NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Sarpe

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 2, 2019
The XFX 5700 XT Raw II does fit in my v2 without issue.

Only the very center plastic with the LED is at 140mm and doesn't even touch the side panel. Since the more forward and rear parts of the PCB are set further back there is no conflict with the power connectors or chassis flange.

I may try to pull the fan shroud and run with Noctua exhaust later, as that also looks like it should fit and work well.

did you pull the fan shroud yet?
if not, please keep us updated.

thanks

celebwendi

Case Bender
New User
Sep 30, 2019
inaduck.com
I pulled the XFX 5700 XT Raw II apart tonight to try using the Noctua A12x25 fans as bottom exhaust. Short story, it fits and works without the shroud, temps and noise are comparable (with default fan curve) but I was seeing some full stopping and starting in Wolfenstein II that I didn't like and I was leery of pushing it much harder. I suspect the heatsink just doesn't have the volume it needs to be really robust enough for this use case.

Bunch of pictures and comments here to keep this from cluttering things up: NCASE + XFX 5700 XT Raw II

I'd suggest either using it stock, where it's quite decent for a $410 USD card, or step up to something better. For myself, I'm debating putting the stock cooler back on or ordering an Accelero III at this point.

Edit: I ordered the Accelero III and will make the best of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sarpe

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Regaridng this card:
SapphirePulse RX 5700 XT25413546.5Recessed power connectorsYes†
I tried to install it in the v6, but it is almost impossible to install. It is mentioned that installation is difficult, but I would like to emphasize how difficult it is.
It is 135mm at the back, and being also rather wide (2.3 slots) it is simply not feasible to get it inserted into the PCIe slot.

As comparison, with the PowerColor Red Dragon (132mm, 2 slot), you could start inserting it angled with its top toward the bottom of the case, and you had enough space to get it inside the PCIe slot rather easily, but this is not possible with this Sapphire: even with its top touching the bottom of the case, its bottom is touching the bottom of the PCIe slot, but you don't have the space to get it to the top of the PCIe slot so that you could slide it in. So there is no way really to get it installed with the motherboard being screwed to the case.

So, not seeing any reasonable way to install it, I ended up returning it. FYI for everyone who is considering this card.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aluminyum

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Regaridng this card:
I tried to install it in the v6, but it is almost impossible to install. It is mentioned that installation is difficult, but I would like to emphasize how difficult it is.

It is 135mm at the back, and being also rather wide (2.3 slots) it is simply not feasible to get it inserted into the PCIe slot.

As comparison, with the PowerColor Red Dragon (132mm, 2 slot), you could start inserting it angled with its top toward the bottom of the case, and you had enough space to make it fit rather easily, but this is not possible with this Sapphire: even with its top touching the bottom of the case, its bottom is touching the bottom of the PCIe slot, but you don't have the space to get it to the top of the PCIe slot so that you could slide it in. So there is no way really to get it installed with the motherboard being screwed to the case.

So, not seeing any reasonable way to install it, I ended up returning it. FYI for everyone who is considering this card.

Thanks ofr sharing your experience. However, do you think it would have been possible if, you tried the following:
  1. Start with an empty M1 and remove all the side panels and expansion card slot covers for the graphics card. Maybe remove the bottom too for the most access to the interior.
  2. Install the CPU, RAM, and possibly the CPU cooler to the motherboard, outside of the M1.
  3. Install the graphics card into the motherboard, outside of the M1.
  4. Install the graphics card and motherboard combination into the M1.
I know that in the past an owner of a really long graphics card claimed this installation order made it much easier to get the card into the case.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Yes, it probably would have been possible in that combination, but for me having to remove the motherboard in order to remove the GPU, or have to screw the motherboard only after installing the GPU, is more compromise that I'm willing to make to get it installed.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. I've gone ahead and marked it as incompatible.

Last edited:

Sarpe

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 2, 2019
Regaridng this card:

As comparison, with the PowerColor Red Dragon (132mm, 2 slot), you could start inserting it angled with its top toward the bottom of the case, and you had enough space to get it inside the PCIe slot rather easily, but this is not possible with this Sapphire: even with its top touching the bottom of the case, its bottom is touching the bottom of the PCIe slot, but you don't have the space to get it to the top of the PCIe slot so that you could slide it in. So there is no way really to get it installed with the motherboard being screwed to the case.

