NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

3geekfamily

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2020
Thought I would share this. Someone did manage to fit a 3090 FE in the Ncase but they had to notch the frame at the front and the IO won't fit.

Absolutely insane how enormous that card is! If that thread on Reddit did something for me, though, it told me to look at my M.2 temps. As he saw, the M.2 drive installed above my 3090 is definitely warm - probably around 7*C warmer than it was with my 2080 Super. Looks like I might need to figure something out to move that warm air off of the M.2....

Thanks for sharing!

Slixor

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 21, 2020
If you look at this image I found of some EVGA aftermarket 12 pin promo, I don't think it's too crazy to imagine you may be able to reduce the amount the power connector is sticking out from the card to 2-3mm.

I might just buy one, for the good of the SFF community, and report back my findings if it fits in the NCase or not ?

Just an update -

I have my 3090 in hand, now just awaiting EKWB's FE water block! I did some test fitting and can confirm (as seen here) that the NCase can actually fit a 3090 FE if you cut away a small part of the front of the case (see red circle below might be easier to use the other side as reference)

The important thing though is that I tested to see if the side panel could go on with the 12 pin power adapter plugged in. You'll have to believe me because this picture is hard to take and doesn't really show, but I was able to hold the card in the approx. position it should be and the side panel DID go on with the power attached. (the only reason it is hanging off at the top is because I didn't have a free hand to stabilize it.)

So really my take away of this is as follows:

The 3090 FE can fit in the NCase M1 with (stupid) modifications and should realistically never be done.

The 3090 FE with a waterblock such as the one tease by EKWB should fit in the case with the power (barely).

I can't wait to try and will post back here once I complete my build!

?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
what is the maximum width of a GPU water block that can fit in the Ncase if it is shorter than 292mm? I saw the detailed dimension diagram on the first page of this post. The horizontal axis starts at the end of PCI-E x16 connector(where the pins are), so I guess the maximum width of the water block is 141 subtract by the width of the PCIE connector? Then whats the width of the connector?
It's about 13mm.

Reactions: wzhalex

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
this will also be handy for some. As example the people looking to watercool or something else.

Last edited:

PandahNZ

Cable Smoosher
Aug 31, 2019
Hi all, just wondering if you have any idea about which option would be quieter in this case - the EVGA XC3 3080 with two 15mm Noctua fans below it or just the Asus Tuf 3080 OC (with no extra fans). Cheers!

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Hi all, just wondering if you have any idea about which option would be quieter in this case - the EVGA XC3 3080 with two 15mm Noctua fans below it or just the Asus Tuf 3080 OC (with no extra fans). Cheers!
Asus TUF, less fans = less noise. and because the TUF has a bigger heatsink you would get the same effect as the XC3 with fans beneath it. This message might also help(its on another card and a little different setup, but i think the effect still would happen with the XC3):
According to the specs, the MSI Ventus RTX 3080 is about 1.5mm wider than the EVGA FTW3 3090, at 57mm vs 55.55mm (from Reddit, linked below) - so I would say no. You MIGHT be able to wedge them in there, but they'll be so close to the video card, you'll be adding a ton of noise, without doing anything substantially positive for airflow. As for noise - you're too close to the fans on the cards, so you're going to hear wind buffeting. You also might end up either compressing the 15mm fans a bit, pushing their hubs into the case bottom, or pushing into the fan hubs on your card.

Overall, I would say it's not likely to be worth the potential benefits.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Asus TUF, less fans = less noise. and because the TUF has a bigger heatsink you would get the same effect as the XC3 with fans beneath it. This message might also help(its on another card and a little different setup, but i think the effect still would happen with the XC3):

Check out this video, the thermals on the TUF are incredibly good. To me this really looks like the one to get.

Reactions: Plaklijm

PandahNZ

Cable Smoosher
Aug 31, 2019

Cool thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure if it was as straight forward as less fans = less noise since the extra fans might keep the card cooler, so there would be more fans but at lower RPM.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Cool thanks for the reply, I wasn't sure if it was as straight forward as less fans = less noise since the extra fans might keep the card cooler, so there would be more fans but at lower RPM.
Everytime sound dubbles, it adds 3 decibels. So lets say you have all fans locked at 30db. That means you already have 5 fans at 30 db only in the GPU area. Now with the given information instead of 30 dB you'd get around 36 db as sound output. So you can lower your RPM as much as you want, but its more efficient to have 3 fans of your GPU spin a little faster and get at 36 dB. This way your GPU gets wayy more air, so your cooling solution is more potent that way. So with that given, the ASUS TUF is still the best option to fit into the NCase because of the bigger heatsink and just better cooler design. And if you are looking to get even more cooling potential out of your card I would suggest undervolting it. Optimum tech did a video about this very subject, and he got a 2 degree drop in undervolting, so it may not be the best solution for better temps, but you can get a little more cooling out of your card this way.
Hope these links will help a little:
Optimum tech's video about a TUF card in a Ncase
Optimum tech's video about undervolting
Or look a little back on this page and you'll find some deshroud builds, you can also look a bit into that option, but it isnt worth it IMO, for the ventus the temps are just not ideal so you would be better of with the stock TUF, and deshrouding the TUF will involve bending some tabs and maybe damaging and (i think) voiding waranty doing it that way, with the same temps but little more quiet, so maybe its worth it but thats in your hands :)

PandahNZ

Cable Smoosher
Aug 31, 2019
Everytime sound dubbles, it adds 3 decibels. So lets say you have all fans locked at 30db. That means you already have 5 fans at 30 db only in the GPU area. Now with the given information instead of 30 dB you'd get around 36 db as sound output. So you can lower your RPM as much as you want, but its more efficient to have 3 fans of your GPU spin a little faster and get at 36 dB. This way your GPU gets wayy more air, so your cooling solution is more potent that way. So with that given, the ASUS TUF is still the best option to fit into the NCase because of the bigger heatsink and just better cooler design. And if you are looking to get even more cooling potential out of your card I would suggest undervolting it. Optimum tech did a video about this very subject, and he got a 2 degree drop in undervolting, so it may not be the best solution for better temps, but you can get a little more cooling out of your card this way.
Hope these links will help a little:
Optimum tech's video about a TUF card in a Ncase
Optimum tech's video about undervolting
Or look a little back on this page and you'll find some deshroud builds, you can also look a bit into that option, but it isnt worth it IMO, for the ventus the temps are just not ideal so you would be better of with the stock TUF, and deshrouding the TUF will involve bending some tabs and maybe damaging and (i think) voiding waranty doing it that way, with the same temps but little more quiet, so maybe its worth it but thats in your hands :)
Very informative thanks so much!

Reactions: Plaklijm