• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
The official stand is that we got the best PCIe riser for that price at that time. 4.0 is achievable but as also dependent on which hardware you have, some configs have no issues running at 4.0 while others will have stability issues. There were other risers out there that were much more expensive (4-5x the price) and would have less* stability issues across more configs, but likewise would have cost you guys 4-5x more.

@DASBOOT explained compatibility in more details a few pages back.

Now if the risers that are available from ADT today existed at the time of pre-orders, we would have sold those instead as they are stable across more platforms. The cost would have been roughly 2x of what the pre-orders were at that time. Again, these new 50 USD risers are still probably not as good as the risers for 100 USD, but that is to be expected.

Tech is improving and new hardware is coming out, which is likely to create stability issues when paired with older riser tech. What I'm saying is that it's possible that PCIe 5.0 risers that are sold today may run into similar stability issues as new PCIe 5.0 hardware comes out.
Ok 👍 thanks

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
The official stand is that we got the best PCIe riser for that price at that time. 4.0 is achievable but as also dependent on which hardware you have, some configs have no issues running at 4.0 while others will have stability issues. There were other risers out there that were much more expensive (4-5x the price) and would have less* stability issues across more configs, but likewise would have cost you guys 4-5x more.

Now if the risers that are available from ADT today existed at the time of pre-orders, we would have sold those instead as they are stable across more platforms. The cost would have been roughly 2x of what the pre-orders were at that time. Again, these new 50 USD risers are still probably not as good as the risers for 100 USD, but that is to be expected.

Tech is improving and new hardware is coming out, which is likely to create stability issues when paired with older riser tech. What I'm saying is that it's possible that PCIe 5.0 risers that are sold today may run into similar stability issues as new PCIe 5.0 hardware comes out.
Ive personally made my peace with the PCIe 4.0 riser fiasco, but just wanted to comment that while I accept the explanation and reasoning, that isnt the normal consumer expectation.

If something you sold turned out subsequently to be out-of-spec, then normally a manufacturer should recall the product, and issue replacements, while pressing charges (or whatever) against the PCIe riser supplier.

At the end of the day, ThorZone is the one responsible for dealing with the client and the manufacturer. If you ordered tempered glass panels and get regular glass panels from the factory without noticing, if the client receives this and notices, it would be on thorzone to make it right. You unfortunately cant be absolved from the responsibilityjust becuase "you thought it was" or "they told us it was". I know its harsh, but thats unfortunately how it is.

Last edited:

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021

I disagree. PCIE 4.0 risers were available at the time you sold us the "Riser 4.0". I initially asked how your riser compared to the Linkup riser available at a higher cost.. I didn't get an answer, so it's my fault that I bought yours without getting confirmation first. Honestly, I wish I would have paid the extra money for the Linkup PCIE 4.0 riser.. At least I would have had it in hand already.

@AlexTzone How does the Thor Zone Gen 4 riser compare to the LINKUP - Ultra PCIe 4.0 X16 Riser Cable? I'm looking to pick one up and even with insane shipping it's cheaper to get it overseas from you. (and they're is black/brown.. who does that?)

For the record, your website still says the Mjolnir has tempered glass panels, hopefully any cases sold after finding this issue were actually tempered glass. In either case it is blatant false advertising. Regardless whether it was intentional or a mistake, it's your responsibility to own it and fix it.

I've been watching your twitter posts about "the next big thing" and get a tab more bitter with each post because instead of finishing strong you've given up on Mjolnir.. You're building hype on your next project but you're failing to deliver on your existing one. You can finish strong without making improvements. You just have to keep on task and push the deliverables (keep the sheet updated, post updates, etc.) and show your existing fanbase that you really want to be better. I don't know what you have planned, but you gave me a predisposition to not what to like it, simply because there are still open issues with my existing purchase.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I disagree. PCIE 4.0 risers were available at the time you sold us the "Riser 4.0". I initially asked how your riser compared to the Linkup riser available at a higher cost.. I didn't get an answer, so it's my fault that I bought yours without getting confirmation first. Honestly, I wish I would have paid the extra money for the Linkup PCIE 4.0 riser.. At least I would have had it in hand already.

For the record, your website still says the Mjolnir has tempered glass panels, hopefully any cases sold after finding this issue were actually tempered glass. In either case it is blatant false advertising. Regardless whether it was intentional or a mistake, it's your responsibility to own it and fix it.

I've been watching your twitter posts about "the next big thing" and get a tab more bitter with each post because instead of finishing strong you've given up on Mjolnir.. You're building hype on your next project but you're failing to deliver on your existing one. You can finish strong without making improvements. You just have to keep on task and push the deliverables (keep the sheet updated, post updates, etc.) and show your existing fanbase that you really want to be better. I don't know what you have planned, but you gave me a predisposition to not what to like it, simply because there are still open issues with my existing purchase.

We switched glass suppliers immediately after it was first brought to our attention, so a long while back. All tempered glass form then on out.

For MJOLNIR, we have not given up and will of course finish everything (meaning send out the last remaining orders and replacement parts). Updates will be given up until that stage has fully completed. If there are new replacement parts after the final shipment, updates will continue until these have received their replacements.

