NCASE M1 V6 GPU Compatibility List

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
How about Gigabyte RTX 2070 SUPER™ WINDFORCE OC 8G is this card ok with dimensions?

According to the Gigabyte website for this graphics card its dimensions are "L=280.35 W=116.45 H=40.24 mm". Not too long, not to wide (tall?), and only 2 slots thick so there will still be room underneath for 25 mm thick fans. Looks like a fit to me.

Reactions: rfarmer

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
Reactions: GerryMz

ken_g

Efficiency Noob
Jul 23, 2019
Please let my Zotac 2080 Ti AMP be in the 'difficult to fit' category ?

... hoping that my cut down PCIE connectors (so the cables bend/sit flatter) and thinner gauge wire ... make all the difference. The cables pretty much come up 90° from the connector?

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Please let my Zotac 2080 Ti AMP be in the 'difficult to fit' category

... hoping that my cut down PCIE connectors (so the cables bend/sit flatter) and thinner gauge wire ... make all the difference. The cables pretty much come up 90° from the connector

From the Zotac website for this card: dimensions = 308mm x 113mm x 57mm . So the height (or width) of 113 mm is well below the 140 mm limit for a 2 slot card (< 45 mm thick). However, this card is nearly 3 full slots thick. On the SFFLab M1 website the graphics card compatibility section states:

Cards over 2.2 slots (45mm):
  • Length: 280mm (with front I/O ports), 290mm (with front I/O ports removed).
  • Height: 130mm, 125mm at front corner (if over 280mm long)

ken_g

Efficiency Noob
Jul 23, 2019
From the Zotac website for this card: dimensions = 308mm x 113mm x 57mm . So the height (or width) of 113 mm is well below the 140 mm limit for a 2 slot card (< 45 mm thick). However, this card is nearly 3 full slots thick. On the SFFLab M1 website the graphics card compatibility section states:

Cards over 2.2 slots (45mm):
  • Length: 280mm (with front I/O ports), 290mm (with front I/O ports removed).
  • Height: 130mm, 125mm at front corner (if over 280mm long)
Thanks ... but ... it's actually the AMP MAXX ... my bad ?

So ... 298mm x 133mm x 42mm (11.73in x 5.24in x 1.65in) ... not much room to play with ... if any?

Edit: Needed the custom PBC ... because there's no way to ship the the GPU out of here (have tried before) ... and there may be a Zotac warranty centre around here (haven't confirmed). It was take a chance on not needing an RMA ... or have to use the case without the side panel (or 'modify' the side panel?) ...no filter/case/fan (pressure) combo keeps the dust out over here, anyway?‍♂️

Last edited:

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Thanks ... but ... it's actually the AMP MAXX ... my bad

So ... 298mm x 133mm x 42mm (11.73in x 5.24in x 1.65in) ... not much room to play with ... if any

Edit: Needed the custom PBC ... because there's no way to ship the the GPU out of here (have tried before) ... and there may be a Zotac warranty centre around here (haven't confirmed). It was take a chance on not needing an RMA ... or have to use the case without the side panel (or 'modify' the side panel) ...no filter/case/fan (pressure) combo keeps the dust out over here, anyway

Ah, for that model the modified PCI-E cable connector will be needed. The other dimensions of the AMP MAXX are well within the M1 limits for a 2 slot card, though it may be difficult to install a card that long.

I remember an Asus Strix 1080 Ti owner who had trouble installing his graphics card because of its length and he came up with a solution that I don't think too many others used. His solution was to insert the graphics card into the motherboard first, before installing the motherboard into the M1. The assembly order in an M1 can be tricky, but this person stated that this strategy made it much easier to get such a long graphics card into the case. I would imagine that connecting any fans or other cables along the same edge of the motherboard as the graphics card would more difficult than usual, but maybe you install those too before placing the motherboard into the case. Good luck!

Reactions: ken_g

Moondragon

Cable Smoosher
Jul 15, 2019
Both the GAMING and the GAMING X should be 297 × 140 × 58 mm. See also TechPowerUp's findings.

I could be wrong but it seems like they include both the PCIe bracket (lengthwise) and the backplate into their measurements which shouldn't be relevant for the case restraints. The 140 mm height could still work in regard to the power connectors as they are slightly recessed in relation to the cooler (would need 90° / 180° adapter, though). I can't say anything about the “130mm at rear corner” restriction since I don't own an M1 yet.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
I could be wrong but it seems like they include both the PCIe bracket (lengthwise) and the backplate into their measurements which shouldn't be relevant for the case restraints.
See this image from a review by Guru3D: https://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=54282
The 140 mm height could still work in regard to the power connectors as they are slightly recessed in relation to the cooler (would need 90° / 180° adapter, though). I can't say anything about the “130mm at rear corner” restriction since I don't own an M1 yet.
As far as I understand, the height limit refers to a card that's already connected to the mainboard, which would mean that some extra room is required to install it in the first place.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Added the MSI Gaming 5700/XTs. They do not fit because they are all of the following: 1) too tall without recessed power connectors; 2) too tall at the corners; 3) too thick for the length.

Reactions: GerryMz

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah... I wish there were a slightly wider version of the M1 that could fit the NH-U12A and, consequently, taller video cards.

I wonder if that makes me an SFF heretic...
That'd push the width from 160 to 190mm - I'd consider that more than "slightly" wider... I don't think you'd like the proportions at that width, either.
Also pushes it up to ~15L from 12.7L.

Aluminyum

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 3, 2019
That'd push the width from 160 to 190mm - I'd consider that more than "slightly" wider... I don't think you'd like the proportions at that width, either.
Also pushes it up to ~15L from 12.7L.
"M1, Horizontally Challenged Edition"? :p

Jokes aside, I see your point. The thing is that I ordered a V6 back in July; I was willing to put up with the NH-U9S, but now it turns out that most of the quieter 5700 XT models are too large to fit, so I'm feeling somewhat... conflicted.

Last edited:

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019
Added the MSI Gaming 5700/XTs. They do not fit because they are all of the following: 1) too tall without recessed power connectors; 2) too tall at the corners; 3) too thick for the length.
Anyway that it could fit ? With any modifications or 90 degree power connectors ?

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Anyway that it could fit ? With any modifications or 90 degree power connectors ?
Not likely. Even if you stripped it all the way down to the PCB, it would be too tall (wide) for the case.

ken_g

Efficiency Noob
Jul 23, 2019
Ah, for that model the modified PCI-E cable connector will be needed. The other dimensions of the AMP MAXX are well within the M1 limits for a 2 slot card, though it may be difficult to install a card that long.

I remember an Asus Strix 1080 Ti owner...

Thanks for the tips?

... am going to need battle plans ready for this build ... adds an extra layer of excitement to my first SFF build ... fingers are crossed?