More G-unique BTO PSUs are now available(direct order)

28th Nov 2018,announeced Gunique U0 experience suite price:

400watts set 199USD

500watts set 229USD

price include:

complete psu set(ultimate modded brick,1x 1.8M 10awg dc cable,1x archdaemon limited internal psu,1x MB tray,1x riser card ,1x cpu 8pin cable,1x pcie 8pin cable),1x case/enclousre,shipping to usa(other country+10usd),

upgrade option:
2nd pcie 8pin cable+4.99usd,
8awg dc cable+sleeving in black +9.99usd,
2x2.5 disk bay and 2x12cm sata cable 24.99usd

this month's order will ship in next month

order method:
  1. PM me @guryhwa or send me an email 9842677@qq.com ,or join our discord group telling the hardware configuration and case model,and what kind of basic unit you like to use,the detail cable requirement,what power of adaptor,etc,anything would help me to built to your order.also your shipping address to check the shipping rate for you(mostly via sf-express);
  2. if everything is confirmed,I will send you an invoice via paypal,after you paid it,you order will be arranged asap ,usually it will take about 5-7 days to ship.

all G-unique PSUs are handmake/handcraft of Gury,who is running a one person SMPS workshop.

prices of parts and custom options:
Base unit (12V-in type,no cables)
  • TYPE C,code name Arch Deamon,$49.99,suitable for 120watts-500watts
  • PCB height 27mm
  • Main componets introduce:21 pcs KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,2 pcs WE 1090 Inductors ,TI NexFet powerblock,2 toshiba P-mos for 12V loadswitch(4mR Rdson) ,1 infineon mos for 5V load switch;
Arch Deamon can be upgraded ($24.99)to limited edition by add an additional TaCap armor with 28 KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,which make total 49 pcs T520 polymer tantalum !

• to be continued
cables and connectors:
all cables can be customized and soldered to the basic unit,so it is reliable , killed the loss of connector,withstand for large current.

• Default cables set:
    • [20cm CPU 4+4pin cable,(20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [30cm+15cm sata*2 cables (20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [DC input cable with 5.5*2.5 DCjack,30cm 16awg black or white Silicone Wire] +$4.99
    • Custom Cables Length & Connectors (change length,add PCIE 6+2,CPU 8pin,SATA,4pin peripherals)+$4.99 for each set;(t the PCIE cable are soldered to a tiny load-switch behind the dc-jack pcb which is sync. with the basic unit,so count the PCIE cable 's length from dc-jack

• Custom DC Jack +$9.99 ,Dell dedicated 8pin:

• Custom DC Jack 7.4*5.0,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99:,
    • Custom DC Jack 4pin Din,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99
    • Custom DC Jack :GX-16,GX-12 aviation plug,S4 mini DC-jack with 14AWG DC cable ,+$19.99
Power adaptor
  • Power adaptor
    • 300w $59.99 STD version (12V25A,Modded Delta OEM,DELL brick,100-240Vac input,original plastic case and 8pin dc cable :3 pairs of 16awgs +1pair 26awg DC output wire)
    • Ultimate version 400watts $89.99(12V>=34A),450watts $99.99(12V>=38A)Fix and Mod for high temp operation and high reliability,main unit's effiency higher than 80plus platinum,220Vac in,half load )
    • All Ultimate dell brick's dimension is 20cm*9.4cm*3.9cm ALuminun case DC cable of 1 pair of 10awg silicone wire XT90 dcjack(45 amper rated,90 amper peak),500watts brick with 1 pair of 8awg silicone wire,500watts brick is installed dual 3.5cm ultra silent panasonic fans(with temp controlled RPM),other fans mod is an option of 19.99USD
    • secondary spare brick will get a 20% discount.
    • Higher power brick/internal psu can be customized
    • pls prepare a C14 ac cord cable yourself~
    • every dell Brick are modded to increase its efficieny,enhanced its internal heat spreading rate,every modded brick have over-current-protection,short-circuit-protection,over-voltage-protection,over-temp-protection.and they have their own safety certification required by DELL.
warranty:
any basic unit:3 years ,return and repair;anybrick 1 years,return and replace;user pays return shipping
build samples:
1,Arch DEaMon 120watts set with Default cables,Dcjack is 5.5*2.5 type:

2,typc A basic unit 400 watts set,with one 6+2 pin PCI-E connector,4+4pin CPU connector,and 2 sata connectors.input 8 pin(2 M3 screws)DC jack.the PCI-E cable is soldered on the Load switch PCB(On/Off synced. with basic unit) right behind the DC jack,and it ismuch safer than other pcie direct connected to VGA method,for the house-keeping supervisory ship on basic unit will monitor the input voltage,if trigger an OVP,it will shut down the PCIE power:

