More G-unique BTO PSUs are now available(direct order)

28th Nov 2018,announeced Gunique U0 experience suite price:

400watts set 199USD

500watts set 229USD

price include:

complete psu set(ultimate modded brick,1x 1.8M 10awg dc cable,1x archdaemon limited internal psu,1x MB tray,1x riser card ,1x cpu 8pin cable,1x pcie 8pin cable),1x case/enclousre,shipping to usa(other country+10usd),

upgrade option:
2nd pcie 8pin cable+4.99usd,
8awg dc cable+sleeving in black +9.99usd,
2x2.5 disk bay and 2x12cm sata cable 24.99usd

this month's order will ship in next month

order method:
  1. PM me @guryhwa or send me an email 9842677@qq.com ,or join our discord group telling the hardware configuration and case model,and what kind of basic unit you like to use,the detail cable requirement,what power of adaptor,etc,anything would help me to built to your order.also your shipping address to check the shipping rate for you(mostly via sf-express);
  2. if everything is confirmed,I will send you an invoice via paypal,after you paid it,you order will be arranged asap ,usually it will take about 5-7 days to ship.

all G-unique PSUs are handmake/handcraft of Gury,who is running a one person SMPS workshop.

prices of parts and custom options:
Base unit (12V-in type,no cables)
  • TYPE C,code name Arch Deamon,$49.99,suitable for 120watts-500watts
  • PCB height 27mm
  • Main componets introduce:21 pcs KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,2 pcs WE 1090 Inductors ,TI NexFet powerblock,2 toshiba P-mos for 12V loadswitch(4mR Rdson) ,1 infineon mos for 5V load switch;
Arch Deamon can be upgraded ($24.99)to limited edition by add an additional TaCap armor with 28 KEMET T520 polymer tantalum Capacitors,which make total 49 pcs T520 polymer tantalum !

• to be continued
cables and connectors:
all cables can be customized and soldered to the basic unit,so it is reliable , killed the loss of connector,withstand for large current.

• Default cables set:
    • [20cm CPU 4+4pin cable,(20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [30cm+15cm sata*2 cables (20awg PTFE silver plated or black silicone wire)] + [DC input cable with 5.5*2.5 DCjack,30cm 16awg black or white Silicone Wire] +$4.99
    • Custom Cables Length & Connectors (change length,add PCIE 6+2,CPU 8pin,SATA,4pin peripherals)+$4.99 for each set;(t the PCIE cable are soldered to a tiny load-switch behind the dc-jack pcb which is sync. with the basic unit,so count the PCIE cable 's length from dc-jack

• Custom DC Jack +$9.99 ,Dell dedicated 8pin:

• Custom DC Jack 7.4*5.0,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99:,
    • Custom DC Jack 4pin Din,with 14AWG DC cable:+$14.99
    • Custom DC Jack :GX-16,GX-12 aviation plug,S4 mini DC-jack with 14AWG DC cable ,+$19.99
Power adaptor
  • Power adaptor
    • 300w $59.99 STD version (12V25A,Modded Delta OEM,DELL brick,100-240Vac input,original plastic case and 8pin dc cable :3 pairs of 16awgs +1pair 26awg DC output wire)
    • Ultimate version 400watts $89.99(12V>=34A),450watts $99.99(12V>=38A)Fix and Mod for high temp operation and high reliability,main unit's effiency higher than 80plus platinum,220Vac in,half load )
    • All Ultimate dell brick's dimension is 20cm*9.4cm*3.9cm ALuminun case DC cable of 1 pair of 10awg silicone wire XT90 dcjack(45 amper rated,90 amper peak),500watts brick with 1 pair of 8awg silicone wire,500watts brick is installed dual 3.5cm ultra silent panasonic fans(with temp controlled RPM),other fans mod is an option of 19.99USD
    • secondary spare brick will get a 20% discount.
    • Higher power brick/internal psu can be customized
    • pls prepare a C14 ac cord cable yourself~
    • every dell Brick are modded to increase its efficieny,enhanced its internal heat spreading rate,every modded brick have over-current-protection,short-circuit-protection,over-voltage-protection,over-temp-protection.and they have their own safety certification required by DELL.
warranty:
any basic unit:3 years ,return and repair;anybrick 1 years,return and replace;user pays return shipping
build samples:
1,Arch DEaMon 120watts set with Default cables,Dcjack is 5.5*2.5 type:

