 46.44 CFM 92 mm Fan (tried both Intake and Exhaust w/no meaningful difference)
  • NZXT Grid+ V3 Six Channel Digital Fan Controller
FILE: 24MB Model

AMBIENT: 21c

Anti-Aliasing: 16x (love the RTX 4000 BTW ?)

CPU GPU CPU RPM GPU RPM

IDLE: 38c 34c 600 1500

MODELING 7.5%/35%: 47c 58c 600 1500

RENDERING 100%/3%: 84c 39c 1250 1500

So, after my tantrum… Build 2 with the Kraken X52 :/
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
  • NZXT Kraken X52 Rev 2 73.11 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • (4) Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan ((2) Bottom Intake, (2) Radiator Intake)
CPU GPU CPU RPM GPU RPM

IDLE: 38c 34c 400 1500

MODELING 7.5%/35%: 44c 53c 400 1500

RENDERING 100%/3%: 67c 33c 1250 1500

Um, Yeah…this will work…amazing performance from this tiny beast! ?

Photo Link- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuNh0O7GLya-gq0GIykRx8DluQBJNg?e=0Imd7i

Last edited:

msek

Caliper Novice
Dec 21, 2019
Build 1 (Air Cooled) I was doubtful that air cooling would be enough for the 3950X, but I had to try since I absolutely hate AIO coolers, however, this configuration performed better than I expected! Under normal workload and with my modeling software the temps were respectable, however, when rendering my models with V-ray the CPU temp would climb into the 80’s and that is a bit high for my liking. I would’ve likely been able to get the temps down with the fans set to 100% but I do A LOT of rendering and that’s obviously not an ideal situation.

Build 1 (Air Cooled)
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
  • Noctua NH-C14S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler
  • (2) Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan (Bottom Intake)
  • (1) Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fan (Side Intake)
  • (1) Noctua NF-A9 PWM 46.44 CFM 92 mm Fan (tried both Intake and Exhaust w/no meaningful difference)
  • NZXT Grid+ V3 Six Channel Digital Fan Controller
FILE: 24MB Model

AMBIENT: 21c

Anti-Aliasing: 16x (love the RTX 4000 BTW ?)

CPU GPU CPU RPM GPU RPM

IDLE: 38c 34c 600 1500

MODELING 7.5%/35%: 47c 58c 600 1500

RENDERING 100%/3%: 84c 39c 1250 1500

What thermal paste did you used? What fan did you used on C14S? Box or you changed to slim one?

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Build 1 (Air Cooled) I was doubtful that air cooling would be enough for the 3950X, but I had to try since I absolutely hate AIO coolers,
just out of interest, why do you hate AIO's, especially for something like rendering its the best solution in this small of a space, you saw yourself that it is the better solution for temps. Because of the constant heat output and the slow warming up from the liquid its just better overall. I also have that configuration in my ncase and render alot, and im happy that I chose that option because of the low temps. its a bit more work setting up etc, but the end results are just outstanding, onyl problem is that little pump noise, but i dont mind it because it runs pretty slow.