• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Hi guys, finally, the last orders and all replacement parts are going to be sent over to our freight forwarder on Friday next week! :)
And on top of that, could you estimate realistically the time between sending it over to the freight forwarder and getting tracking numbers? I assume the FF has to process it, send it to the couriers, then give you the tracking numbers, you process them, and then send the numbers back to us. So is the tracking number receiving more like end of June than next week?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just to be clear. Friday of NEXT week is 6/9, correct?

Yes correct, 2023-06-09, Friday June 9:th.

And on top of that, could you estimate realistically the time between sending it over to the freight forwarder and getting tracking numbers? I assume the FF has to process it, send it to the couriers, then give you the tracking numbers, you process them, and then send the numbers back to us. So is the tracking number receiving more like end of June than next week?

FF is usually decently fast, this is the messiest shipment so far but the last one was pretty messy as well and they did it in a couple of days as far as I remember.

Once the FF is done, I don’t think we have taken more than 2 days to send out all tracking info once we actually have our hand on that info. This shipment is roughly 200 packages.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

FF is usually decently fast, this is the messiest shipment so far but the last one was pretty messy as well and they did it in a couple of days as far as I remember.

Once the FF is done, I don’t think we have taken more than 2 days to send out all tracking info once we actually have our hand on that info. This shipment is roughly 200 packages.
Wishing you the very best of luck. Also hope you've gotten better, I had some colleagues in gothenburg get a bad wave of covid recently too.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Wishing you the very best of luck. Also hope you've gotten better, I had some colleagues in gothenburg get a bad wave of covid recently too.

Thank you! Oh damn, so that thing is on the run again, hope they are doing good 😪 Yes much much better, but it surprised me how hard that thing hit, last time I was this knocked out was sometime when I was 10 and had the flu. Also, me and Denize never got it during the actual pandemic (as far as we know), so I guess we had it coming 😅

cakePlease

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2017
Is there somewhere to get a shorter/custom power cable that runs inside this case? Or can i just cut it myself and resolder?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Is there somewhere to get a shorter/custom power cable that runs inside this case? Or can i just cut it myself and resolder?

If you really need to get it shorter (and cable ties are not acceptable) than cut / solder would work, but be careful, it’s easy to burn down your house if you solder them incorrectly. Use heat-shrink tubes over each of the soldered cable.

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
Hey Alex what speed is the PCI riser on the Thor MegaCock™ or whatever it's called, is it "PCIE4 but not really" like the last one 🤣?

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
It’s called NANOQ and the riser is M33JK by ADT-Link 😁
I'm just pulling your chain ... Honestly in my opinion you did mislead about the risers unfortunately (perhaps not technically, but on a trust level) but I love my Mjolnir still so thank you for that. Might even pick up the MegaCock™ NanoQ. Shame that GPUs these days (particularly NVIDIA) don't want to fit into the 11L form factor!

What is the go on the m33jk, is it *full* pcie4 support?

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm just pulling your chain ... Honestly in my opinion you did mislead about the risers unfortunately (perhaps not technically, but on a trust level) but I love my Mjolnir still so thank you for that. Might even pick up the MegaCock™ NanoQ. Shame that GPUs these days (particularly NVIDIA) don't want to fit into the 11L form factor!

What is the go on the m33jk, is it *full* pcie4 support?

The new case is going to be a completely different beast from MJOLNIR, used stainless steel for the core this time to make it a LOT more robust. Also that unibody without panels is going to be something to behold 🔥 NANOQ is "polar bear" in the Greenlandic language, but we figured that most people would say "NANO-Q" which sounds just as epic and fits the theme of SFF 🙌

We’ve compiled a list of GPUs on the website (which you may have seen now), luckily it looks like there are still a decent chunk of GPUs that fit the 11L as well. Apart from the FE card it looks like the RTX 4090 VENTUS 3X OC also fits. There more for the 4080 and quite a lot for the 4070 and AMD cards.

As for the riser, everywhere I check it is full 4.0. The official ADT-link themselves have confirmed this to me as well. However; we'll fully tests them soon and if there are any issues, we’ll look for alternatives.

Last edited:

Notional

Trash Compacter
Sep 5, 2019
It looks really nice! And I love the 2 sizes, so you can fit proper high end cards and watercooling in them. I really like the front too. I would have loved temp window panels though. Gotta show off that sweet hardware ;)

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
Just saw the e-mail (went to spam folder for some reason) and the new case looks amazing. Hope things run more smoothly for you this time around, Alex. I'll be grabbing one once available. ☺️

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
The new case is going to be a completely different beast from MJOLNIR, used stainless steel for the core this time to make it a LOT more robust. Also that unibody without panels is going to be something to behold 🔥 NANOQ is "polar bear" in the Greenlandic language, but we figured that most people would say "NANO-Q" which sounds just as epic and fits the theme of SFF 🙌

We’ve compiled a list of GPUs on the website (which you may have seen now), luckily it looks like there are still a decent chunk of GPUs that fit the 11L as well. Apart from the FE card it looks like the RTX 4090 VENTUS 3X OC also fits. There more for the 4080 and quite a lot for the 4070 and AMD cards.

As for the riser, everywhere I check it is full 4.0. The official ADT-link themselves have confirmed this to me as well. However; we'll fully tests them soon and if there are any issues, we’ll look for alternatives.
good luck! I will probably sit this one out and see what changes have been implemented with the workflow.

Reactions: protoMario

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

Dare I ask how it went today?

Quigonjinn

Caliper Novice
May 8, 2023
Someone mentioned the new case in the discord and I went to the site. It reminded me of apple’s post product announcement site and it was quite annoying. At least with apple you already know what’s out e.g. the next iteration of their iStuff and they can just show us flashy PR stuff. But for something like a new SFF case the site is a complete mismatch.
It’s as if whoever made your NANOQ site doesn’t know who your target audience is. Such a terrible site to inform potential customers about a new product.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Someone mentioned the new case in the discord and I went to the site. It reminded me of apple’s post product announcement site and it was quite annoying. At least with apple you already know what’s out e.g. the next iteration of their iStuff and they can just show us flashy PR stuff. But for something like a new SFF case the site is a complete mismatch.
It’s as if whoever made your NANOQ site doesn’t know who your target audience is. Such a terrible site to inform potential customers about a new product.

We’ll be sharing lots of info and new pics over the comings days/weeks and really get into the weeds and details. Your questions will be answered and then there will of course also be reviews.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r