Cable Smoosher
Jul 15, 2019
Reactions: Aluminyum

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Does anyone have idea what recessed power connectors will work with the Sapphire 5700xt pulse?
I guess I need to explain this...

The "recessed power connectors" notes in the list are just there to take note of which cards have recessed the PCIe power connectors - i.e., the power connectors are set back from the top edge:

This makes the PCIe power connectors less of a concern, since otherwise you need to account for an extra 15-20mm in considering how tall the card can be. So for example, for a card that's 135mm tall but has recessed connectors like the Pulse, the power connectors will add little or nothing to the total height, and the total comes in under the 140mm limit. Whereas if they weren't recessed, you'd be limited to around 120-125mm for the card height with standard height PCIe connectors, or 130-135mm with low profile connectors. So the power connectors on the Pulse shouldn't be a concern.

What makes installation of the Pulse questionable is the height of the card at the rear corner (above the PCI bracket flange), since there's a flange at the back edge of the chassis there and you won't have much clearance to maneuver the card in.

Any questions?

Last edited:

Flipping_A_pebble

Chassis Packer
Aug 30, 2019
Hey Necere!

Would the Powercolor Red Dragon 5700 XT, which is 132mm tall, fit if you added low profile pcie connectors? For example, these are 180 degree pcie adapters that only add 7mm to the height, which would give the Red Dragon a total height of 139mm at the pcie power connection.

Would this be a possible solution or am I missing something?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Hey Necere!

Would the Powercolor Red Dragon 5700 XT, which is 132mm tall, fit if you added low profile pcie connectors? For example, these are 180 degree pcie adapters that only add 7mm to the height, which would give the Red Dragon a total height of 139mm at the pcie power connection.

Would this be a possible solution or am I missing something?
Yes, in principal. The only other caveat with that card is the height at the rear corner, which again, could make installation a little difficult.

rubenjavier

Cable Smoosher
Sep 14, 2019
I guess I need to explain this...

The "recessed power connectors" notes in the list are just there to take note of which cards have recessed the PCIe power connectors - i.e., the power connectors are set back from the top edge:

This makes the PCIe power connectors less of a concern, since otherwise you need to account for an extra 15-20mm in considering how tall the card can be. So for example, for a card that's 135mm tall but has recessed connectors like the Pulse, the power connectors will add little or nothing to the total height, and the total comes in under the 140mm limit. Whereas if they weren't recessed, you'd be limited to around 120-125mm for the card height with standard height PCIe connectors, or 130-135mm with low profile connectors. So the power connectors on the Pulse shouldn't be a concern.

What makes installation of the Pulse questionable is the height of the card at the rear corner (above the PCI bracket flange), since there's a flange at the back edge of the chassis there and you won't have much clearance to maneuver the card in.

Any questions?

I (and I think many here) would really be grateful if someone could confirm that even if its hard to install, the RX 5700 XT (and no XT, same size) Sapphire Pulse can actually be installed without removing or modding the fan shroud.
The Gigabyte one its my second choice, but if there is a chance of using the Sapphire Pulse, I would prefer it

Thanks in advance

rubenjavier

Cable Smoosher
Sep 14, 2019
@Necere

The Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse is exactly as tall as the Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ and according to this reddit thread and this images, it should fit:

Apparently this was with an Ncase v5 or v3 (like mine) and the rubber clip on the back that holds the side panel at the card height needed to be removed, in v6 is my understanding that this rubber doesn't exist.

integer

Trash Compacter
Aug 29, 2019
anyone care to venture the best 2080ti card for the M1 is? best in this case would be one that keeps cool and low noise. Don't need overclocking, but undervolting/underclocking could be good

Reactions: kizen

asava

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
Actually this seems to me like one of the better 5700 XT cards for the v6 (if you are willing to consider the adapters), as besides having a thin (2slot) cooler and big fans, it also has vertical heatsink fins, thus will exhaust the hot air from the sides, which are now perforated with the v6.
I actually ordered that card and the 180 degree adapters, should probably receive them early next week, and will report if you want (I can test on the v5 which I have, as obviously I don't have the v6 yet)

Reactions: rfarmer

rubenjavier

Cable Smoosher
Sep 14, 2019
Actually this seems to me like one of the better 5700 XT cards for the v6 (if you are willing to consider the adapters), as besides having a thin (2slot) cooler and big fans, it also has vertical heatsink fins, thus will exhaust the hot air from the sides, which are now perforated with the v6.
I actually ordered that card and the 180 degree adapters, should probably receive them early next week, and will report if you want (I can test on the v5 which I have, as obviously I don't have the v6 yet)

Yes please report back, the size its very similar to other tall cards like the pulse, I think that you will need to remove the rubber clip for the side panel, but the card should fit.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
@Necere

The Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse is exactly as tall as the Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ and according to this reddit thread and this images, it should fit:

Apparently this was with an Ncase v5 or v3 (like mine) and the rubber clip on the back that holds the side panel at the card height needed to be removed, in v6 is my understanding that this rubber doesn't exist.
That's correct, the plastic clip at the rear corner has been removed for V6.

jdlim07

Chassis Packer
Sep 16, 2019
Totally new to this and ordered ncase m1 v6 last week I also have a gigabyte gaming oc 2070super it says it should fit but need to remove the front io ports what is the front io port? Is that where the usb3.0 is at the case, also will noctua a12x25 fans fit below the gpu?

k-rad

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 26, 2019
What is the max width of GPU card that will allow you to still install bottom exhaust/intake fans?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Totally new to this and ordered ncase m1 v6 last week I also have a gigabyte gaming oc 2070super it says it should fit but need to remove the front io ports what is the front io port? Is that where the usb3.0 is at the case, also will noctua a12x25 fans fit below the gpu?
Front I/O means the front USB and audio ports. The ports can be removed, leaving the bracket with only the power button. V6 includes a second faceplate for the I/O bracket that only has the hole for the power button so it doesn't leave any openings for the front ports once they've been removed.

What is the max width of GPU card that will allow you to still install bottom exhaust/intake fans?
Two slots (<42mm) for 25mm thick fans, 2.5 slots (<52mm) for 15mm thick fans.

jdlim07

Chassis Packer
Sep 16, 2019
Thanks for the response! Im glad i should at least be able to put the 15mm ones below the gpu but do i even need it with i9700k z90i aorus pro wifi and no plans of overclocking