I am looking for a 5700xt to use without the shroud and 2x 120x25mm fans instead.

The problematic part is the shroud & backplate near the mounting bracket, right?
So, if these are removed, it should fit?

(see picture, top right)

Or can somebody recommend a better card for this use-case?

KiRaH

Cable Smoosher
Sep 25, 2019
Will this fit properly without any modifications?

GigabyteGeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING OC 11G286.5114.550Yes
Kinda Confused?

nles

Efficiency Noob
New User
Oct 1, 2019
Got my Ncase yesterday. Was going to get a pulse, now have to rethink again. Want something that's aesthetically pleasing, as I planned to use the tempered glass panel, there's so limited choice.

rubenjavier

Cable Smoosher
Sep 14, 2019
Regaridng this card:

Thank you so much for this info, was about to buy this card, its a bummer...
I dont know how the owners of the sapphire 580 nitro installed that one, its almost the same size, maybe installing the GPU with the motherboard outside the case as mentioned on this thread... but sounds like too much trouble

seba

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2019

Hi guys. I was able to fit the SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5700 in M1 V6. The side panel do close.
FYI, the motherboard is MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC and PSU is Corsair SF600 Platinum.
But yes, installation was difficult.
For me, the back was not so much a problem thanks to the flexible cables.
I was able to fit the cables and close the panel after some bends of the 8 and 6 pin cables.
It was difficult to insert the front part to the bracket and into the pcie slot because of the card's height.
It is hard to see and you don't have much room in the front part where the edge of the shroud interferes with the frame.
I had already ordered the card so I tried, and it did fit, but it was difficult and a tight fit, so I would not recommend it.

hendo9

Cable Smoosher
Sep 21, 2019

Hi guys. I was able to fit the SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 5700 in M1 V6. The side panel do close.
FYI, the motherboard is MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC and PSU is Corsair SF600 Platinum.
I was able to fit the cables and close the panel after some bends of the 8 and 6 pin cables.
It was difficult to insert the front part to the bracket and into the pcie slot because of the card's height.
It is hard to see and you don't have much room in the front part where the edge of the shroud interferes with the frame.
I had already ordered the card so I tried, and it did fit, but it was difficult and a tight fit, so I would not recommend it.

Do you think you would have managed the installation with slim 15mm fans beneath the GPU?

I am planning a new build but intend to keep my sapphire nitro rx580 and transfer it into this case. Hopefully will be ok! Was intending to put some slim intake fans beneath it to assist with cooling.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Will this fit properly without any modifications?

GigabyteGeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING OC 11G286.5114.550Yes
Kinda Confused?
Yes, it should fit. The length/thickness limits in the first post are a simplification to make it easier to understand in text. In fact, the true limits follow a stair-step pattern along the profile of the I/O ports:

Last edited:

Hoka Hey

Efficiency Noob
Oct 4, 2019
There is a Zotac super mini itx 2070 now available that should fit. Could be killer with a water block. Unfortunately don’t see anyone making a card specific water block. Probably to niche.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Regaridng this card:

Another person on the M1 discord says they were able to get the 5700 Pulse to fit, which makes two people on the affirmative side, one on the negative. I'm not sure it's noteworthy that those two are using the regular 5700 Pulse, while the one against was using the 5700 XT Pulse. The cards share the same dimensions and shroud design, with some minor differences in the heatpipe configuration which not affect compatibility. Nevertheless, I'll update the list in accordance to the reports: 5700 Pulse compatible, 5700 XT Pulse not.

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
I didn not get a 5700 to test, but I assume it is probably the same. However installation is either with applying some force when installing it (probably scratching it during that) or moving the motherboard before (which have been the preferred way but not something I was willing to do).

Sarpe

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 2, 2019
Yes, it should fit. The length/thickness limits in the first post are a simplification to make it easier to understand in text. In fact, the true limits follow a stair-step pattern along the profile of the I/O ports:

thank you

That's a lot easier to understand,
you should edit the first post to accommodate that picture.

Last edited:

Godcomeback

Cable Smoosher
Sep 9, 2019
Hello guys,

Is there anyone try to fit the ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 super in the M1 ?

Thanks alot.

Last edited: