NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
I ended up buying a GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Gaming OC (GV-N206SGAMING OC-8GC), since the Navi cards are still nearly unusable on Linux — months after the launch. In case anyone's interested, my card's fans do start "revving" when the temperature is hovering around the threshold. I have yet to try setting a custom fan curve, but can tell that putting an intake fan (e.g., an NF-A12x15 PWM) beneath the card does alleviate this issue.

Incidentally, the M1's new side panels definitely help with keeping the video card cooler: when the fans start spinning under load, you can feel streams of hot air leaving the case through the vents at the sides.

kkl888

Chassis Packer
Dec 8, 2019
@Necere, how slim the fan that can fits? 15mm? Or could you share the available height between GPU and the bottom of the case?

I noticed the max it can go is 59mm, according to the image you posted, but I'm not sure if that measurement is included with case fan or not

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere, how slim the fan that can fits? 15mm? Or could you share the available height between GPU and the bottom of the case?

I noticed the max it can go is 59mm, according to the image you posted, but I'm not sure if that measurement is included with case fan or not
There is room for 25mm thick fans under a 2-slot (<42mm) GPU. So 52mm allows for a 15mm fan.

Reactions: kkl888

Qifgt

Case Bender
New User
Nov 9, 2019
So do i need some adapters for rtx 2080 ti rog strix oc ?

Suggest are welcome

Build:

Ncase
Ryzen 3900x
Rtx2080 ti rog strix oc
Corsair sf750 platinum
Crosshair impact or rog strix x570 itx which one better ?
Corsair mp600 1tb m2 ssd
Trident Z Neo 2x16gb ddr4 ,3600mhz cl16 ,16-16-16-36
Kraken x52 v2
Noctua NF-F12 or noctua NF-A12

Can i fit 25mm bottom fans with 2080 ti rog strix ?

Kraken x52 best aio for ncase ?
And is push fresh air in with aio and bottom fans best cooling option ?

Sry my bad english

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
If I have a 45mm THK card like Gigabyte 2070 Super OC, Can I still add a Noctua A12x25mm fan in the bottom?

No. The total vertical space for cards and fans is 67 mm. A 25 mm fan is only possible for cards that are 42 mm thick or less. A 15 mm fan is possible for cards that are less than 52 mm.

jdelacruz

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 9, 2019
No. The total vertical space for cards and fans is 67 mm. A 25 mm fan is only possible for cards that are 42 mm thick or less. A 15 mm fan is possible for cards that are less than 52 mm.
Thank you soo much. I’ll get A12x15 then.

Joejoe317

Chassis Packer
Dec 17, 2019
On that ftw3 pic where you were showing the heights. Can you define the following.
Where is midcard, rear corner, front measured from. If you could draw it up on that ftw3 diagram you posted that would be awesome.

even a side diagram would be good. Currently I see the diagram showing card slot and how big it can be along with length, but nothing on height.
  • Cards over 280mm long:
    • Height: up to 140mm at mid-card, 130mm at rear corner, 125mm at front corner
    • Thickness: up to 2.2 slots (45mm)

Qifgt

Case Bender
New User
Nov 9, 2019
What would be best aio and fan setup for

Rtc 2080 ti Rog strix oc
rog strix x570
Ryzen 3900x
Corsair sf750

Money not issue

TurpoUrpo

Efficiency Noob
Jul 24, 2019
@Necere

I just received my U Turn adapters (8-pin Type-A and 6-pin Type A) from moddiy and can now confirm that Power Color Red Dragon 5700 fits with those without any problems.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
On that ftw3 pic where you were showing the heights. Can you define the following.
Where is midcard, rear corner, front measured from. If you could draw it up on that ftw3 diagram you posted that would be awesome.

even a side diagram would be good. Currently I see the diagram showing card slot and how big it can be along with length, but nothing on height.
  • Cards over 280mm long:
    • Height: up to 140mm at mid-card, 130mm at rear corner, 125mm at front corner
    • Thickness: up to 2.2 slots (45mm)
I've added a diagram showing height restrictions to the first post.

Joejoe317

Chassis Packer
Dec 17, 2019
I've added a diagram showing height restrictions to the first post.
Thanks! Could you tell me the height of the card and the height of the connectors in the example?

I know it’s different, but will at least give me a ball park. I might need to solder the power connectors on the card to have them mounted downward depending.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Thanks! Could you tell me the height of the card and the height of the connectors in the example?

I know it’s different, but will at least give me a ball park. I might need to solder the power connectors on the card to have them mounted downward depending.
The card is reference height, 111mm. The connectors are 10mm for the plastic housing, plus another 7-10mm for the cables.

ramathorn11

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 28, 2019
Wow, can't believe that fit. For the builder: any problems connecting the front io? I guess USB C not connected?

I'm very surprised as well! (I just registered to create this reply, but I promise I will become more engaged and active in the weeks to come :), especially as I start to accumulate parts for my Ncase M1 build -- I think I am going 3950X and 2080ti after watching Optimum Tech's 3950X build. Sold).

What I would like to know is how hot that 2080Ti Strix OC will typically run (1440p gaming) with its 3 fans/larger profile, versus other 2080 tis out there.

I've seen 2-slot 2080tis fit this case with ease, and users will often place two case fans, drawing air from underneath, directly on to the card. I don't expect to be doing any sort of insane overclocking, but I am not prepared to experiment with water cooling at this time, so I am curious what the differences would be between:
  • Option 1: ASUS Strix 2080ti OC (3 fans), huge card (it's a question of how efficient these 3 fans actually are)
  • Option 2: Other 2080ti options, 2 slot cards, w/ room for two 120mm case fans underneath, blowing air directly on to the card
I'd suspect Option 2 is actually going to produce better temps??

Reactions: Femto