NCASE M1 V6 info

MultiDoc

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Feb 2, 2018
Its been probably posted somewhere but couldn’t find it, so here it goes: anyone knows the actual dimensions of the side panels’ perforated area ? And also the rear opening for the fan ?
I’d like to order some custom made filters in advance to fit on the outside and these dimensions would be great help if anyone knows them.

Thanks in advance.

Plaklijm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2019
Its been probably posted somewhere but couldn’t find it, so here it goes: anyone knows the actual dimensions of the side panels’ perforated area ? And also the rear opening for the fan ?
I’d like to order some custom made filters in advance to fit on the outside and these dimensions would be great help if anyone knows them.

Thanks in advance.
the rear fanmount is a mount for a 92 mm fan, and the perferated sidepanels are 31,5 cm in length and 24 cm in height, and the perferated area is 25 lenght by 17,2 cm height(note:rough dimensions, so maybe i am a mm off or so). this is measured on the NCASE m1 v6.1

Reactions: MultiDoc

MultiDoc

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Feb 2, 2018
the rear fanmount is a mount for a 92 mm fan, and the perferated sidepanels are 31,5 cm in length and 24 cm in height, and the perferated area is 25 lenght by 17,2 cm height(note:rough dimensions, so maybe i am a mm off or so). this is measured on the NCASE m1 v6.1
Thanks! I’ll go ahead and order them.

Reactions: Plaklijm

jaynamics

Case Bender
Jan 11, 2020
Got the M1 v6.1 Black for January 16-21, 2020! So much happier than last week when my order disappeared from my cart while processing. Improved my odds by creating an account, adding in my shipping and billing addresses, and pasting in my CC info instead of hoping I typed it fast and accurately enough. Thanks @Necere for setting up the Pre-Order method and getting cases and shipments ready before the NY. And now the wait begins...
Ordered Saturday, January 11, 2020, first pre-order slot, TWPS AIR 1-4 weeks shipping, arrived in SoCal on Wednesday, January 22, 2020!

Plaklijm

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2019
Thanks! I’ll go ahead and order them.
Where are you ordering them? I was thinking of doing the same but only for the PSU area, because the rest has dust filtration in the V6.1 and what doesn't is exhaust. And the PSU is an intake so I want to make sure it has its own little filter.

MultiDoc

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Feb 2, 2018
Where are you ordering them? I was thinking of doing the same but only for the PSU area, because the rest has dust filtration in the V6.1 and what doesn't is exhaust. And the PSU is an intake so I want to make sure it has its own little filter.
From DEMCiflex.com , i have been using their filters for years and they are the best.

Reactions: Plaklijm

MikeTek

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 29, 2019
Just received my M1 in silver and I love it. Looking around for a build spec that matches what I'm trying to do.

i5
Air Cooled
Low to mid range video card

Looks like everyone's builds are mid to extreme high end and as I'm not a avid gamer, I'd like to save some bucks on the video card.

Thanks in advance.

wildwest

Efficiency Noob
Jan 4, 2020
Just finished my build, and here to share some thoughts with the components I had!

AMD Ryzen 3700X
Noctua U9S with an extra A9 for push/pull
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi
G.Skill F4-3200C16D-32GFX Dual Channel
Gigabyte RTX2070 Super Windforce OC (GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD)
Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Plus M.2
Corsair SFX600 Platinum

Case related:
  1. The manual says there's the M3 Pan Head screws for chassis, brackets, motherboard, GPU bracket - it doesn't mention that there are two different lengths of the M3 Pan Head screws being used. Eg, the two used on AIO/side exhaust bracket mounted on the back of the case, are slightly longer than the rest of the M3 screws.
  2. The mobo integrated backplate pushes the second A9 a little higher up, but still fits inside the case with the side panel on
  3. The IO block USB3 cable is relatively long for where the port is on the motherboard - there's probably constant stress on the cable / motherboard port it no matter how I routed the cable, simply because of its thickness and excess length
  4. I pushed the type E cable out the front and hid it behind the front panel...
  5. The GPU despite being specced as a "2 slot card" was slightly taller than 2 slots with it's shroud, which meant two Noctua NF-F12s I planned to use as bottom intakes didn't fit. They will have to wait until I get an Arctic Accelero on to the GPU
  6. Plenty of space in front of the PSU for the excess PSU cables. Still plan on getting some custom cables later to clean it up
Components related...
  1. AMD vs Intel...the variety of Mini ITX motherboards available for AMD seemed much less at the reasonable price points. The Intel equivalent of the motherboard has a type E header. Didn't realise this until far down the track.
  2. From the photo the motherboard has 2 SYS_FAN headers, but one of them is being used by the NVMe cooling block
  3. The NVMe active cooling block seems absolutely useless. There's no good thermal contact between the SSD and the block. With the fan connected, the drive is idling at ~53 degrees, and hits up to ~60s without the fan. Both scenarios was higher than I was expecting.
  4. The NVMe fan has a slight whine to it that's noticeable when the CPU coolers are near idle....any suggestions here for a passive cooling solution welcome!

Other notes!
  1. I bought the AM4 mounting kit for the US9 plus Artic Silver thermal paste, not realising the US9 came with both those things!
  2. I bought extra Noctua PWM splitters, also not realising the two NF-F12s and NF-A9 all came with splitters!

Last edited:

tinyitx

SFF Guru
Jan 25, 2018
Gigabyte RTX2070 Super Windforce OC (GV-N207SWF3OC-8GD)

The GPU despite being specced as a "2 slot card" was slightly taller than 2 slots with it's shroud, which meant two Noctua NF-F12s I planned to use as bottom intakes didn't fit. They will have to wait until I get an Arctic Accelero on to the GPU
It is unfortunate that the two NF-F12s cannot be used as bottom intake. Now that they are not there, do you have acceptable temp, especially the CPU and GPU when they are under gaming load?

The Gigabyte display card's stock cooling seems quite adequate with its beefy heatsink and tri-fan in asymmetric spinning design. Maybe you can jog down its temp now and then compare it later with the Artic Accelero. Please report the comparison.

So, you do not have any case fan for intake/exhaust. Right? The pull fan of the U9S, more or less, acts as an case exhaust fan?