NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

killall -q

What's an ITX?
Oct 6, 2019
github.com
ASUS RTX 2070 Strix also fits. It rests on the front I/O cables, but there's no pressure on any part.

PCPartPicker build

belousov

What's an ITX?
Feb 19, 2019
i can confirm that ASUS STRIX 1080 ti can fit into M1 v.6 - you just need to unscrew the front IO block, install GPU and put IO back. very easy, about 2 minutes installation.

Reactions: Qrash

seba

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2019
Do you think you would have managed the installation with slim 15mm fans beneath the GPU?

I am planning a new build but intend to keep my sapphire nitro rx580 and transfer it into this case. Hopefully will be ok! Was intending to put some slim intake fans beneath it to assist with cooling.

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes, there is enough clearance under the gpu to put the 15mm fan.

KiRaH

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2019
Yes, it should fit. The length/thickness limits in the first post are a simplification to make it easier to understand in text. In fact, the true limits follow a stair-step pattern along the profile of the I/O ports:

Is this applicable with the V5?

TheOnlyPan

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
Vega 56 Strix does also fit. (I took off the shroud and fans for 2 Noctua A12x25’s). Installation was very challenging though and you have to get creative.

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Regaridng this card:
SapphirePulse RX 5700 XT25413546.5Recessed power connectorsYes†
I tried to install it in the v6, but it is almost impossible to install. It is mentioned that installation is difficult, but I would like to emphasize how difficult it is.

It is 135mm at the back, and being also rather wide (2.3 slots) it is simply not feasible to get it inserted into the PCIe slot.

As comparison, with the PowerColor Red Dragon (132mm, 2 slot), you could start inserting it angled with its top toward the bottom of the case, and you had enough space to get it inside the PCIe slot rather easily, but this is not possible with this Sapphire: even with its top touching the bottom of the case, its bottom is touching the bottom of the PCIe slot, but you don't have the space to get it to the top of the PCIe slot so that you could slide it in. So there is no way really to get it installed with the motherboard being screwed to the case.

So, not seeing any reasonable way to install it, I ended up returning it. FYI for everyone who is considering this card.

I'm very sad with this.
The Pulse XT seems to be the "to-go" choice regarding 5700 XT, the reviews are great, is silent and cool enough.

Still tempted to try myself, but now I'm worried.

Last edited:

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
I'm very sad with this.
The Pulse XT seems to be the "to-go" choice regarding 5700 XT, the reviews are great, is silent and cool enough.

Still tempted to try myself, but now I'm worried.
Yeah... Looks like the Gaming OC is the only decent option left. On the other hand, the Pulse's radiator fins are parallel to the side panels, which may be suboptimal now.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Waiting for more proper reviews os Asrock challenger and PowerColor (non-devil, dual fan one).
Both of these cards seem to have rather feeble heat sinks, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.
i think the MSI Evoke is a very good card for the ncase and my choice nr. 1. the evoke also has horizontal larmellen and you can also get them quietly.
The EVOKE is nearly as loud as the reference blower, and has undersized VRAM thermal pads. An MSI representative claimed that they are "working on a solution at the factory level to resolve concerns about the thermal pads on the card", but that's a day late and a dollar short.
the evoke also has horizontal larmellen
Which isn't gut.

HotteX

Case Bender
Oct 9, 2019
Both of these cards seem to have rather feeble heat sinks, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

The EVOKE is nearly as loud as the reference blower, and has undersized VRAM thermal pads. An MSI representative claimed that they are "working on a solution at the factory level to resolve concerns about the thermal pads on the card", but that's a day late and a dollar short.

Which isn't gut.

why shouldn't that be good, so about 25% of the heat goes out to the back. like with the blower design.
the pads can't be that bad, at 72°C temp in closed case.
https://www.igorslab.media/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/02-IR-Gaming-Closed-Case-1.png

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
why shouldn't that be good, so about 25% of the heat goes out to the back. like with the blower design.
Indeed, but what about the rest of the heat?
You keep referencing the same article from a single website; I suggest that you read at least a few different reviews instead of jumping to conclusions right away.

FelipoG

Trash Compacter
Jul 23, 2019
Anyone bought the ASUS TUF 5700 XT ? It is 7 euros cheaper where I live (germany).
Couldn't find any good reviews though

ahchiu

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 27, 2019
Another person on the M1 discord says they were able to get the 5700 Pulse to fit, which makes two people on the affirmative side, one on the negative. I'm not sure it's noteworthy that those two are using the regular 5700 Pulse, while the one against was using the 5700 XT Pulse. The cards share the same dimensions and shroud design, with some minor differences in the heatpipe configuration which not affect compatibility. Nevertheless, I'll update the list in accordance to the reports: 5700 Pulse compatible, 5700 XT Pulse not.

I have the Sapphire 5700XT Pulse and was able to get it in and out several times while working on it. I can 100% say it does fit. I do need to shimmy the PCIE lock clip cause it gets caught sometimes. It does not fit with the 25mm fans under as already noted on the chart.