2,typc A basic unit 400 watts set,with one 6+2 pin PCI-E connector,4+4pin CPU connector,and 2 sata connectors.input 8 pin(2 M3 screws)DC jack.the PCI-E cable is soldered on the Load switch PCB(On/Off synced. with basic unit) right behind the DC jack,and it ismuch safer than other pcie direct connected to VGA method,for the house-keeping supervisory ship on basic unit will monitor the input voltage,if trigger an OVP,it will shut down the PCIE power:

3,ArchDEaMON limited edition(No1) 400watts set ,Dell dedicated 8pin DC-jack with C14 BRK:

4,VX set for PCfi CAS,5.5*2.5 DCjack ,linear regulator in.so you can compare Gunique PSU with other band's PICO things.by constomized directly soldered cable,Gunique saved lot of precious and limited space on the basic unit,and offer you more and more components like capacitors ,mosfets etc. to increase performance(not by those big,cheap connectors).
and cause it is 12V-in type PSU,it generates little heat that it dont need any heatsink to cover.

5,Arch Deamon limited edition (No2)+ultimate version Modded brick ,dual pci-e 6+2pin VGA cable witn one changable,this set can run i7+1080ti or titan pascal:

to be continued

Last edited:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Two 1080's? That's pretty amazing!
What cpu, are you using your modded 400w brick?

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Yeah, basically all DC-ATX boards use 16v because they want to be compatible with laptop bricks. When you use AC-12v you skip a step which enables everything to be smaller and more efficient. I am honestly surprised that no company has done this, it's a good business model because you get to sell the brick AND the board. I'm not aware of anyone besides guryhwa - one guy in China - who is doing this. I guess the uber ultra small form factor is still a tiny niche, but with this PSU you can make a case < 3.5L that houses an ITX board and a short card (like CustomMOD's), up to an X99 CPU and a 1070. I think if a serious crowdsourcing effort was mounted behind this, it would be a huge hit. Partner with a case manufacturer and put out a gaming case 3+ times smaller than the Corsair One, and make a lot of cash.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
Seeing this an have a question really.
Is it possible to make a higher then 500w unit that uses 2 bricks to split the load?

Now probably overkill but looking at options to move or remove my sfx Psu from my case to allow nicer visibility and possibly cooling.

Buuuut I have a feeling a 400w unit wouldn't be the best idea with what I'm using.
CPU: ryzen 1700 oc 3.65ghz
mobo: Asus B350 M-A
Ram: 2x 8gb drr4 2133 (will upgrade eventually to 2 more sticks for a total of 32gb)
GPU: R9 Fury Nano
HDD/SSD :750gb 2.5" HDD 120gb SSD

So lets say theoretically 600watt unit but uses two 350-400 watt bricks so the external bricks aren't being maxed out all the time.

Just a thought as I think it's the acer predator 21 that uses two power bricks for normal operation.

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
Yeah, basically all DC-ATX boards use 16v because they want to be compatible with laptop bricks. When you use AC-12v you skip a step which enables everything to be smaller and more efficient. I am honestly surprised that no company has done this, it's a good business model because you get to sell the brick AND the board. I'm not aware of anyone besides guryhwa - one guy in China - who is doing this. I guess the uber ultra small form factor is still a tiny niche, but with this PSU you can make a case < 3.5L that houses an ITX board and a short card (like CustomMOD's), up to an X99 CPU and a 1070. I think if a serious crowdsourcing effort was mounted behind this, it would be a huge hit. Partner with a case manufacturer and put out a gaming case 3+ times smaller than the Corsair One, and make a lot of cash.
i am sure you can run any 140watts TDP E5 @X99 itx and GTX1080 mini with my PSU:

Reactions: Acalanata

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
Seeing this an have a question really.
Is it possible to make a higher then 500w unit that uses 2 bricks to split the load?

