NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

HansWursT619

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2016
Adding GPUs that fit with their shroud and fans removed would probably make the list confusing?
I would love to use one of the thick >50mm cards with Noctua fans.

For this we would need the thickness of the fin stacks including protrusions.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Another largifical one: ASRock Radeon RX 5700 XT Taichi X 8G OC+ (RX5700XT TCX 8GP). 324.35 × 145.39 × 53.18 mm, according to the page, but that likely includes the bracket.
Yeah, I think they're probably including the bracket. If we subtract it we get around 311 x 130 x 53mm, which is still too long for the thickness, though.

@Necere do you think this card fits if I only use the power button front IO?
If I checked correctly, no.
But maybe the expert can give the 100% :)

Apparently is THE card (AMD) to use.
Maybe if the fans/shroud are removed and replaced with bottom 120mm fans. Otherwise, no, it's too thick for the length.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Would the Powercolor Red Dragon 5700 XT, which is 132mm tall, fit if you added low profile pcie connectors? For example, these are 180 degree pcie adapters that only add 7mm to the height, which would give the Red Dragon a total height of 139mm at the pcie power connection.
though with some low profile PCIe power connectors such as these it would probably fit.
Yes please report back, the size its very similar to other tall cards like the pulse, I think that you will need to remove the rubber clip for the side panel, but the card should fit.

Indeed, the PowerColor Red Dragon 5700 XT fits beautifully with the low profile PCIe power connectors.

When you insert the GPU into the PCIe slot, you need to start slightly angled (with the upper side of the GPU angled towards Ncase M1 bottom), but then there are no further issues (with v5, the clip above the GPU must also be removed, but that clip is no longer existent with v6).
There also remains enough distance from the low profile PCIe power connectors, so it won't hit the side panel.

Here are some photos:

Last edited:
Reactions: ps -ef and Qrash

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
What's your opinion on the quality of the low profile power connectors? That's my only concern here.
Seems reasonable. It's a PCB with male and female connectors and conductive tracks between them. Honestly, I would have preferred thicker conductive tracks on the PCB, but I don't think it's an issue.

Here's a close up photo of one of these adapters:

Last edited:

natsumi

Case Bender
Jul 28, 2019
Seems reasonable. It's a PCB with male and female connectors and conductive tracks between them. Honestly, I would have preferred thicker conductive tracks on the PCB, but I don't think it's an issue.

Great to hear that it fits, I wanted this card.

Did you order the Type A or Type B connector? I couldn't tell which one I needed from the site.

Also is there enough clearance at the bottom to include a fan? Noctua 12x25 or 12x15?

Thanks.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Great to hear that it fits, I wanted this card.

Did you order the Type A or Type B connector? I couldn't tell which one I needed from the site.

Also is there enough clearance at the bottom to include a fan? Noctua 12x25 or 12x15?

Thanks.
Actually I ordered them from Amazon, where both types are bundled together (search: "180 degree graphics"). But if you want them from ModDiy, they would be Type-A. Of course you need both 6 pins and 8 pins.

About Fans clearance? The 25 no. The 15 probably yes, but the question is if you can manage to fit it in when installing it.
As mentioned in the previous post, when you install the GPU, you must insert it angled in order to be able to physically get it inside the PCIe slot. So that means you must install the fans after you install the GPU. But I don't really think fans there will contribute too much, as they will be rather close to the card.

Last edited:

natsumi

Case Bender
Jul 28, 2019
Actually I ordered them from Amazon, where both types are bundled together (search: "180 degree graphics"). But if you want them from ModDiy, they would be Type-A. Of course you need both 6 pins and 8 pins.

About Fans clearance? The 25 no. The 15 probably yes, but the question is if you can manage to fit it in when installing it.
As mentioned in the previous post, when you install the GPU, you must insert it angled in order to be able to physically get it inside the PCIe slot. So that means you must install the fans after you install the GPU. But I don't really think fans there will contribute too much, as they will be rather close to the card.

Thanks for the info. Ordered from Amazon.

Just curious, what mobo /cpu are you running and what temps are you getting?

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019

Just curious, what mobo /cpu are you running and what temps are you getting?
Asrock Z390, i7-8700K. when gaming, CPU around 50-55 deg celsius, gpu around 75-80.
But then again this GPU is really not suitable for the V5, as it exhausts hot air from the sides, which are choked in the v5.
Should be better when I get the v6 I assume.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
Asrock Z390, i7-8700K. when gaming, CPU around 50-55 deg celsius, gpu around 75-80.
But then again this GPU is really not suitable for the V5, as it exhausts hot air from the sides, which are choked in the v5.
Should be better when I get the v6 I assume.
75-80 is great for a gpu while gaming, just depends on the % the fan is spinning at to keep it at those temps. Silent fan profile on my strix gives 70-80 deg celcius while barely audible on full gaming load.

osff

Chassis Packer
Aug 22, 2019
So, my 1st SFF case is on the road and I can continue with my build plan. Since I'm using Linux most of the time I prefer the AMD RX5700XT.

