More G-unique BTO PSUs are now available(direct order)

28th Nov 2018,announeced Gunique U0 experience suite price:

400watts set 199USD

500watts set 229USD

price include:

complete psu set(ultimate modded brick,1x 1.8M 10awg dc cable,1x archdaemon limited internal psu,1x MB tray,1x riser card ,1x cpu 8pin cable,1x pcie 8pin cable),1x case/enclousre,shipping to usa(other country+10usd),

upgrade option:
2nd pcie 8pin cable+4.99usd,
8awg dc cable+sleeving in black +9.99usd,
2x2.5 disk bay and 2x12cm sata cable 24.99usd

this month's order will ship in next month

order method:
  1. PM me @guryhwa or send me an email 9842677@qq.com ,or join our discord group telling the hardware configuration and case model,and what kind of basic unit you like to use,the detail cable requirement,what power of adaptor,etc,anything would help me to built to your order.also your shipping address to check the shipping rate for you(mostly via sf-express);
  2. if everything is confirmed,I will send you an invoice via paypal,after you paid it,you order will be arranged asap ,usually it will take about 5-7 days to ship.

all G-unique PSUs are handmake/handcraft of Gury,who is running a one person SMPS workshop.

prices of parts and custom options:
Base unit (12V-in type,no cables)
  • TYPE C,code name Arch Deamon,$49.99,suitable for 120watts-500watts
  • PCB height 27mm
  • Main componets introduce:21 pcs KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,2 pcs WE 1090 Inductors ,TI NexFet powerblock,2 toshiba P-mos for 12V loadswitch(4mR Rdson) ,1 infineon mos for 5V load switch;
Arch Deamon can be upgraded ($24.99)to limited edition by add an additional TaCap armor with 28 KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,which make total 49 pcs T520 polymer tantalum !

• to be continued
cables and connectors:
all cables can be customized and soldered to the basic unit,so it is reliable , killed the loss of connector,withstand for large current.

• Default cables set:
    • [20cm CPU 4+4pin cable,(20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [30cm+15cm sata*2 cables (20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [DC input cable with 5.5*2.5 DCjack,30cm 16awg black or white Silicone Wire] +$4.99
    • Custom Cables Length & Connectors (change length,add PCIE 6+2,CPU 8pin,SATA,4pin peripherals)+$4.99 for each set;(t the PCIE cable are soldered to a tiny load-switch behind the dc-jack pcb which is sync. with the basic unit,so count the PCIE cable 's length from dc-jack

• Custom DC Jack +$9.99 ,Dell dedicated 8pin:

• Custom DC Jack 7.4*5.0,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99:,
    • Custom DC Jack 4pin Din,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99
    • Custom DC Jack :GX-16,GX-12 aviation plug,S4 mini DC-jack with 14AWG DC cable ,+$19.99
Power adaptor
  • Power adaptor
    • 300w $59.99 STD version (12V25A,Modded Delta OEM,DELL brick,100-240Vac input,original plastic case and 8pin dc cable :3 pairs of 16awgs +1pair 26awg DC output wire)
    • Ultimate version 400watts $89.99(12V>=34A),450watts $99.99(12V>=38A)Fix and Mod for high temp operation and high reliability,main unit's effiency higher than 80plus platinum,220Vac in,half load )
    • All Ultimate dell brick's dimension is 20cm*9.4cm*3.9cm ALuminun case DC cable of 1 pair of 10awg silicone wire XT90 dcjack(45 amper rated,90 amper peak),500watts brick with 1 pair of 8awg silicone wire,500watts brick is installed dual 3.5cm ultra silent panasonic fans(with temp controlled RPM),other fans mod is an option of 19.99USD
    • secondary spare brick will get a 20% discount.
    • Higher power brick/internal psu can be customized
    • pls prepare a C14 ac cord cable yourself~
    • every dell Brick are modded to increase its efficieny,enhanced its internal heat spreading rate,every modded brick have over-current-protection,short-circuit-protection,over-voltage-protection,over-temp-protection.and they have their own safety certification required by DELL.
warranty:
any basic unit:3 years ,return and repair;anybrick 1 years,return and replace;user pays return shipping
build samples:
1,Arch DEaMon 120watts set with Default cables,Dcjack is 5.5*2.5 type:

2,typc A basic unit 400 watts set,with one 6+2 pin PCI-E connector,4+4pin CPU connector,and 2 sata connectors.input 8 pin(2 M3 screws)DC jack.the PCI-E cable is soldered on the Load switch PCB(On/Off synced. with basic unit) right behind the DC jack,and it ismuch safer than other pcie direct connected to VGA method,for the house-keeping supervisory ship on basic unit will monitor the input voltage,if trigger an OVP,it will shut down the PCIE power:

3,ArchDEaMON limited edition(No1) 400watts set ,Dell dedicated 8pin DC-jack with C14 BRK:

4,VX set for PCfi CAS,5.5*2.5 DCjack ,linear regulator in.so you can compare Gunique PSU with other band's PICO things.by constomized directly soldered cable,Gunique saved lot of precious and limited space on the basic unit,and offer you more and more components like capacitors ,mosfets etc. to increase performance(not by those big,cheap connectors).
and cause it is 12V-in type PSU,it generates little heat that it dont need any heatsink to cover.