Now probably overkill but looking at options to move or remove my sfx Psu from my case to allow nicer visibility and possibly cooling.

Buuuut I have a feeling a 400w unit wouldn't be the best idea with what I'm using.
CPU: ryzen 1700 oc 3.65ghz
mobo: Asus B350 M-A
Ram: 2x 8gb drr4 2133 (will upgrade eventually to 2 more sticks for a total of 32gb)
GPU: R9 Fury Nano
HDD/SSD :750gb 2.5" HDD 120gb SSD

So lets say theoretically 600watt unit but uses two 350-400 watt bricks so the external bricks aren't being maxed out all the time.

Just a thought as I think it's the acer predator 21 that uses two power bricks for normal operation.
it is simple to fulfil your idea,you just need a special DCjack connecting 2 bricks~
i have done this before,one wide input 500watts dc-atx plus two 400watts 12V modded dell bricks,each run a titanX.

Reactions: zovc

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
I'd reckon 2 of whatever be the most stable power input for the power bricks into the back of the pc.

In my case it be a blank plate that's the size of the sfx Psu with a 60 mm fan so plenty of room for a power input on the back.

Now I'd love to see this crazy setup your talking about with twin titanX o.o

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
another Gunique PSU is coming~in sampling stage:

a PSU set with large case that you can mount all your hardwares into it,or you can take it as a case intregrated with Gunique PSU,anyways.

dimension is 32cm width 22cm depth 7.5cm height,about 5.4L.

simple structure,two piece bending ,frame is S.G.C.C in 1.2mm thickness ,top cover/front panel is aluminum in 2.5mm thickness.

can install 6 * 70mm side fans in push-pull mode help air ventilation,there is 12cm/14cm fan opening on top of both CPU heatsink and VGA card.

the power of PSU set has three solutions:
1,by brick,300watts,400watts BTO,with the capablity of two bricks input acceptable ,its power can be any combinations of two bricks(up to 800watts,two modded 400watts brick);
2,by ultra slim internal ac-dc module,150/180/200/300 watts,two of it ,and their combinations,one for cpu/MB/ssd,other for VGA card.
3,hybrid use ultra slim internal ac-dc module for cpu/MB/ssd,plug a brick outside of the case to power the VGA card(200/300/400watts).

some sample pics:
sample use laser cutting,may be CNC punching when batch

bending:

put them together:

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
would it be possible to have rather short connections so we could use sleeved cable extensions to avoid soldering or breaking a connection while attempting to sleeve? Though the main power input one doesn't need to be modular either way.

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
another Gunique PSU is coming~in sampling stage:

a PSU set with large case that you can mount all your hardwares into it,or you can take it as a case intregrated with Gunique PSU,anyways.

dimension is 32cm width 22cm depth 7.5cm height,about 5.4L.

simple structure,two piece bending ,frame is S.G.C.C in 1.2mm thickness ,top cover/front panel is aluminum in 2.5mm thickness.

can install 6 * 70mm side fans in push-pull mode help air ventilation,there is 12cm/14cm fan opening on top of both CPU heatsink and VGA card.

the power of PSU set has three solutions:
1,by brick,300watts,400watts BTO,with the capablity of two bricks input acceptable ,its power can be any combinations of two bricks(up to 800watts,two modded 400watts brick);
2,by ultra slim internal ac-dc module,150/180/200/300 watts,two of it ,and their combinations,one for cpu/MB/ssd,other for VGA card.
3,hybrid use ultra slim internal ac-dc module for cpu/MB/ssd,plug a brick outside of the case to power the VGA card(200/300/400watts).

some sample pics:
sample use laser cutting,may be CNC punching when batch

bending:

put them together:

I'm liking the look. If it fits a GTX 1080 mini you would have some buyers!! It simple and has front usb. I would love to see it's dimensions compared to say the Xbox one. It does seem on the thicker side but that may be the pictures.

