More G-unique BTO PSUs are now available(direct order)

28th Nov 2018,announeced Gunique U0 experience suite price:

400watts set 199USD

500watts set 229USD

price include:

complete psu set(ultimate modded brick,1x 1.8M 10awg dc cable,1x archdaemon limited internal psu,1x MB tray,1x riser card ,1x cpu 8pin cable,1x pcie 8pin cable),1x case/enclousre,shipping to usa(other country+10usd),

upgrade option:
2nd pcie 8pin cable+4.99usd,
8awg dc cable+sleeving in black +9.99usd,
2x2.5 disk bay and 2x12cm sata cable 24.99usd

this month's order will ship in next month

order method:
  1. PM me @guryhwa or send me an email 9842677@qq.com ,or join our discord group telling the hardware configuration and case model,and what kind of basic unit you like to use,the detail cable requirement,what power of adaptor,etc,anything would help me to built to your order.also your shipping address to check the shipping rate for you(mostly via sf-express);
  2. if everything is confirmed,I will send you an invoice via paypal,after you paid it,you order will be arranged asap ,usually it will take about 5-7 days to ship.

all G-unique PSUs are handmake/handcraft of Gury,who is running a one person SMPS workshop.

prices of parts and custom options:
Base unit (12V-in type,no cables)
  • TYPE C,code name Arch Deamon,$49.99,suitable for 120watts-500watts
  • PCB height 27mm
  • Main componets introduce:21 pcs KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,2 pcs WE 1090 Inductors ,TI NexFet powerblock,2 toshiba P-mos for 12V loadswitch(4mR Rdson) ,1 infineon mos for 5V load switch;
Arch Deamon can be upgraded ($24.99)to limited edition by add an additional TaCap armor with 28 KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,which make total 49 pcs T520 polymer tantalum !

• to be continued
cables and connectors:
all cables can be customized and soldered to the basic unit,so it is reliable , killed the loss of connector,withstand for large current.

• Default cables set:
    • [20cm CPU 4+4pin cable,(20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [30cm+15cm sata*2 cables (20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [DC input cable with 5.5*2.5 DCjack,30cm 16awg black or white Silicone Wire] +$4.99
    • Custom Cables Length & Connectors (change length,add PCIE 6+2,CPU 8pin,SATA,4pin peripherals)+$4.99 for each set;(t the PCIE cable are soldered to a tiny load-switch behind the dc-jack pcb which is sync. with the basic unit,so count the PCIE cable 's length from dc-jack

• Custom DC Jack +$9.99 ,Dell dedicated 8pin:

• Custom DC Jack 7.4*5.0,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99:,
    • Custom DC Jack 4pin Din,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99
    • Custom DC Jack :GX-16,GX-12 aviation plug,S4 mini DC-jack with 14AWG DC cable ,+$19.99
Power adaptor
  • Power adaptor
    • 300w $59.99 STD version (12V25A,Modded Delta OEM,DELL brick,100-240Vac input,original plastic case and 8pin dc cable :3 pairs of 16awgs +1pair 26awg DC output wire)
    • Ultimate version 400watts $89.99(12V>=34A),450watts $99.99(12V>=38A)Fix and Mod for high temp operation and high reliability,main unit's effiency higher than 80plus platinum,220Vac in,half load )
    • All Ultimate dell brick's dimension is 20cm*9.4cm*3.9cm ALuminun case DC cable of 1 pair of 10awg silicone wire XT90 dcjack(45 amper rated,90 amper peak),500watts brick with 1 pair of 8awg silicone wire,500watts brick is installed dual 3.5cm ultra silent panasonic fans(with temp controlled RPM),other fans mod is an option of 19.99USD
    • secondary spare brick will get a 20% discount.
    • Higher power brick/internal psu can be customized
    • pls prepare a C14 ac cord cable yourself~
    • every dell Brick are modded to increase its efficieny,enhanced its internal heat spreading rate,every modded brick have over-current-protection,short-circuit-protection,over-voltage-protection,over-temp-protection.and they have their own safety certification required by DELL.
warranty:
any basic unit:3 years ,return and repair;anybrick 1 years,return and replace;user pays return shipping
build samples:
1,Arch DEaMon 120watts set with Default cables,Dcjack is 5.5*2.5 type:

