NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The only thing I can think of is that there is some model-to-model variation in the cards, or else there's a difference between the OC and non-OC versions that's not reflected in the specs. @Daandris and @bindi you could check for this by laying the card on a flat surface and put a ruler next to it and measure to the top of the backplate.

bindi

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2020
The only thing I can think of is that there is some model-to-model variation in the cards, or else there's a difference between the OC and non-OC versions that's not reflected in the specs. @Daandris and @bindi you could check for this by laying the card on a flat surface and put a ruler next to it and measure to the top of the backplate.

Just a note: I got a call from PLE (the store I ordered my card from) and it turns out they actually sent me the non OC model of the card. They asked me to bring it back and swap it, but I asked to keep it and they refunded the difference. So Daandris and I have the exact same card!

I will measure the backplate shortly and get back to you.

To the previous poster who questioned the stress that the card could put on the slot. The little locking piece actually fell off when I removed it, although I was able to put it back. Not sure if it’s actually locking the card anymore, although it’s not a huge issue in my personal build because everything is wedged in so tight.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
To the previous poster who questioned the stress that the card could put on the slot. The little locking piece actually fell off when I removed it, although I was able to put it back. Not sure if it’s actually locking the card anymore, although it’s not a huge issue in my personal build because everything is wedged in so tight.
Oh, wasnt excpecting you to say that. Well then they arent as sturdy as i thought... good to know :)

Daandris

Efficiency Noob
Oct 9, 2020
Just a note: I got a call from PLE (the store I ordered my card from) and it turns out they actually sent me the non OC model of the card. They asked me to bring it back and swap it, but I asked to keep it and they refunded the difference. So Daandris and I have the exact same card!

I will measure the backplate shortly and get back to you.

I am using Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB Trinity . I checked Zotac website and measurements are exactly the same in mm but in inches are different. So I think Zotac may have messed up here.

Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity
317.8mm x 120.7mm x 58mm / 12.5" x 4.75" x 2.28"

Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity non-OC

317.8mm x 120.7mm x 58mm / 12.5" x 4.8" x 2.3"

4.75" = 120.65 mm
4.8" = 121.92 mm
2.28" = 57.91 mm
2.3" = 58.42 mm

@Necere @Plaklijm I've deshrouded my card so I can get better temps.

I've measured the shroud and it's sitting at just over 317 mm.

@bindi when I had the shroud on I can confirm that the GPU was resting on the IO casing, but in my perspective it was perfect as it was acting as a gpu bracket, ensuring there was no sag.

Reactions: Plaklijm

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
I am using Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB Trinity . I checked Zotac website and measurements are exactly the same in mm but in inches are different. So I think Zotac may have messed up here.

Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity

4.75" = 120.65 mm
4.8" = 121.92 mm
2.28" = 57.91 mm
2.3" = 58.42 mm

@bindi when I had the shroud on I can confirm that the GPU was resting on the IO casing, but in my perspective it was perfect as it was acting as a gpu bracket, ensuring there was no sag.
Everything is solved then, but its weird that the measurements are different in inches, I'll type up an email real quick and see why that is.
Update 1: Email send

Last edited:
Reactions: wzhalex

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Yeah well, bit's power just showed photo's off of the 3090FE block it's on the rear of the card so the card shrinks very small.

As for the clunky power adapter, I agree although looking at the EVGA sleeved cable looks like it would be perfect.
well, something just got announced :)

it is the 3080 waterblock, however i wouldnt be suprised if they just upscaled the block to fit the 3090. But i have to say, this waterblock is absolutely stunning!!

Reactions: Teletubby89

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015

Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity

4.75" = 120.65 mm
4.8" = 121.92 mm
2.28" = 57.91 mm
2.3" = 58.42 mm

I missed that you're using the 3090 while bindi has the 3080. The half a millimeter difference in thickness wouldn't make a significant difference, but maybe there are differences in the shroud design that affect compatibility. I'll split them up in the list.

bindi

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2020

Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity

4.75" = 120.65 mm
4.8" = 121.92 mm
2.28" = 57.91 mm
2.3" = 58.42 mm

Wow. This is the reason! Well done for finding this out.