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
I'm liking the look. If it fits a GTX 1080 mini you would have some buyers!! It simple and has front usb. I would love to see it's dimensions compared to say the Xbox one. It does seem on the thicker side but that may be the pictures.
the case dimension is 32cm width 22cm depth 7.5cm height,why i make the depth 22cm,one reason is to accommodate 21cm length VGA carg,as i know the Zotac GTX1080 mini is 21cm length card,the other reason is to mount three 70mm fans side by side.

yes,it has four USB3.0 ports and a tiny on/off switch with LED light in front panel

i am not aiming extremely small volume,i just try to offer my PSU set with a simple,practical,relatively good in cooling and compatibility case..

Reactions: Acalanata and DocH

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
the case dimension is 32cm width 22cm depth 7.5cm height,why i make the depth 22cm,one reason is to accommodate 21cm length VGA carg,as i know the Zotac GTX1080 mini is 21cm length card,the other reason is to mount three 70mm fans side by side.

yes,it has four USB3.0 ports and a tiny on/off switch with LED light in front panel

i am not aiming extremely small volume,i just try to offer my PSU set with a simple,practical,relatively good in cooling and compatibility case..

It's a fantastic idea I haven't see anything with the small fan cooling. The dimensions are identical to the Xbox one so a great size for everything your expecting to fit in it. However heard those little fans tend to make quite a lot of noise. Maybe some noise damping would be beneficial somehow. Still a great idea. Also what price we're you considering and would they come painted?

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
It's a fantastic idea I haven't see anything with the small fan cooling. The dimensions are identical to the Xbox one so a great size for everything your expecting to fit in it. However heard those little fans tend to make quite a lot of noise. Maybe some noise damping would be beneficial somehow. Still a great idea. Also what price we're you considering and would they come painted?

If you decide to INSTALL the side fans,it is recommended that Pwm controlled fans should be used,the PSU set of this case will intregated two fan-hub combined all fans 's Pwm signal into 2 ways,one for MB control,other for gpu

Case frame will be Powder spraying,Top cover will be anodizing

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
If you decide to INSTALL the side fans,it is recommended that Pwm controlled fans should be used,the PSU set of this case will intregated two fan-hub combined all fans 's Pwm signal into 2 ways,one for MB control,other for gpu

Case frame will be Powder spraying,Top cover will be anodizing
ETA on ordering for cases? would be beneficial to state height of ram limit, cpu cooler height limit, and possible gpu configurations when you start taking order.

Since the gpu and cpu vent on separate sides will you be doing a vertical stand for the fan ventilation? If there isn't a vertical stand i am guessing feet of some sort since the gpu and cpu don't vent on the same side. Is there the same cutout for the cpu and gpu or did you make the gpu cutout longer?

Last edited:

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
ETA on ordering for cases? would be beneficial to state height of ram limit, cpu cooler height limit, and possible gpu configurations when you start taking order.

Since the gpu and cpu vent on separate sides will you be doing a vertical stand for the fan ventilation? If there isn't a vertical stand i am guessing feet of some sort since the gpu and cpu don't vent on the same side. Is there the same cutout for the cpu and gpu or did you make the gpu cutout longer?
yes,there are stand foot,and rubber feet,and hdd/sdd cage ,everything it should come with.it is still in early sampling stage,i dont have ETA time table.

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
Great. I love the versatility. Do you offer sleeving or flat array cables liks this:

sorry,flat arrey cable is not suitable for these basic unit,it is hard to solder on it.
would it be possible to have rather short connections so we could use sleeved cable extensions to avoid soldering or breaking a connection while attempting to sleeve? Though the main power input one doesn't need to be modular either way.
if you insist ,i may sleeve them for you,though i think the original cable set is neat, tidy and clean enough

Reactions: Acalanata