More G-unique BTO PSUs are now available(direct order)

28th Nov 2018,announeced Gunique U0 experience suite price:

400watts set 199USD

500watts set 229USD

price include:

complete psu set(ultimate modded brick,1x 1.8M 10awg dc cable,1x archdaemon limited internal psu,1x MB tray,1x riser card ,1x cpu 8pin cable,1x pcie 8pin cable),1x case/enclousre,shipping to usa(other country+10usd),

upgrade option:
2nd pcie 8pin cable+4.99usd,
8awg dc cable+sleeving in black +9.99usd,
2x2.5 disk bay and 2x12cm sata cable 24.99usd

this month's order will ship in next month

order method:
  1. PM me @guryhwa or send me an email 9842677@qq.com ,or join our discord group telling the hardware configuration and case model,and what kind of basic unit you like to use,the detail cable requirement,what power of adaptor,etc,anything would help me to built to your order.also your shipping address to check the shipping rate for you(mostly via sf-express);
  2. if everything is confirmed,I will send you an invoice via paypal,after you paid it,you order will be arranged asap ,usually it will take about 5-7 days to ship.

all G-unique PSUs are handmake/handcraft of Gury,who is running a one person SMPS workshop.

prices of parts and custom options:
Base unit (12V-in type,no cables)
  • TYPE C,code name Arch Deamon,$49.99,suitable for 120watts-500watts
  • PCB height 27mm
  • Main componets introduce:21 pcs KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,2 pcs WE 1090 Inductors ,TI NexFet powerblock,2 toshiba P-mos for 12V loadswitch(4mR Rdson) ,1 infineon mos for 5V load switch;
Arch Deamon can be upgraded ($24.99)to limited edition by add an additional TaCap armor with 28 KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,which make total 49 pcs T520 polymer tantalum !

• to be continued
cables and connectors:
all cables can be customized and soldered to the basic unit,so it is reliable , killed the loss of connector,withstand for large current.

• Default cables set:
    • [20cm CPU 4+4pin cable,(20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [30cm+15cm sata*2 cables (20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [DC input cable with 5.5*2.5 DCjack,30cm 16awg black or white Silicone Wire] +$4.99
    • Custom Cables Length & Connectors (change length,add PCIE 6+2,CPU 8pin,SATA,4pin peripherals)+$4.99 for each set;(t the PCIE cable are soldered to a tiny load-switch behind the dc-jack pcb which is sync. with the basic unit,so count the PCIE cable 's length from dc-jack

• Custom DC Jack +$9.99 ,Dell dedicated 8pin:

• Custom DC Jack 7.4*5.0,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99:,
    • Custom DC Jack 4pin Din,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99
    • Custom DC Jack :GX-16,GX-12 aviation plug,S4 mini DC-jack with 14AWG DC cable ,+$19.99
Power adaptor
  • Power adaptor
    • 300w $59.99 STD version (12V25A,Modded Delta OEM,DELL brick,100-240Vac input,original plastic case and 8pin dc cable :3 pairs of 16awgs +1pair 26awg DC output wire)
    • Ultimate version 400watts $89.99(12V>=34A),450watts $99.99(12V>=38A)Fix and Mod for high temp operation and high reliability,main unit's effiency higher than 80plus platinum,220Vac in,half load )
    • All Ultimate dell brick's dimension is 20cm*9.4cm*3.9cm ALuminun case DC cable of 1 pair of 10awg silicone wire XT90 dcjack(45 amper rated,90 amper peak),500watts brick with 1 pair of 8awg silicone wire,500watts brick is installed dual 3.5cm ultra silent panasonic fans(with temp controlled RPM),other fans mod is an option of 19.99USD
    • secondary spare brick will get a 20% discount.
    • Higher power brick/internal psu can be customized
    • pls prepare a C14 ac cord cable yourself~
    • every dell Brick are modded to increase its efficieny,enhanced its internal heat spreading rate,every modded brick have over-current-protection,short-circuit-protection,over-voltage-protection,over-temp-protection.and they have their own safety certification required by DELL.
warranty:
any basic unit:3 years ,return and repair;anybrick 1 years,return and replace;user pays return shipping
build samples:
1,Arch DEaMon 120watts set with Default cables,Dcjack is 5.5*2.5 type:

2,typc A basic unit 400 watts set,with one 6+2 pin PCI-E connector,4+4pin CPU connector,and 2 sata connectors.input 8 pin(2 M3 screws)DC jack.the PCI-E cable is soldered on the Load switch PCB(On/Off synced. with basic unit) right behind the DC jack,and it ismuch safer than other pcie direct connected to VGA method,for the house-keeping supervisory ship on basic unit will monitor the input voltage,if trigger an OVP,it will shut down the PCIE power:

3,ArchDEaMON limited edition(No1) 400watts set ,Dell dedicated 8pin DC-jack with C14 BRK:

4,VX set for PCfi CAS,5.5*2.5 DCjack ,linear regulator in.so you can compare Gunique PSU with other band's PICO things.by constomized directly soldered cable,Gunique saved lot of precious and limited space on the basic unit,and offer you more and more components like capacitors ,mosfets etc. to increase performance(not by those big,cheap connectors).
and cause it is 12V-in type PSU,it generates little heat that it dont need any heatsink to cover.