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
Has the excel sheet been updated? I'm still waiting for the Borg, as well as replacement parts from the kickstarter batch.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I’ll make sure everyone receives their stuff this month.

It’s taken a very long time with these last 2 shipments as everyone has noticed. Had we had dedicated packaging for replacements parts etc this would have been much faster, but now everything is uniquely packed and it required a lot of manual work. Lesson learned.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

It’s taken a very long time with these last 2 shipments as everyone has noticed. Had we had dedicated packaging for replacements parts etc this would have been much faster, but now everything is uniquely packed and it required a lot of manual work. Lesson learned.
I can see its a tough situation, you can't have produced packaging for every single part/quantity individually, but yet you don't want to just throw it into bubble wrap in case the replacement parts arrive smashed as well....Having said that I guess normally that's exactly what manufacturers do (i.e. just wrap it in tonnes of bubble wrap).

what did you decide to do for the glass replacement this time round?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I can see its a tough situation, you can't have produced packaging for every single part/quantity individually, but yet you don't want to just throw it into bubble wrap in case the replacement parts arrive smashed as well....Having said that I guess normally that's exactly what manufacturers do (i.e. just wrap it in tonnes of bubble wrap).

what did you decide to do for the glass replacement this time round?

Yes that's true, not efficient to make custom packaging for everything. However, in the future we'll make a few different packaging standards (1 for small replacements, 1 for medium and 1 for large). Now basically every order (from the final shipment) has it's own unique cardboard size etc. This is a PITA for logistics as well, things go a lot smoother with freight forwarders when you have many packages of the same size rather than 150 orders that are all different and each must be measured / weighted and quoted individually.

The tg replacements panels are wrapped in loads of bubble wrap, which works but it's a lot more work than having dedicated EVA foam, which would be a LOT easier / faster to package but also produce a small package for shipping.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

Probing for another update. Has the factory given you any updates with regards to finishing packing? Have they even started?

Storm

Chassis Packer
Jun 10, 2020
Hello everyone, i need some help with case and fans orientations, wich config do you recommend?

1. Case at standard orientation, chassis fans pull fresh air and booster cell pushing hot air

2. Case at reversed orientation, chassis fans pushing hot air and booster cell pulling fresh air

My specs below

Chassis Fans:
Noctua NF-A12x25 (25mm)
Noctua NF-A12x15 (15mm)

CPU Cooler (5600X undervolted with PBO2):
Noctua NH-L9a but i swapped the default Noctua NF-A9x14 92 (14mm) with the Noctua NF-A9 (25mm)

Booster Cell:
Noctua NF-A12x15 (15mm)

Panels:
Performance panels

Thanks in advance

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
@AlexTzone Is there any chance you would be willing to release 3D models or detailed case dimensions/blueprint?

I'm hoping to figure out a full customer water loop but a lot of components I'm finding are a little too close for comfort in terms of fitting.

ARC1T3CT

Trash Compacter
Aug 27, 2018

Any news on replacement parts? Have they been shipped yet?

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
Less than a week from your "end of month" commitment and no new updates.. maybe it'd be easier just to issue refunds at this point...

If I would have known replacement part would have made it so difficult to throw a riser cable in a mailer and ship I would have never ordered, or told you not to worry about the replacement part (which should have shipped separately at your expense anyway).

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi guys, sorry for the late update. We are still waiting for some meshes to be finished for the last shipment, as some parts had to be remade from scratch. Also, I got covid in the past week and have pretty much been in bed the entire time, still not completely healthy yet.

My commitment of shipping before the end of the month doesn’t look as realistic anymore but it will not be much longer.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Hi guys, sorry for the late update. We are still waiting for some meshes to be finished for the last shipment, as some parts had to be remade from scratch. Also, I got covid in the past week and have pretty much been in bed the entire time, still not completely healthy yet.

My commitment of shipping before the end of the month doesn’t look as realistic anymore but it will not be much longer.
Thanks for the update, hope you get well soon.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
For anyone that bought the "riser upgrade"
There is a small shining light for those who are interested. Even though it is NOT a full PCIE 4.0 which has been debated here:

For those who are on the Riser3.0 (2yrs ago when the first 2/3 batches of the case got shipped out), if you launch GPU-Z and look at "resizeable Bar" it would indicate DISABLED
For those who got the discussed Riser4.0 (again it is not the latest gen, please go to the thread section linked for the discussion on how to identify it as we went at length), you can still put it in, it will POST without the need to disable the PCIE bus, and when launching the GPU-Z, the resizeable bar will be ENABLED. You will get a small performance boost. A friend of mine who just upgraded his riser to the received one confirmed this. He fiddled a bit with Cyperpunk. Please don't ask for true benchmark results as he won't do it, but at least there is some boost involved for those who already bought that particular riser and was wondering can it do something else than to be a waste of money.

Just felt like don't this discoverable update while everyone else is waiting for their box or replacement part

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi guys, finally, the last orders and all replacement parts are going to be sent over to our freight forwarder on Friday next week! :)

Reactions: N9neBreak3r