So it looks like with the 3090 it's a perfect fit (with the IO casing fitting as an anti-sag bracket) and with the 3080 it's slightly too big.

I'll measure my shroud and backplate shortly to confirm that the website dimensions are accurate. But it looks like we have our explanation. Who would have thought that the 3080 cooler would be bigger than the 3090 cooler though!?

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Wow. This is the reason! Well done for finding this out.

So it looks like with the 3090 it's a perfect fit (with the IO casing fitting as an anti-sag bracket) and with the 3080 it's slightly too big.

I'll measure my shroud and backplate shortly to confirm that the website dimensions are accurate. But it looks like we have our explanation. Who would have thought that the 3080 cooler would be bigger than the 3090 cooler though!?
I don't think it's a different cooler. It's way to expensive to produce different coolers for practically the same card. Mass producing the same will get the cost down. I sent them an email about this, and I'll get back to this when I get a reply
Edit: maybe the 3080 has the cooler placed in a slightly different way, so that the cooler on top is in a different place. Because the components used on the board are different/higher or something

Last edited:

PhilosopherWorking73

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 8, 2020
I thought I'd seen as example of the ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 8G fitting, with the use of low profile adapters. Did I imagine that? Would it be possible I wonder?

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
It's stunning it will look so good in the ncase , cant wait to get it all sorted last bit of the jigsaw , everything else is up and running

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
I thought I'd seen as example of the ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 8G fitting, with the use of low profile adapters. Did I imagine that? Would it be possible I wonder?
Didn't find anything online, But the size of the 3070 is within spec of the Ncase M1 compatibility sizes on their website. So it will fit. And indeed, this card is pretty wide so you couldn't get away with the normal power adapters
Edit: Nvm found something on facebook

Last edited:

akuma2097

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 2, 2020
Hello,

I have an N-Case M1 V6 and I purchased a Galax/KFA2 RTX3070 SG and I was able to fit in the card with 1-2mm to spare. I had to remove the front panel to insert the GPU and reattach / close the front panel securely. I just needed to do some minor cable routing to allow room for the card to connect properly.

I am actually in the process of water-cooling my pc but haven't received all the parts as yet.

I have a photo of the card inserted and the box of the gpu, but I am unsure how to add it, if possible, to this message?

I noticed on you supported GPU list that this card was NOT supported but it does fit :)

Just thought you'd like to know.

Regards

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hello,

I have an N-Case M1 V6 and I purchased a Galax/KFA2 RTX3070 SG and I was able to fit in the card with 1-2mm to spare. I had to remove the front panel to insert the GPU and reattach / close the front panel securely. I just needed to do some minor cable routing to allow room for the card to connect properly.

I am actually in the process of water-cooling my pc but haven't received all the parts as yet.

I have a photo of the card inserted and the box of the gpu, but I am unsure how to add it, if possible, to this message?

I noticed on you supported GPU list that this card was NOT supported but it does fit :)

Just thought you'd like to know.

Regards
Did you need to remove the front I/O ports?

You can use imgur for image hosting.

Edit: seems like the 3070 version of the Galax isn't the 61mm (3 slots) the specs say it is. This review shows it as a ~2.5 slot card.

Last edited:

andy66

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2019
Gigabyte RTX 3070 Eagle OC does fit perfectly with installed front I/O?
Currently 2x 120mm fans are installed at the bottom, which does fit also. But do they really help or should i better remove them?

radnox

Cable Smoosher
May 7, 2020

Asus 3080 TUF received and installed. The only issue I had is the far right fan slightly touching the front connectors. I'm thinking about a solution to this issue. Right now I just added a support to add a spacer (approx 2mm) but maybe there's a better thing to do. I was thinking maybe cutting a small bit of the connector's plastic.

william_www

Caliper Novice
Oct 7, 2020

Asus 3080 TUF received and installed. The only issue I had is the far right fan slightly touching the front connectors. I'm thinking about a solution to this issue. Right now I just added a support to add a spacer (approx 2mm) but maybe there's a better thing to do. I was thinking maybe cutting a small bit of the connector's plastic.
Oh no. I just ordered a tuf 3080. Did you try put 2 fans under it?