3,ArchDEaMON limited edition(No1) 400watts set ,Dell dedicated 8pin DC-jack with C14 BRK:

4,VX set for PCfi CAS,5.5*2.5 DCjack ,linear regulator in.so you can compare Gunique PSU with other band's PICO things.by constomized directly soldered cable,Gunique saved lot of precious and limited space on the basic unit,and offer you more and more components like capacitors ,mosfets etc. to increase performance(not by those big,cheap connectors).
and cause it is 12V-in type PSU,it generates little heat that it dont need any heatsink to cover.

5,Arch Deamon limited edition (No2)+ultimate version Modded brick ,dual pci-e 6+2pin VGA cable witn one changable,this set can run i7+1080ti or titan pascal:

to be continued

Last edited:

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
That's pretty shitty customer service, though; making a thread about ordering his products then abandoning it with little to no word (yeah shit happens, but at least update OP to reflect the change).

Or maybe I'm just mad I haven't received the goods and/or services I paid for a year ago and got ignored by gury while he was still posting here talking about th projects he was working on.

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
That's pretty shitty customer service, though; making a thread about ordering his products then abandoning it with little to no word (yeah shit happens, but at least update OP to reflect the change).

Or maybe I'm just mad I haven't received the goods and/or services I paid for a year ago and got ignored by gury while he was still posting here talking about th projects he was working on.

you are not ignored by me,i know you were ordered via brian ,i feel sorry for the purchasing agent mode bring you in trouble,i am pretty sure i had finished all the orders brian passed to me,shipped to the loacation he assigned,but it was brian who deal with the international shipping,and i had no idea of who placed the order,whether the real buyer received the psu or not. if you still not received the psu,brian told me that you could start a complain in paypal.
to aviod the trouble or misunderstanding,i only accept direct order-direct ship from april 2017

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 11, 2017
Could anyone share how long the lead time is for recent orders (or any from last month)?

I'd say a few days to get in contact with him on his Discord. Then it's usually up to a month or so (sometimes less from what I've heard) before being shipped out. Shipping is usually about a week or so.

I ordered mine a few weeks before the Chinese New Year so that delayed mine, but I got it after about a month and a half.

Reactions: izrek

izrek

Cable Smoosher
Feb 23, 2018
I'd say a few days to get in contact with him on his Discord. Then it's usually up to a month or so (sometimes less from what I've heard) before being shipped out. Shipping is usually about a week or so.

I ordered mine a few weeks before the Chinese New Year so that delayed mine, but I got it after about a month and a half.

Wow, that was quite fast considering that it still got delayed by the CNY. A month for a build to order unit doesn't sound too bad, hopefully this time around it will be a bit quicker. Cheers mate!

Reactions: BrotherStein

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 11, 2017
Wow, that was quite fast considering that it still got delayed by the CNY. A month for a build to order unit doesn't sound too bad, hopefully this time around it will be a bit quicker. Cheers mate!

Yeah the dude is a monster. He cranks them out super quick. I hate that we live in a society where we need everything right this minute. This type of unit is worth it though; one of a kind. Cheers!

Reactions: VegetableStu

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
Communicated in there too. Trying to find out if Gury can build power supply components for a brickless CustomMod Mini Slim.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Trying to find out if Gury can build power supply components for a brickless CustomMod Mini Slim.

since sergiiua already posted photos of them, & i already own these, the answer is yes.

what you're really looking for is instructions, on where to place the power supply.

Last edited:

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
Anyone know if Archdaemon 300watt molex cable can supply 75watt? I intend to splice it to a 6 pin Pcie connector, the GPU is quite frugal and is rated 75W ( a 960 Geforce GTX 2 GB, EVGA) and I will not be doing any gaming or heavy rendering etc.

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
Anyone know if Archdaemon 300watt molex cable can supply 75watt? I intend to splice it to a 6 pin Pcie connector, the GPU is quite frugal and is rated 75W ( a 960 Geforce GTX 2 GB, EVGA) and I will not be doing any gaming or heavy rendering etc.
What do you mean by "molex cable"? Most Archdaemons don't have what is considered a molex connector in the PC space.
If you are talking about a sata power connector: those only have a single 12V line, and are usually pretty thin wires on the G-Unique units. I would advice against trying to power a 960 through one of those.