5,Arch Deamon limited edition (No2)+ultimate version Modded brick ,dual pci-e 6+2pin VGA cable witn one changable,this set can run i7+1080ti or titan pascal:

to be continued

Last edited:

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
here you are

compared to DELL brick

its tech spec requires 5cfm air ventilaion for full load,but i had modded it to passving cooling via its top and bottom cover.

You may want to put these pics on the OP. Combining this with the Galax GTX 1070 Katana would be amazing! A true power house in a brickless form...

Reactions: VeeTeeF and br3nd0

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Agreed, that is an impressive small AC-DC unit. The shape might be an issue for more traditional tower designs but it opens up possibilities.

Reactions: sergiiua

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
Agreed, that is an impressive small AC-DC unit. The shape might be an issue for more traditional tower designs but it opens up possibilities.
Indeed ,the module is origin HP AIO parts.You know,make a module Inside will add some heat spread in the case.maybe 30watts in full load(calculated 300watts output at 80plus platinum),so,i think it will be fine if you consider this module from the beginning of the designing the BTO case ,via some auxiliary cooling method,like conducting heat through case plate,etc.

Last edited:

jmsantos1983

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 12, 2017
Indeed ,the module is origin HP AIO parts.You know,make a module Inside will add some heat spread in the case.maybe 30watts in full load(calculated 300watts output at 80plus platinum),so,i think it will be fine if you consider this module from the beginning of the designing the BTO case ,via some auxiliary cooling method,like conducting heat through case plate,etc.
So, amy ideas on how to implement this? It this something that we could ask of you guys? Is it even possible?

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Last week I've received an Arch Deamon unit along with recently mentioned HP AC-DC unit and they work like a charm! I'm working on implementation in my 3D printed case.
Wow that is rather unique. Gury I know you are developing a case are you going to be integrating this ac-dc unit into it or are you going the brick route for your case?

Reactions: chinevo and Matt3D

Colinreay

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 28, 2016
Hi Gury, the HP AC-DC looks amazing! Is it possible to create a C13 left angle to a C14 panel mount?

Ncase has the exact cable I'm referencing on their website, but I'd need it in a shorter length. Thanks!

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
Wow that is rather unique. Gury I know you are developing a case are you going to be integrating this ac-dc unit into it or are you going the brick route for your case?

indeed ,i have lots of options

Reactions: Matt3D

jmsantos1983

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 12, 2017
Just wondering because still planning my case and I want to make sure that i could put together a powerful small case. I want max power in a small case. Smaller, powerfull.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Just wondering because still planning my case and I want to make sure that i could put together a powerful small case. I want max power in a small case. Smaller, powerfull.
I don't mean to sound rude, but you would need dual titans and a really high end cpu to even get close to 700w.

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016

For an SFF build in a cramped space where heat, noise and airflow are super important factors, you kinda have to set yourself some realistic limits, and credit to the users here who have posted real-world results for the rest of us to absorb and plan around. In terms of the upper limit it's fair to say that @CubanLegend has achieved with his build. But hey, it's all about pushin dem limitz innit?

I don't mean to sound rude, but you would need dual titans and a really high end cpu to even get close to 700w.

True dat. I like how pcpartpicker gives an indication of power requirement / wattage as you add components. I've used that and outervision's PSU calculator to get a rough idea on power for my past couple of builds.

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
For an SFF build in a cramped space where heat, noise and airflow are super important factors, you kinda have to set yourself some realistic limits, and credit to the users here who have posted real-world results for the rest of us to absorb and plan around. In terms of the upper limit it's fair to say that @CubanLegend has achieved with his build. But hey, it's all about pushin dem limitz innit?

True dat. I like how pcpartpicker gives an indication of power requirement / wattage as you add components. I've used that and outervision's PSU calculator to get a rough idea on power for my past couple of builds.

i can repack the HP module for you ,so you my have a very slim MB tray (2.3-2.5cm in height) integrated 400-600watts MODULE(dual HP modules)+Gunique DC ,these special MB tray is exactly the same dize 17cm*17cm with ITX board and it can fit any present cunstomized case design beneath the MB.just raise some height of the back IO opening.

Reactions: ColorZepppelin

SIEGEX

Trash Compacter
May 19, 2017
another Gunique PSU is coming~in sampling stage:

a PSU set with large case that you can mount all your hardwares into it,or you can take it as a case intregrated with Gunique PSU,anyways.

dimension is 32cm width 22cm depth 7.5cm height,about 5.4L.

simple structure,two piece bending ,frame is S.G.C.C in 1.2mm thickness ,top cover/front panel is aluminum in 2.5mm thickness.

can install 6 * 70mm side fans in push-pull mode help air ventilation,there is 12cm/14cm fan opening on top of both CPU heatsink and VGA card.

the power of PSU set has three solutions:
1,by brick,300watts,400watts BTO,with the capablity of two bricks input acceptable ,its power can be any combinations of two bricks(up to 800watts,two modded 400watts brick);
2,by ultra slim internal ac-dc module,150/180/200/300 watts,two of it ,and their combinations,one for cpu/MB/ssd,other for VGA card.
3,hybrid use ultra slim internal ac-dc module for cpu/MB/ssd,plug a brick outside of the case to power the VGA card(200/300/400watts).

some sample pics:
sample use laser cutting,may be CNC punching when batch

bending:

put them together:

Any eta on completion of case? With delivery availability.?