2,typc A basic unit 400 watts set,with one 6+2 pin PCI-E connector,4+4pin CPU connector,and 2 sata connectors.input 8 pin(2 M3 screws)DC jack.the PCI-E cable is soldered on the Load switch PCB(On/Off synced. with basic unit) right behind the DC jack,and it ismuch safer than other pcie direct connected to VGA method,for the house-keeping supervisory ship on basic unit will monitor the input voltage,if trigger an OVP,it will shut down the PCIE power:

3,ArchDEaMON limited edition(No1) 400watts set ,Dell dedicated 8pin DC-jack with C14 BRK:

4,VX set for PCfi CAS,5.5*2.5 DCjack ,linear regulator in.so you can compare Gunique PSU with other band's PICO things.by constomized directly soldered cable,Gunique saved lot of precious and limited space on the basic unit,and offer you more and more components like capacitors ,mosfets etc. to increase performance(not by those big,cheap connectors).
and cause it is 12V-in type PSU,it generates little heat that it dont need any heatsink to cover.

5,Arch Deamon limited edition (No2)+ultimate version Modded brick ,dual pci-e 6+2pin VGA cable witn one changable,this set can run i7+1080ti or titan pascal:

to be continued

Last edited:

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: Acalanata

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
@guryhwa do you offer dc jack mounting solutions for your psus that fit the s4 mini? Something similar to the hdplex thing? Sorry about the duplicate message.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonny727272

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
@guryhwa do you offer dc jack mounting solutions for your psus that fit the s4 mini? Something similar to the hdplex thing? Sorry about the duplicate message.
Yes,if you dont want your S4 mini MODded,i offer GX-12 aviation plug dc jack, for S4 mini or other case which had an opening of 12mm diameter for dcjack mounting ,but this "mini" aviation plug has relatively small rated current,it get hot under heavy load,it is not supposed to be used with 12V brick higher than 300watts.

Last edited:

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
Yes,if you dont want your S4 mini MODded,i offer GX-12 aviation plug dc jack, for S4 mini or other case which had an opening of 12mm diameter for dcjack mounting ,but this "mini" aviation plug has relatively small rated current,it get hot under heavy load,it is not supposed to be used with 12V brick higher than 300watts.

Thats unfortunate... so a 330w dell unit wouldnt work, right? Thanks for all the replies mate. Really appreciate your patience and understanding. I might just end purchasing one with the connector if it does work.

Going to run it with a 6500 and a 1070 so I dont think itll go over 250w but i like to be careful.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
There's also the GX16 connector. Uses a 16 mm mounting hole, which is pretty big. Not sure if that size hole would be do-able on the S4 Mini?

@guryhwa what's the mounting pattern on your 4-pin DIN connector? Also, thanks for posting the photos of your 8-pin mounts!

Last edited:

Craxas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 10, 2016
There's also the GX16 connector. Uses a 16 mm mounting hole, which is pretty big. Not sure if that size hole would be do-able on the S4 Mini?

Its doable since Brian (the guy that used to take orders for gury) had his s4 with it. The problem is it requires enlarging the 12mm hole on the s4, and I would wanna keep mods to the case as minimal as possible since there arent shops or people with tools near me :(

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016

@guryhwa what's the mounting pattern on your 4-pin DIN connector? Also, thanks for posting the photos of your 8-pin mounts!

GX-16 also fits well if you enlarge the opening to 16mm

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
"i apply a pair of tiny 20A current connector soldered behind the dcjack sync. pcb board and make the pci-e cable become modular users can exchange the pci-e cable with sata cable when needed." guryhwa

just thought i should share this info and the communication I have had with him. Didn't know it could be made modular.

Last edited:
Reactions: br3nd0 and Twinstar

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Wait, is that your "ultimate" brick? It can handle 530W of continuous load? Seriously? That seems scary.

Could you offer the 8-pin DC jack in black instead of white?

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Wait, is that your "ultimate" brick? It can handle 530W of continuous load? Seriously? That seems scary.

Could you offer the 8-pin DC jack in black instead of white?
He early said he can change the cables to whatever color you want. He will even sleeve them for more if you choose. I am sure he could pretty much do anything you wanted you just have to ask.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Wait you were able to pull 530watts out of a single brick o.o!?