5,Arch Deamon limited edition (No2)+ultimate version Modded brick ,dual pci-e 6+2pin VGA cable witn one changable,this set can run i7+1080ti or titan pascal:

to be continued

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I work in medical. We're more worried of leakage, proper grounding, proper insulation (electrical and physical), fail safes, so on than voltage.

Usually the high voltage warnings implies high voltage and current.

Reactions: AleksandarK
Mar 6, 2017
Even 12V can be deadly with enough current and in the right place. But even on a 48V power supply, it's kinda hard to touch it wrong. To my understanding, you'd have to touch the positive with one hand and negative with the other, while the power supply is on.

We're getting a bit off topic, should we move to another thread?

Reactions: AleksandarK

fatface

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Sep 7, 2017
I've order a the new Skyreach 4 mini case and I'm thinking of getting one of these as my brick keeps on resetting whilst gaming on my current build.

Zotac 1080 mini
Intel i5 6600k
HDPLEX 400w
Dell 330w brick

I'm just wondering what type of connector would be suitable for the Skyreach 4 mini?

Thanks

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 11, 2017
I've order a the new Skyreach 4 mini case and I'm thinking of getting one of these as my brick keeps on resetting whilst gaming on my current build.

Zotac 1080 mini
Intel i5 6600k
HDPLEX 400w
Dell 330w brick

I'm just wondering what type of connector would be suitable for the Skyreach 4 mini?

Thanks

Your 330w brick might be struggling. Guryhwa mods his Dell bricks (they are about $60-$90) to work much better. Check out his discord if you have questions!

Al Hoff

Average Stuffer
Feb 25, 2017
My VX base and Ultimate Brick for my s4 mini classic are still going strong and awesome! The brick handles my i7 and 1080ti like a champ, even when drawing close to 500W from the wall. I already own a second ultimate brick with some _cool_ modifications I use when I am mobile with my s4 classic. BUT now that I see the Modivio xCase is here I am buying a second base unit for a second SFF build. Gury makes some great quality gear and I am a serial repeat customer he can't get out of his discord. XD

dumplestilskin

Cable Smoosher
Jan 20, 2018
I am interested in a DC-ATX and power brick capable of powering a 8700K and 1080TI for my upcoming Louqe build. Could you please let me know the availability of such a combo? Thank you.

Reactions: Beardedswede

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
It will be good solution for my 350W AC/DC 12V internal adapter for my case design.
How much current the load switch can carry? it look so small to carry 300-400 W at 12V.

Last edited:

kms108

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2018
Let say I'm considering the 400W LE edition one, and after my purchase, and I decide I want to add another Sata connector or may be two on another cable, will there be enough room for myself to self solder the extra cable which consist of 4 wires, my soldering is the best, but I can say I do know how to do a decent job.

Can anyone show a clear photo of the soldering cable joint area, thanks.

Reactions: Beardedswede

jrbrianhogan

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 5, 2018
Hi guryhwa!
I'm Brian from Singapore.

I would like to order 1 unit of G-Unique PSU, Type D, Codename VX.
I will use it to power a GTX 1070 so I would need it to have PCIE cable (6+2pin) and Sata power cable as well.
I don't need a power brick because I already have one.
As for the DC input jack, I need it to fit the original Dell 330W AC power adapter (model number DA330PM111) because that is the AC power adapter that I have and will use for my PC build.

Shipping is to Singapore.

Kindly provide me a quotation of price.
Thanks.

Last edited:

jrbrianhogan

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 5, 2018
Hi guryhwa!

I will use it to power a GTX 1070 so I would need it to have PCIE cable (6+2pin) and Sata power cable as well.
As for the DC input jack, I need it to fit the original Dell 330W AC power adapter (model number DA330PM111) because that is the AC power adapter that I have and will use for my PC build.

Thanks.

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
Hi guryhwa!

Thanks.
The Dell 330W is a 19V brick. That means it is not compatible with gurys 12V base units.
You either need to buy a different AC-DC solution that outputs 12VDC or use a wide input range DC-DC solution like HDPlex or Dynamo.

Reactions: cmyk78 and Elerek

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
To piggy back off what @blubblob is saying, Gury mods his bricks so they can output higher wattages and will work with his PSUs. Also, I don't think he uses these forums much anymore, you'd be better off trying to get in contact with him over discord on his server.

jrbrianhogan

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 5, 2018
The Dell 330W is a 19V brick. That means it is not compatible with gurys 12V base units.
You either need to buy a different AC-DC solution that outputs 12VDC or use a wide input range DC-DC solution like HDPlex or Dynamo.
Thanks for highlighting that. I totally mislooked it.
Gury never replied my PM regarding my request for purchase. Seems like he is not much around here anymore.