More G-unique BTO PSUs are now available(direct order)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Bronze Supporter
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I work in medical. We're more worried of leakage, proper grounding, proper insulation (electrical and physical), fail safes, so on than voltage.

Usually the high voltage warnings implies high voltage and current.

Reactions: AleksandarK
Mar 6, 2017
Even 12V can be deadly with enough current and in the right place. But even on a 48V power supply, it's kinda hard to touch it wrong. To my understanding, you'd have to touch the positive with one hand and negative with the other, while the power supply is on.

We're getting a bit off topic, should we move to another thread?

Reactions: AleksandarK

fatface

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 7, 2017
I've order a the new Skyreach 4 mini case and I'm thinking of getting one of these as my brick keeps on resetting whilst gaming on my current build.

Zotac 1080 mini
Intel i5 6600k
HDPLEX 400w
Dell 330w brick

I'm just wondering what type of connector would be suitable for the Skyreach 4 mini?

Thanks

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 11, 2017
I've order a the new Skyreach 4 mini case and I'm thinking of getting one of these as my brick keeps on resetting whilst gaming on my current build.

Zotac 1080 mini
Intel i5 6600k
HDPLEX 400w
Dell 330w brick

I'm just wondering what type of connector would be suitable for the Skyreach 4 mini?

Thanks
Your 330w brick might be struggling. Guryhwa mods his Dell bricks (they are about $60-$90) to work much better. Check out his discord if you have questions!

Al Hoff

Average Stuffer
Feb 25, 2017
My VX base and Ultimate Brick for my s4 mini classic are still going strong and awesome! The brick handles my i7 and 1080ti like a champ, even when drawing close to 500W from the wall. I already own a second ultimate brick with some _cool_ modifications I use when I am mobile with my s4 classic. BUT now that I see the Modivio xCase is here I am buying a second base unit for a second SFF build. Gury makes some great quality gear and I am a serial repeat customer he can't get out of his discord. XD

dumplestilskin

Cable Smoosher
Jan 20, 2018
I am interested in a DC-ATX and power brick capable of powering a 8700K and 1080TI for my upcoming Louqe build. Could you please let me know the availability of such a combo? Thank you.

Reactions: Beardedswede

RoLexus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 22, 2018
byanh.com
It will be good solution for my 350W AC/DC 12V internal adapter for my case design.
How much current the load switch can carry? it look so small to carry 300-400 W at 12V.

Last edited:

kms108

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2018
Let say I'm considering the 400W LE edition one, and after my purchase, and I decide I want to add another Sata connector or may be two on another cable, will there be enough room for myself to self solder the extra cable which consist of 4 wires, my soldering is the best, but I can say I do know how to do a decent job.

Can anyone show a clear photo of the soldering cable joint area, thanks.

Reactions: Beardedswede

jrbrianhogan

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 5, 2018
Hi guryhwa!
I'm Brian from Singapore.

I would like to order 1 unit of G-Unique PSU, Type D, Codename VX.
I will use it to power a GTX 1070 so I would need it to have PCIE cable (6+2pin) and Sata power cable as well.
I don't need a power brick because I already have one.
As for the DC input jack, I need it to fit the original Dell 330W AC power adapter (model number DA330PM111) because that is the AC power adapter that I have and will use for my PC build.

Shipping is to Singapore.

Kindly provide me a quotation of price.
Thanks.

Last edited:

jrbrianhogan

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 5, 2018
Hi guryhwa!

I will use it to power a GTX 1070 so I would need it to have PCIE cable (6+2pin) and Sata power cable as well.
As for the DC input jack, I need it to fit the original Dell 330W AC power adapter (model number DA330PM111) because that is the AC power adapter that I have and will use for my PC build.

Thanks.

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
Hi guryhwa!

Thanks.
The Dell 330W is a 19V brick. That means it is not compatible with gurys 12V base units.
You either need to buy a different AC-DC solution that outputs 12VDC or use a wide input range DC-DC solution like HDPlex or Dynamo.

Reactions: WadeAK78 and Elerek

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
To piggy back off what @blubblob is saying, Gury mods his bricks so they can output higher wattages and will work with his PSUs. Also, I don't think he uses these forums much anymore, you'd be better off trying to get in contact with him over discord on his server.

jrbrianhogan

Minimal Tinkerer
Mar 5, 2018
The Dell 330W is a 19V brick. That means it is not compatible with gurys 12V base units.
You either need to buy a different AC-DC solution that outputs 12VDC or use a wide input range DC-DC solution like HDPlex or Dynamo.
Thanks for highlighting that. I totally mislooked it.
Gury never replied my PM regarding my request for purchase. Seems like he is not much around here anymore.