Also in that picture what is going on with your ram it looks like you have a sodim adapter o_O

o3ton

Cable Smoosher
May 11, 2017
A if I buy this would it come fully assembled or do i have to solder and wire it, and can it handle a gtx 1080 which consume 180w and recommed a 500w psu? Also how can you sell your mini psu $55 or less when the hdplex 300 cost $80 or $70?

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Guessing they are something like a electrical engineer and get their components at a lower cost and then working on a lower profit margin.

Also the op seams to be rather passionate about their craftsmanship on the units and projects

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
A if I buy this would it come fully assembled or do i have to solder and wire it, and can it handle a gtx 1080 which consume 180w and recommed a 500w psu? Also how can you sell your mini psu $55 or less when the hdplex 300 cost $80 or $70?

HD Plex is a lot more complex as it regulates 16-24V down to 12V at a high amperage. Here the 12V does not need to regulated (not sure if G-Unique filters it or not) and requires much less complexity.

You will need to ask for a custom cable kit to handle the GTX 1080.

Reactions: timginter

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
Guessing they are something like a electrical engineer and get their components at a lower cost and then working on a lower profit margin.

Also the op seams to be rather passionate about their craftsmanship on the units and projects

i like your word"passionate"and "craftmanship",but it is not"they",it is "him",G-unique is only one-person-homemade-handmade PSU,and G-unique is not a trademark at all,it just simply stand for "G"ury made UNIQUE psu

HD Plex is a lot more complex as it regulates 16-24V down to 12V at a high amperage. Here the 12V does not need to regulated (not sure if G-Unique filters it or not) and requires much less complexity.

You will need to ask for a custom cable kit to handle the GTX 1080.

wide input to 12V is not complex,i designed and made the first high power dcatx in the world in 2012(500watts dc set with two modded 19V 300watts alienware slim bricks input),you can refer to this thread,if you find other made 500watts dc-atx for pc earlier than me,pls tell me,i will correct my statement above:
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-514043-1-1.html

it used LM2642 dual phase pwm buck solution,and i think the **Dplex 's circuit is derived from my design,one day a man call himself the founder of **Dplex came to me and tell me he would order 300-500 sets of 300watts dcatx,he paid me to make two sets of samples,after i send out the samples,pcb file,BOM ,then like old story ,the order never come.

and pixx-box directly copy my design to join computex 2013,LOL

you know,i am just a diyer,like you all,not any kind of vendor, manufacturer,i love to handmake everything,mod everything i can to reveal their potentiality.it is my pleasured that my handcraft design be copied or used for referenceby a big manufacturer~

i design all the so call"G-unique"thing myself ,select then purchase the components in quantity for 100-200 set ,sampling and test the circuit,then accept order,and MOD and test each brick,all with my own hand,this BTO mode cant bear large quantities order with myself,but if outsourcing production using wide input dcatx,unfamous band and less componets,ready-made brick,cost can be reduced.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
i like your word"passionate"and "craftmanship",but it is not"they",it is "him",G-unique is only one-person-homemade-handmade PSU,and G-unique is not a trademark at all,it just simply stand for "G"ury made UNIQUE psu

wide input to 12V is not complex,i designed and made the first high power dcatx in the world in 2012(500watts dc set with two modded 19V 300watts alienware slim bricks input),you can refer to this thread,if you find other made 500watts dc-atx for pc earlier than me,pls tell me,i will correct my statement above:
https://www.chiphell.com/thread-514043-1-1.html

it used LM2642 dual phase pwm buck solution,and i think the **Dplex 's circuit is derived from my design,one day a man call himself the founder of **Dplex came to me and tell me he would order 300-500 sets of 300watts dcatx,he paid me to make two sets of samples,after i send out the samples,pcb file,BOM ,then like old story ,the order never come.

you know,i am just a diyer,like you all,not any kind of vendor, manufacturer,i love to handmake everything,mod everything i can to reveal their potentiality.

i design all the so call"G-unique"thing myself ,select then purchase the components in quantity for 100-200 set ,sampling and test the circuit,then accept order,and MOD and test each brick,all with my own hand,this BTO mode cant bear large quantities order with myself,but if outsourcing production using wide input dcatx,unfamous band and less componets,ready-made brick,cost can be reduced.

Very nice. I stand corrected! I expected wide input would require more components and complexity.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Is there any downside to using the GX 16 input? It would be a lot easier to mod a case to fit that if it was already set up with a 12mm input.