Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
Hello again,
I was promised a swap on the fourth of february, but since then there has been radio silence from alex in the private conversation and my multiple emails with enquiries have been ignored. Please end this topic as soon as possible. I no longer have the nerve to think about mjolnir.

Last edited:

VictorNg

Trash Compacter
Oct 14, 2019
May I know what's the planned schedule for this "last shipment"... again. ?? Hope its not 2-3 months down the road.

My Borg was ordered back mid Dec 2021... and replacement parts were informed to you way back in July 2021.

Its almost April 2023. Just 3 months short of 2 years waiting for replacement parts and 16 months wait for Borg.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
May I know what's the planned schedule for this "last shipment"... again. ?? Hope its not 2-3 months down the road.

My Borg was ordered back mid Dec 2021... and replacement parts were informed to you way back in July 2021.

Its almost April 2023. Just 3 months short of 2 years waiting for replacement parts and 16 months wait for Borg.

We are preparing the last shipment already, i.e. packing it. I'm going to guess 2-weeks because it's so messy and non-standard given all the different replacement parts.

Reactions: ArkImpulse

jhuylebroeck

Cable Smoosher
Nov 26, 2019
I'm sorry @AlexTzone, but it's frankly unacceptable. Sure, you might get PCIe 4.0 speeds reliably most of the time, but I need it to be guaranteed all the time also when I decide to change my GPU to a different model, or when I transition to PCIe 5.0 GPU in let's say 5 years, and am willing to accept dropping down 1 notch, not two. You already delivered a riser that was PCIe 3.0, I paid extra to get a guaranteed extra, fully PCIe 4.0 compliant riser. No guarantee? Then I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask for a reimbursement.

Last edited:

Ekynox360

Efficiency Noob
Dec 27, 2021
Dealing with the problems encountered by your customers @AlexTzone is pure amateurism. We understand that you are a small team, but when you start a business like this, you must have a plan for dealing with customer issues : having spare parts in stock for quick replacement, setting aside money for refunds, having a dedicated team for warranty management. You don't respond to emails and when you do, it's in dribs and drabs.

Like @PoneG and others, I received punctured mesh. I reported the problem as soon as I received my package on 24 January 2023. I have not received any refund despite an agreement from you.

And now, what do I learn by reading this thread? That the riser does not fully support the PCIe-4 specification. So you are falsely advertising on your site. You can justify yourself in every way, you are responsible for the quality of the products you deliver to your customers.

For aggrieved European customers, here are some links that might be helpful:

The more it goes on, the more I want to ask for a full refund with the material returned at your expense for non-conformity. I reserve the right to open a legal file with the European authority concerned.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Dealing with the problems encountered by your customers @AlexTzone is pure amateurism. We understand that you are a small team, but when you start a business like this, you must have a plan for dealing with customer issues : having spare parts in stock for quick replacement, setting aside money for refunds, having a dedicated team for warranty management. You don't respond to emails and when you do, it's in dribs and drabs.

Like @PoneG and others, I received punctured mesh. I reported the problem as soon as I received my package on 24 January 2023. I have not received any refund despite an agreement from you.

And now, what do I learn by reading this thread? That the riser does not fully support the PCIe-4 specification. So you are falsely advertising on your site. You can justify yourself in every way, you are responsible for the quality of the products you deliver to your customers.

For aggrieved European customers, here are some links that might be helpful:

The more it goes on, the more I want to ask for a full refund with the material returned at your expense for non-conformity. I reserve the right to open a legal file with the European authority concerned.

If your order is #2811-B2 we have already issued the partial refund, please check your email.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
This is not true. I have not received any refund.

The funds have left our account and the refund is in processing, some in a couple of days you will see it on your account. Maybe has taken more time due to easter holidays, but it's no longer under our control.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017

Ekynox360,​

Before you rant about PCIe 4.0 Risers you need to do a good bit of research, (WHICH YOU HAVE NOT), instead of depending on written specs provided by the secondary supplier from the manufacturers. This is a known problem that PCIE 4.0 riser cards work on specific cards, intermittently on certain boards, and at times do not function at PCIE 4.0 and only at slower speeds. True ADT cables (not fake cables provided on Ali Express at times) are the closest to a guarantee but all other brands are Russian Roulet including Loque's cable. Some board manufacturers actually have riser cable settings to accommodate problem cables such as Asrock. This is a notice to ALL Builders: You should always prebuild your machines on a test bench or on a suitable cardboard box support. You should check the functionality of all components and ALL USB ports before moving your boards to your case. More often than not there are bent pins in a CPU socket from sellers, and Non-functioning ports. I just purchased a brand new Z590 iTX board the main NVMe m.2 slot would not recognize 3 different brands of test drives, in fact, no drive, and only the slot on the bottom of the board worked. I guess I should be complaining about false advertising to Asrock. This would get me nowhere with a non-functioning port. If you had listed your components, maybe someone here could determine better cable options for your board and GPU combo or whether ANYTHING at all will work.

