NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

GB223

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 22, 2020
Dumb question but just making sure I get it right, If I get the 3080 TUF, I need to remove the front IO but I would still be able to have the power button and the power led connected? just giving up on the USB and audio ports, is that correct?

3geekfamily

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2020
Dumb question but just making sure I get it right, If I get the 3080 TUF, I need to remove the front IO but I would still be able to have the power button and the power led connected? just giving up on the USB and audio ports, is that correct?

Correct.

Reactions: GB223

ClawSS

Chassis Packer
May 23, 2020
Is it agreed that they are Type B low profile 180 degree adapters for the Tuf 3080/3090 cards? Is it a bad assumption that the other manufacturers would also be type B?

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Is it agreed that they are Type B low profile 180 degree adapters for the Tuf 3080/3090 cards? Is it a bad assumption that the other manufacturers would also be type B?

I never noticed before that the male half of the adapter that connects to the graphics card doesn't have a latch or clasp to lock on to the small wedge. I know disconnecting the adapter would be more difficult, but it would be manageable with a small screwdriver and I'd prefer the adapter to secured to the card.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
I never noticed before that the male half of the adapter that connects to the graphics card doesn't have a latch or clasp to lock on to the small wedge. I know disconnecting the adapter would be more difficult, but it would be manageable with a small screwdriver and I'd prefer the adapter to secured to the card.
to be fair i dont think a latch is necessary, power pluggs have a pretty snug fit, and becasue you arent touching the cables afterwards i dont think a lack of latch is really a big issue. Also there is no room (without making it more difficult to manufacture or just over engineering it) for a latch to be mounted propperly onto that adapter, and unplugging it wont be user friendly, so thats why they dont have latches i think.

Reactions: Qrash

william_www

Caliper Novice
Oct 7, 2020
Hi guys, I just order a ncase m1 and cant wait to move my current build to m1. But I have a ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC edition CPU and I see it is being marked as difficult to install. How difficult it is? What is recessed power connectors meant?

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Hi guys, I just order a ncase m1 and cant wait to move my current build to m1. But I have a ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC edition CPU and I see it is being marked as difficult to install. How difficult it is? What is recessed power connectors meant?
I dont have any experience with that card, but it probably means in order to install it, you need to kinda push it into the case at an angle. For example you need to push it in at an angle of 45 degrees and when its in the case you need to level it and push it into the PCIE slot. Also recessed power connecters mean that your power connectors are a little bit pushed back on the PCB shown in foto:

This is only positive because you have more clearance to install your power connectors so they dont interfere with the side pannel.
Edit: just saw its listed in the first post in this forum, you see a spoiler with recessed power connectors, this will give you a little more info on this becasue it compares the non recessed with the recessed.

Last edited:
Reactions: william_www

william_www

Caliper Novice
Oct 7, 2020
I dont have any experience with that card, but it probably means in order to install it, you need to kinda push it into the case at an angle. For example you need to push it in at an angle of 45 degrees and when its in the case you need to level it and push it into the PCIE slot. Also recessed power connecters mean that your power connectors are a little bit pushed back on the PCB shown in foto:

This is only positive because you have more clearance to install your power connectors so they dont interfere with the side pannel.
Edit: just saw its listed in the first post in this forum, you see a spoiler with recessed power connectors, this will give you a little more info on this becasue it compares the non recessed with the recessed.
Thanks mate. But one more thing, does "Compatible with front I/O ports removed " mentioned in first post mean the front I/O can be put back or not? Sorry for the noob question, it's my day 1 to join this forum. Thanks again!

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Thanks mate. But one more thing, does "Compatible with front I/O ports removed " mentioned in first post mean the front I/O can be put back or not? Sorry for the noob question, it's my day 1 to join this forum. Thanks again!
No stupid questions! But compatible with front I/O ports removed means that you need to install the power button only plate and remove the Front USB and 3,5 mm jack in order to fit in the GPU. This is because the power button has a real low profile cable running of of it, but the other ports have thick cables, so this would interfere with your GPU because you dont have enough room to manage these cables, they will be hitting your GPU or your GPU cant even be installed because those cables are in the way.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018

Current EVGA 30xx series cards (definitely the XC3 but most probably the FTW3 too) are actually type A (opposite), got my 3090 XC3 yesterday. However, you don’t need these if you get any of the XC3 cards, you will need them for the FTW3 since they are wider

Last edited:
Reactions: ClawSS

ClawSS

Chassis Packer
May 23, 2020
Current EVGA 30xx series cards (defini the XC3 but most probably Lao the FTW3) are actually type A (opposite), got my 3090 XC3 yesterday. However, you don’t need these if you get any of the XC3, you will need them for the FTW3 since they are wider
Thanks for that...I hadn't looked, but it is VERY safe to say that for any card needing them, one MUST investigate the orientation and understand the design prior to grabbing connectors.
I know this thread is not really an "all-father" source, but a listing of the connector type would be awesome on the chart when requiring low-profile connections. Maybe.

rationalreturns

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 7, 2020
I have a question regarding the ncase M1 V5. Will the dimensions discussed here apply to V5 as well? I am specifically looking at the Asus TUF 3080.

william_www

Caliper Novice
Oct 7, 2020
I have both the v5 and v6.1 and it should fit just fine (low profile connectors preferably)
Mate, do it need remove the front I/O ports as post 1 said? I am looking for a right fit (need not to remove front I/O) 3080 other than FE and EVGA for my V6 case since they don't ship to me.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I don’t think the TUF allows for the front panel to stay in place, except of course for the power button. Maybe deshrouding it might give you just enough room to squeeze it in

Reactions: Plaklijm

hutzi

Efficiency Noob
Sep 24, 2020
TUF is an easy fit. I didn't even had to remove the front IO in order to install it. There are even youtube videos showing these cards fit into the ncase.
No answer on my strix question though. Has anybody tried already? I know it would be extremly tight ...

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
TUF is an easy fit. I didn't even had to remove the front IO in order to install it. There are even youtube videos showing these cards fit into the ncase.
No answer on my strix question though. Has anybody tried already? I know it would be extremly tight ...
Does anyone even have a Strix yet? I have seen quite a few builds/reviews with several varieties of 3080 and I haven't seen a Strix yet.

william_www

Caliper Novice
Oct 7, 2020
Would you mind to share the youtube videos? I can only find the FE one. I just read the reddit post shared by GB223, seems not that easy to fit tho especially for a beginner like me. ?