Anyway, the custom designs with easy placements (I mean length < 280mm) aren't really quiet as far I've read (even DTP is less than Vega...). I want a quiet build and have no overclocking plans. Also, I have no scruples to remove the shroud of a custom design and prefer use of 25mm fans . As far as I've read here, the Accelero Xtreme III with the Reference card fits exactly with 25mm fans underneath .

How quiet is this setup/modification compared to a deshrouted Sapphiere 5700XT Pulse for example?

Otherwise the rebuild of the reference card with the Accelero Xtreme is not so easy with the RX5700, because 2 memory chips apparently can't be cooled properly, because the applied chip cooling bodies collide with the fins (no URL unfortunately). Are there any experiences from the v5?

Which one of the partners should I choose for the AMD reference card? Which one of the customs to get the custom designs. I want to stay with the front I/O as with USB.

Last edited:

Anders

Chassis Packer
Sep 13, 2019
Hi, I just would like to chime in that the 1080 TI MSI Gaming X (without the fan shroud) fits in the Ncase M1 V6 with literally no room to spare.
The PCB is 140mm tall, but with the V6's refinement, there is no interference from the chassis flange at the rear-left. For the card, the PCIe power connectors are only slightly reccessed, standing around 130mm tall, so I could not use the normal connectors and close the case. Hence I had to use a set of low profile PCIe power connectors with the card, only then could I close the panels.
Because of how tall the PCB is, the top touches the side panel, effectively blocking off airflow to above (to the CPU area). I can now feel two distinct hot air sources, one from the GPU, the other from the CPU.

So for those looking for a new GPU, the very tallest your card should be is 140mm (at the middle and rear corner where it meets the PCIe bracket). if your card's PCIe power connectors is set around 130mm, you would need a set of low profile connectors to power the card and close the case.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
75-80 is great for a gpu while gaming, just depends on the % the fan is spinning at to keep it at those temps. Silent fan profile on my strix gives 70-80 deg celcius while barely audible on full gaming load.
It's spinning about 65-70% in the v5.
The fans are not noisy, but what I do not like is that there is some auditable pulsating air turbulence, perhaps from the fans being so close to each other or maybe because of uneven bottom openings on the v5. I hope situation with that will be better on the V6.

celebwendi

Case Bender
New User
Sep 30, 2019
inaduck.com
The XFX 5700 XT Raw II does fit in my v2 without issue.

Only the very center plastic with the LED is at 140mm and doesn't even touch the side panel. Since the more forward and rear parts of the PCB are set further back there is no conflict with the power connectors or chassis flange.

I may try to pull the fan shroud and run with Noctua exhaust later, as that also looks like it should fit and work well.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
The XFX 5700 XT Raw II does fit in my v2 without issue.

Only the very center plastic with the LED is at 140mm and doesn't even touch the side panel. Since the more forward and rear parts of the PCB are set further back there is no conflict with the power connectors or chassis flange.

I may try to pull the fan shroud and run with Noctua exhaust later, as that also looks like it should fit and work well.
Thanks, updated the list. Hard to tell sometimes from manufacturer pics whether a card will fit or not, so I tend to err on the side of caution.

mohamed.bana

What's an ITX?
Oct 1, 2019
bana.io
AMD

ManufacturerModelLengthHeightThickness (slots)NotesCompatible?
ASUSROG Strix Radeon RX 5700 OC edition30513054No
MSIRadeon RX 5700 XT GAMING X29714058No
SapphireNITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8G30613549Recessed power connectorsNo

Hello, folks,

Do these graphics card fit? If they don't fit, for each graphic card quoted, which dimension(s) are causing it not to fit?

It would be wonderful, if there were pictures of (attempts at) installing these graphic cards into the NCase M1.

Also, thanks a lot for the list, it is very helpful.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hello, folks,

Do these graphics card fit? If they don't fit, for each graphic card quoted, which dimension(s) are causing it not to fit?

It would be wonderful, if there were pictures of (attempts at) installing these graphic cards into the NCase M1.

Also, thanks a lot for the list, it is very helpful.
All three of those cards are over 2.2 slots (45mm) thick, and anything over 280mm long (which all of them are) will conflict with the front I/O ports in the bottom slot. There may be additional reasons as well - for example the MSI leaves no room between it and the side panel for the PCIe power connectors.

Reactions: jdelacruz

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Hi,
Did you order the card? I actually ended up returning the PowerColor Red Dragon 5700XT, because it had a really disturbing inconstant fan noise when the fans were on. I mean, when they were spinning at a given level, you would hear a fluctuating air or bearing noise (unsure what it was, but the fact it was inconstant was very bothersome). It might have been a defect though, so I am wondering what is your experience. I am considering to order it again, but I would like to hear if others are having this issue.