• Haha
Reactions: Shinken1

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
I received a questionable email and was curious if it's related to this...

Code:
Track Trace
Your package is being held at our distribution center due to lack of postage.
As soon as the postage has been paid, we will be able to deliver the package
and you can collect it. To pay the shipping cost please go to the next page ,
this should be done as soon as possible as the package will be returned to
sender if we do not receive your payment within 48 hours.

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I received a questionable email and was curious if it's related to this...

Code:
Track Trace
Your package is being held at our distribution center due to lack of postage.
As soon as the postage has been paid, we will be able to deliver the package
and you can collect it. To pay the shipping cost please go to the next page ,
this should be done as soon as possible as the package will be returned to
sender if we do not receive your payment within 48 hours.

Sending out tracking numbers now, so please keep an eye on your email today. Most likely the above is legit but it’s best to wait for the tracking number to know for sure.

rudy44

Average Stuffer
Aug 31, 2017
@AlexTzone , I've dropped you guys another email reminder that I'll be moving between 14th and 20th April and will need an address change should the package be arriving anytime after this week.

It might be best to delay my shipment to May to ensure it does not get returned as I will not be around to receive it.

Ninogan

Efficiency Noob
Apr 8, 2023
I'm trying to help my friend who owns the Mjolnir from the first kickstarter batch. His came with a Gen 3 riser cable and he just updated his bios which reset the settings in BIOS that allowed him to boot. I guess he could just take out everything, plug the gpu into the motherboard and fire up the BIOS and fix the setting but it might be time to just get a Gen 4 riser cable. Does Thorzone sell these or send them out to their customers? We couldn't find anything on the site.

If he is to pick one up at the store what dimensions would be best to make it fit? Searching around the net I couldn't find much info about the best length for a mjolnir riser.

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
Sending out tracking numbers now, so please keep an eye on your email today. Most likely the above is legit but it’s best to wait for the tracking number to know for sure.
If it was it; it's being returned to sender for not making the payment in time. This is the one time I'm hoping something was a scam lol

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I'm trying to help my friend who owns the Mjolnir from the first kickstarter batch. His came with a Gen 3 riser cable and he just updated his bios which reset the settings in BIOS that allowed him to boot. I guess he could just take out everything, plug the gpu into the motherboard and fire up the BIOS and fix the setting but it might be time to just get a Gen 4 riser cable. Does Thorzone sell these or send them out to their customers? We couldn't find anything on the site.

If he is to pick one up at the store what dimensions would be best to make it fit? Searching around the net I couldn't find much info about the best length for a mjolnir riser.
20cm in length, double reverse connectors. This one will suffice.

Reactions: rfarmer

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
If it was it; it's being returned to sender for not making the payment in time. This is the one time I'm hoping something was a scam lol

Usually our freight forwarder tells us when someone hasn't made their payment and urges us to tell them to do so. I've not heard anything from her yet so I think the above may indeed be a scam. Anyways, have sent out a bunch of tracking numbers now, 3/4 to go!

Thank you so much!

We use double-reversed 18.5cm cable's for MJOLNIR, to ensure the cable doesn't get nicked. This is for the ADT-cable we use, maybe the Linkup one has different dimensions. So if you go for 20cm it will work but be careful when closing up the case so the riser doesn't get nicked. Or go for 19cm.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I'm kind of curious of the riser cables, we've designed our own a while back specifically for PCIe 4.0, followed all specification rigorously (trace width, trace lengths, spacing, etc etc) and even set things up with our electronics producers. I remember that we put the project on ice because we couldn't find suitable cables to use together with our PCBs. Would be interesting to find some good cables with great signal-integrity and prototype a bunch of them for testing, so by the off chance that somebody here is a cable-enthusiast please let me know where I can find and ordered a couple of such cables. I'm talking about the cables running between both PCBs on a gen 4.0 riser cable, not the whole riser.

Another concern with making our own riser is that the cables must be manually soldered to the PCBs. This is how it's done on Louqe's riser as far as I remember. This adds to the costs but more importantly introduces the risk of human error. I have no idea if ADT also manually solders their cables or if it's done by machine.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
This is not true. I have not received any refund.
Refunds are usually 2-3 business days depending on the issuing bank. It was Good Friday when Alex made the response so I would say give it a week (Easter Monday is also a holiday so banking might take a few).

I think for some odd reason taking money is always an instant process with processors and refunding requires so many check-balance I never figured why.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Refunds are usually 2-3 business days depending on the issuing bank. It was Good Friday when Alex made the response so I would say give it a week (Easter Monday is also a holiday so banking might take a few).

I think for some odd reason taking money is always an instant process with processors and refunding requires so many check-balance I never figured why.

Yeah, indeed strange. In Sweden we have swish, which is instant for both purchases and refunds (regardless if the banks are closed). This is super nice and I hope more countries adapt similar methods.