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
I am fully aware of my set up I specified it... 2x sata and 1 x Molex.All I m asking is if the molex line is good for 75 watts. I know the Sata current is much lower and would not even consider using such.........I tried to be clear, but you managed to read things into it that were not there.
The GPU is an EVGA GTX single fan type and initial draw is only 75 watt. I beleive Molex connectors are good for that amount so assume cable is also... Just want clarification either way.

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 11, 2017
I am fully aware of my set up I specified it... 2x sata and 1 x Molex.All I m asking is if the molex line is good for 75 watts. I know the Sata current is much lower and would not even consider using such.........I tried to be clear, but you managed to read things into it that were not there.
The GPU is an EVGA GTX single fan type and initial draw is only 75 watt. I beleive Molex connectors are good for that amount so assume cable is also... Just want clarification either way.

That would be a question for the maker on his discord. I haven't seen too many orders come through requesting molex cables, but I'm sure it can be done. I'm pretty sure he could also solder a 6 pin pci-e cable from the Archdaemon as well.

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
So you asked Gury for a custom cable solution. How is anyone of us to know how it looks like to even make an educated guess? There are considerable variants even in the standardized connectors (like the 8-pin EPS) in Gurys builds.

If the "molex connector" (which is not a connector produced my molex, that's why I was asking for specifically what you meant by "molex cable"...) Gury connected to your unit uses the same 4 thin 20AWG wires as the sata power connectors there is no way in hell I would power a GPU from it. It's only a single 12V line, like the sata connector. In addition "molex connectors" are known to malfunction.
The 11A/pin max. rating you can find all over the internet is laughable (Even with a perfectly seated connector the connection point would likely be in the 60-70°C temperature range!).

Reactions: InfernoZeus

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
Blub.....
What on earth are you whittering about?.........It is not a custom cable set, it is standard set plus a molex. ...Gury has made me 2 different units, one a 120watt basic unit and the 2nd an Archdaemon limited edition, 300 watt , standard cable set plus one molex because I had a couple of case fans that used molex......Gury did not ask what the intended purpose of the molex was nor did I ask what its capabilities might be. It is just a molex.. as still on every other Pico and Pico style unit out there.......
Neither of the 2 G-unique units had a Pcie connector bcause all ran was APUs, so not needed.
Now I want to run a low powered GPU...........So rather than an untidy Molex to Pcie adaptor, I would rather splice.....
Thats all.

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
It seems like you are just not interested in accurate information, so please just adapt the single molex connector to a 6-pin PCIe.
You seem to be dead set on doing it already, so why even ask the question?
I wish you the best of luck!

It really does not seem like a difficult to grasp concept that the power you can push through something depends on how exactly that something is build. That is especially true if we are talking about custom solutions in situations they were not intended to be used. (Every unit Gury makes is custom. Adding something to a standard set not making it custom is an even more ridiculous notion... and he is under no obligation to abide by any industry standards. So he might skirt the line of what is expected to work with "connector x" from a spec sheet knowing that in the use case "PC" the expectations towards the connector will the considerably lower.)

What you believe to be "being clear" is just incomplete information.
That starts with you talking about "splicing a molex cable" - to get to a 6-pin PCIe plug you obviously have to splice the single 12V line that goes to a molex cable into two/three. That can be done by either creating an adapter you plug into the molex connector or by cutting of the molex connector and just reusing the cables going to it or a number of other different ways that all affect the outcome of your initial question.
The second seems to be what you intend to do? (which only becomes somewhat clear now, after three posts...)
If it is what you intend to do that removes at least one obstacle: the probably not industry specc molex connector Gury is using (random plastic instead of high temperature nylon), but leaves the question what kind of cable Gury used to get to that Molex connector.

If the cable is the same thin silver wire Gury uses on the sata connectors I have to question why you are asking if the cable that is connected to the molex would work while on the other hand being sure the cable connected to a sata connector would clearly not be able to handle the load? If Gury used a different cable type you need to tell us.
Under the assumption that he used the thin silvery cable: Even a high quality 20AWG wire is really skirting the line when it comes to supplying 6.25A. The voltage drop even over a relatively short distance like 250mm would probably be about 1%. Just from the wire properties alone I would advise against powering a GPU from a single one. And that is excluding any possibility of you shoddily connecting that single wire to three wires that connect to the 6-Pin

If you are soldering cables together anyway, why aren't you connecting a proper 6-Pin PCIe connector directly, with 3 cables to the 12v pad and 3 cables to the GND pad of the G-Unique unit?

Last edited: