NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

wzhalex

Trash Compacter
Jul 22, 2020
I decided to go for the 3080 after getting hold of the 3090 , both where FE , only think waiting on is the fe EKWB water block and also to decide what quick disconnects to use , i am using the ek soft tube that Op tech uses. Any advice guys links too * uk *
?
same here, I got a 3080FE and now just waiting for the EK water block, they said it will come out at the end of Oct. I bought Koolance quick disconnect fitting.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Hi guys, which RTX3070 can fit Ncase? Cant wait to get one
I'm also looking at this as well and so far have the nVidia FE, EVGA XC3 so far.

The EVGA 3070 FTW is 300mm long which can fit without front panel or it will be very close like the Asus 3080 TUF with a difference of less than 1mm between them. It would be good to see if someone can fit it with the front panel buttons.

The Asus 3070 TUF seems to be a 2.75 slot so assumed it won't fit with the front buttons.
this is a spreadsheet that i found on reddit a few weeks back. In the bottom you can choose which card and you will see for every card that is added if its compatible or not

bindi

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received my ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity OC (that's a mouthful) the other day and I wanted to report my results in the NCASE M1 Version 6.1, using an Asus ROG Strix X570I Gaming ITX Motherboard.

This card is listed as 'compatible' in the GPU list, as confirmed by Daandris. However, I did not have quite as much luck in my build. The fit of this card is so tight that it's compatibility in the NCASE will come down to your motherboard and where the PCIe slot is. I have documented this in an imgur post here:
I suggest that we remove the 'compatible' tag from this card. It does not fit using one of the community's most popular SFF motherboards (Asus ROG Strix X570I Gaming ITX) and I expect that compatibility is going to be extremely hit or miss purely based on your motherboard choice.

On the bright-side: this is a PERFECT candidate for deshrouding in the NCASE. It's an almost perfect fit with NF-A12x25 fans underneath. You can see this in the imgur post I referenced above.

If anyone has any questions about this card, how it fits in the NCASE, or how I deshrouded it, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Cheers!

Bindi

Reactions: TRBZN61

Xdrqgol

Efficiency Noob
Oct 18, 2020
yes no problem there, only the AIB cards will vary in size and fitment, but the "Founders edition" will just slot in and is ready to fire up

PowerColor RED DEVIL... I thinking might be some sort of a "BEAST", but I am stil confident that will fit.

Another thing that I had on my mind was : 6900XT - will this only be released by AMD?

pchangover

Case Bender
New User
Aug 4, 2020
PowerColor RED DEVIL... I thinking might be some sort of a "BEAST", but I am stil confident that will fit.

Another thing that I had on my mind was : 6900XT - will this only be released by AMD?

Yea the 6900XT is an AMD release only from what I gather.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019

Im not that into radeon graphics myself, but seeing the powerdraw given by AMD, still waiting on independent testing for the real results becasue it looks like the marketing involves around the 300 watt powerdraw, but they added a feature to boi ost your performance, so think with that feature on it will hit the same wattage as the 3080 (talking about the 6800 XT btw). Just clever marketing by AMD to lower the powerdraw and then up it with a button to match it. But this feature could also have the same 300 watts, so we need to wait on that to see. But given the power draw it would be pretty obvious that the cards will be around the same sizes as the 3080s.

Reactions: Xdrqgol

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Hi everyone, I received my ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity OC (that's a mouthful) the other day and I wanted to report my results in the NCASE M1 Version 6.1, using an Asus ROG Strix X570I Gaming ITX Motherboard. This card is listed as 'compatible' in the GPU list, as confirmed by Daandris. However, I did not have quite as much luck in my build. The fit of this card is so tight that it's compatibility in the NCASE will come down to your motherboard and where the PCIe slot is. I have documented this in an imgur post here: I suggest that we remove the 'compatible' tag from this card. It does not fit using one of the community's most popular SFF motherboards (Asus ROG Strix X570I Gaming ITX) and I expect that compatibility is going to be extremely hit or miss purely based on your motherboard choice. On the bright-side: this is a PERFECT candidate for deshrouding in the NCASE. It's an almost perfect fit with NF-A12x25 fans underneath. You can see this in the imgur post I referenced above. If anyone has any questions about this card, how it fits in the NCASE, or how I deshrouded it, please don't hesitate to ask :) Cheers! Bindi
Just a thing, i dont think its your motherboard. PCIe placement on motherboards is a universal thing. Becasue if this wouldn't be like that, you would need to buy a case dependent on your motherboard brand. Or a GPU to match that exact PCIe placement. I think its just the card thats just a chonker and is just a tight squeeze
Hi guys,
I've been quietly following this thread for a while.
I have just registered to report that Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity fits without an issue inside the NCase M1 V6.1 . The front USB-C, USBs and Jack ports all need to be removed.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/NxTCmG

Above is a link with photos ( not the best quality but I hope will suffice as evidence ) .

NCase M1 family for the win !
Its little hard to see, but you can see in this users post that it is also a thight fit.

Reactions: Qrash

KamikazePlatypus

Caliper Novice
Aug 13, 2018
Is there a consensus on what the best 3080 is overall for noise and temps in the M1? I am willing to deshroud. From what I've seen, it looks like the FE, TUF, Ventus, Zotac, and EVGA all fit.

Daandris

Efficiency Noob
Oct 9, 2020
Hi everyone,

I received my ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity OC (that's a mouthful) the other day and I wanted to report my results in the NCASE M1 Version 6.1, using an Asus ROG Strix X570I Gaming ITX Motherboard.

This card is listed as 'compatible' in the GPU list, as confirmed by Daandris. However, I did not have quite as much luck in my build. The fit of this card is so tight that it's compatibility in the NCASE will come down to your motherboard and where the PCIe slot is. I have documented this in an imgur post here:
I suggest that we remove the 'compatible' tag from this card. It does not fit using one of the community's most popular SFF motherboards (Asus ROG Strix X570I Gaming ITX) and I expect that compatibility is going to be extremely hit or miss purely based on your motherboard choice.

On the bright-side: this is a PERFECT candidate for deshrouding in the NCASE. It's an almost perfect fit with NF-A12x25 fans underneath. You can see this in the imgur post I referenced above.

If anyone has any questions about this card, how it fits in the NCASE, or how I deshrouded it, please don't hesitate to ask :)

Cheers!

Bindi

Mini-ITX motherboards all have universal dimensions. Zotac Shroud is massive, but with some compromising ( front IO ), any NCase owner should be able to fit the card in.

But you are correct in the fact that it is challenging to get it in. I will message the moderator and ask them to add the additional note on the list. However it does not change the fact that it does not fit.

bindi

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2020
Mini-ITX motherboards all have universal dimensions. Zotac Shroud is massive, but with some compromising ( front IO ), any NCase owner should be able to fit the card in.

But you are correct in the fact that it is challenging to get it in. I will message the moderator and ask them to add the additional note on the list. However it does not change the fact that it does not fit.
By removing the front IO, do you mean switching to the IO that only has the power button? Or removing that module all together? It looks like it’s still on in your photo.

I was not aware that the PCIe slot location was universal, I assumed there was some variance. Even a few mm would be enough to cause this. Can you think of any other explanation for why it fits in your case but not mine?

I spent a long time trying to get the card to fit. In my case, the fit is not just tight: it doesn’t sit flat and places extreme stress on the PCIe slot. There is no way I would be comfortable saying this card ‘fits’ because long-term it will almost certainly get damaged or damage the motherboard.

Just to be clear, I’m not suggesting that you or or your post was misleading. I’m just trying to get to the bottom of this to help the community. Personally I’m very happy with my deshrouded setup anyway :)

bindi

Efficiency Noob
Oct 29, 2020
I have just made an imgur gallery that compares Daandris' photos to my own.

We are both using the NCASE M1 V6, and we are both using the power button module at the front. But if you compare the photos, his clears the power button module and mine doesn't. This puts my entire GPU on an uncomfortable angle that is probably damaging to both the card and PCIe slot. There is no way that I could personally say that this card fits in the case.

Does anyone have any idea why we have had different results? It would be good to get to the bottom of this to keep the community informed about which cards fit.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Is there a consensus on what the best 3080 is overall for noise and temps in the M1? I am willing to deshroud. From what I've seen, it looks like the FE, TUF, Ventus, Zotac, and EVGA all fit.
I would go for the TUF, its the best in cooling/noise. as for the rest: They are great cards without a doubt, but IMO the TUF is a better option. and you wont have to spend more on deshrouding, or possibly damaging a card

Last edited:

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
By removing the front IO, do you mean switching to the IO that only has the power button? Or removing that module all together? It looks like it’s still on in your photo.

I was not aware that the PCIe slot location was universal, I assumed there was some variance. Even a few mm would be enough to cause this. Can you think of any other explanation for why it fits in your case but not mine?

I spent a long time trying to get the card to fit. In my case, the fit is not just tight: it doesn’t sit flat and places extreme stress on the PCIe slot. There is no way I would be comfortable saying this card ‘fits’ because long-term it will almost certainly get damaged or damage the motherboard.

Just to be clear, I’m not suggesting that you or or your post was misleading. I’m just trying to get to the bottom of this to help the community. Personally I’m very happy with my deshrouded setup anyway :)
Removing front I/O means just switching the plates. This makes it easier to install because you wont have any bulky cables around.

Also i cant really think of an explanation. Only thing i can think of is that ZOTAC maybe has made changes to their cards that made it bigger, but i would highly doubt that.

And as for the stress part, i dont really think that is the biggest issue, nowadays the PCIe slots are a lot stronger because cards got a lot bigger with the years. They are built to endure GPU sagg, wich is also pretty demanding on the slot. And your motherboard has a shielded PCIe slot, so that also helps. So the stress on your slot wont be a big issiue. BUT it helps to avoid it as much as possible tho.

@bindi and @Daandris can you maybe share more pictures, would be easier too see the problem and maybe work it out

@Necere Maybe you have an idea on whats happening here?