• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Ninogan

Efficiency Noob
Apr 8, 2023
The can be changed through software for your motherboard. For example, ROG STRIX motherboards can change LEDs through Armoury Crate. What motherboard do you have?

I have ASUS B550-I and I found out that I can change it in the Armory Crate Software. However in the Aura Sync settings I can only change the frequency of how much it blinks but I cannot change the color, it is stuck on red. What could cause that?

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I have ASUS B550-I and I found out that I can change it in the Armory Crate Software. However in the Aura Sync settings I can only change the frequency of how much it blinks but I cannot change the color, it is stuck on red. What could cause that?

Can you change the color in armoury crate?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Ah, sorry I wasn't clear enough there but the settings for the rgb in Armory Crate is called Aura Sync and I can successfully change frequency of the blinking but colors won't change when I try.

Please a screenshot of where you change the frequency as well as a picture of the RGB header the Godrays are connected to :)

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone I was thinking about replacing the ssd bracket with a 2nd thin rad. The problem is I'll need to slightly modify the case. I was curious if you had any tips to mimic the finish.

Hmm, maybe a matching cerakote? At least I highly advice against re-anodizing, too many variables and will make the surface rough as well as totally different shade. If you ask me I'm not very fond of powder coating either, IMO it produces a thick, plasticky and orange-peeled coat. So maybe cerakote, never tried it myself but looks very nice from pictures.

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
Wait so what is the official stance on the PCIE4.0 riser @AlexTzone - Give me something to work with here. Is your official stance that if you bought the additional PCIE4 riser you have a *chance* it may work in PCIE4, and if it doesn't you are able to reliably enable PCIE3 mode on it.

I definitely would not have bought it if that was the product description at the time. Unless I'm mistaken that's a pretty accurate description of it, currently? Happy to be corrected. Mine is completely unworkable in PCIE4 mode, my hardware is very standard and likely what most people here are using (EG: 3080 XC3 and a Gigabyte ITX mobo + Corsair 750W)

Reactions: Shinken1 and PoneG

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Is your official stance that if you bought the additional PCIE4 riser you have a *chance* it may work in PCIE4, and if it doesn't you are able to reliably enable PCIE3 mode on it.
No the official stance is "it is not full PCIE4.0, however if you leave everything as normal, at least your machine will POST normal" because if you had the original PCIE3.0 cable from the KS days + Batch 1/2, you wouldn't have been to past boot. the solution was to switch down your PCIE (take all RTX30xx series). which was confirmed.

If you get a performance boost out of it, then good for ya. but not these PCIE are not the full version of what It can be and the current stance was during that time when it was chosen, this was it.

you can check

and there are more from @riba2233 that explained what is a true riser 4.0 was as here:

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
No the official stance is "it is not full PCIE4.0, however if you leave everything as normal, at least your machine will POST normal" because if you had the original PCIE3.0 cable from the KS days + Batch 1/2, you wouldn't have been to past boot. the solution was to switch down your PCIE (take all RTX30xx series). which was confirmed.

If you get a performance boost out of it, then good for ya. but not these PCIE are not the full version of what It can be and the current stance was during that time when it was chosen, this was it.

you can check

and there are more from @riba2233 that explained what is a true riser 4.0 was as here:
I understand that is the reality of it yes, but it wasn't what I was asking.

I was asking if that was now the official pitch for the product, and if that was also the original pitch for the product - because it did not seem to be when it was released for purchase.

Reactions: Shinken1

OshanTama

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2021
With only 1000 packages and shipping for 6 months, you are not even keeping your word. where is the list?

If it bothers you, give up the business. What you are doing is a business, not a hobby. You can't even live up to your own words, and you're going to improve your business? huh?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
With only 1000 packages and shipping for 6 months, you are not even keeping your word. where is the list?

If it bothers you, give up the business. What you are doing is a business, not a hobby. You can't even live up to your own words, and you're going to improve your business? huh?

I completely agree but it’s to late to considerably improve the last stage of this project, after the final shipment is sent (the one we are preparing now) all remaining orders and replacement parts will have been shipped and the project finished. If additional replacements parts are needed to be sent after this, there will be one more smaller shipment.

We have moved “improving” resources to our upcoming projects, as doing better from the first batch is the only way to do it properly.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
I completely agree but it’s to late to considerably improve the last stage of this project, after the final shipment is sent (the one we are preparing now) all remaining orders and replacement parts will have been shipped and the project finished. If additional replacements parts are needed to be sent after this, there will be one more smaller shipment.

We have moved “improving” resources to our upcoming projects, as doing better from the first batch is the only way to do it properly.
You've been "preparing" the final shipment since mid-April, what is the outlook on this? How many steps are there until tracking numbers are issued to people?

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
I completely agree but it’s to late to considerably improve the last stage of this project,
I dont think it is about improvement, the question was "where is the update on the sheet to allow the clients to know they are in queue for the last shipment"
or are you saying you won't be doing this anymore and you are asking everyone to just wait for a tracking number that will eventually come.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
You've been "preparing" the final shipment since mid-April, what is the outlook on this? How many steps are there until tracking numbers are issued to people?

1. Finish packaging (still waiting to know when this is finished at the fac)
2. Send to freight forwarder (1 day)
3. Let them send the products and sort the tracking numbers (3-4 days)
4. Email the tracking numbers to you (1-2 days)

I dont think it is about improvement, the question was "where is the update on the sheet to allow the clients to know they are in queue for the last shipment"
or are you saying you won't be doing this anymore and you are asking everyone to just wait for a tracking number that will eventually come.

I simply mean that those lists don’t have purpose anymore since all remaining orders and replacement parts will be sent now. So if the list was uploaded all orders there would simply be marked as “queued”.

Reactions: For_Science

OshanTama

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2021

I simply mean that those lists don’t have purpose anymore since all remaining orders and replacement parts will be sent now. So if the list was uploaded all orders there would simply be marked as “queued”.
You told me almost two years ago, 'be able to get all replacement parts out real soon, approximately beginning of August'.

How can I trust you when you can't even keep the word you spit out? I should at least check if I'm on the list to put my mind at ease. Don't decide on your own whether a list has a purpose or not.

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
I understand that is the reality of it yes, but it wasn't what I was asking.

I was asking if that was now the official pitch for the product, and if that was also the original pitch for the product - because it did not seem to be when it was released for purchase.

Hey Alex I'm definitely not as critical of you as some people here are but this is kind of annoying me that you are so obviously just avoiding my genuine question about the stated purpose of the PCIE4 riser. Could you provide me an answer, please?

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey Alex I'm definitely not as critical of you as some people here are but this is kind of annoying me that you are so obviously just avoiding my genuine question about the stated purpose of the PCIE4 riser. Could you provide me an answer, please?

The official stand is that we got the best PCIe riser for that price at that time. 4.0 is achievable but as also dependent on which hardware you have, some configs have no issues running at 4.0 while others will have stability issues. There were other risers out there that were much more expensive (4-5x the price) and would have less* stability issues across more configs, but likewise would have cost you guys 4-5x more.

@DASBOOT explained compatibility in more details a few pages back.

Now if the risers that are available from ADT today existed at the time of pre-orders, we would have sold those instead as they are stable across more platforms. The cost would have been roughly 2x of what the pre-orders were at that time. Again, these new 50 USD risers are still probably not as good as the risers for 100 USD, but that is to be expected.

Tech is improving and new hardware is coming out, which is likely to create stability issues when paired with older riser tech. What I'm saying is that it's possible that PCIe 5.0 risers that are sold today may run into similar stability issues as new PCIe 5.0 hardware comes out.

Last edited:
  • Haha