• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
Link to buy didn't work for some reason. But you can see it here.

Nice! Thanks. I just assumed it was another Thor Zone exclusive product.

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
I have ordered a set of cables. The customer service is great, questions are answered after a few minutes via chat on the website. Pexon are a small team, so my wait for the cables to arrive was set at about a month. That should also be the time (hopefully) that the mjolnir case arrives. The two together should fit very well without anyone needing expertise in cable management. I hope the airflow is improved as well of course. Currently I have a Fractal Design Era ITX (hottest hotbox ever), which until recently was still running with an APU and has now been rebuilt by me a bit, so that the new GPU also has some room to breathe.
What question still arises to me about the Borg is:
In which direction do I have to put the fan of the booster cell so that the computer is cooled as best as possible? I was thinking of blowing out, so all fans except the GPU would be turned towards it. Since the Booser Cell with the Borg is the highest point it makes sense to me. Possibly someone here has experience.

• Love
Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
I have ordered a set of cables. The customer service is great, questions are answered after a few minutes via chat on the website. Pexon are a small team, so my wait for the cables to arrive was set at about a month. That should also be the time (hopefully) that the mjolnir case arrives. The two together should fit very well without anyone needing expertise in cable management. I hope the airflow is improved as well of course. Currently I have a Fractal Design Era ITX (hottest hotbox ever), which until recently was still running with an APU and has now been rebuilt by me a bit, so that the new GPU also has some room to breathe.
What question still arises to me about the Borg is:
In which direction do I have to put the fan of the booster cell so that the computer is cooled as best as possible? I was thinking of blowing out, so all fans except the GPU would be turned towards it. Since the Booser Cell with the Borg is the highest point it makes sense to me. Possibly someone here has experience.
In my experience the Booster Cell should be set to exhaust, especially if you have an open-air GPU like most of us have :)

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
In my experience the Booster Cell should be set to exhaust, especially if you have an open-air GPU like most of us have :)
Thank you Alex. That's how I will do it. If you can still answer this question. Pexon wants from me the cable length of the gpu cable...unfortunately, the case is not yet there. here I would not like to disassemble everything again as soon as the cables are there. I have an amd rx6800 and would turn the psu so that the cables do not hang on the aio fan. in your pdf to the cable length is a maximum length of 9cm and a total length of 65.5 cm. can I take over or do I have to wait for mjolnir to be on the safe side? thanks already ;)

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Hi guys, production update! Sheet metal, fasteners, etc are finishing up and will be heading over to our assembly factory some time next week. Electronics are on track for the last week of June.

However, the Shells (and BORG shells) are taking longer than expected so there’s a risk we’ll be delayed again, but hopefully a shorter one (materials for the extrusions took long time to get delivered, I think they came from a region that was affect by the lockdowns…sigh).

I’m starting to wonder if there’s going to be any time during my lifetime when we can just produce stuff without anything else going on to prevent things from going smoothly.

I’ll be back with pics in the coming 2 weeks :)
How's it going? Did you manage to get any pics from the factory?

EPA

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 27, 2021
Hi Alex,
I only ordered the PCIE 4 riser cable in December, but have not received any update on the estimated date of delivery. I wouldn't expect that this simple part should take such a long time to fabricate as currently there are multiple vendors selling these, so why are these taking so long?

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
@AlexTzone Can we get a new rough estimate on when to expect shipments to be?

I was also curious how much of this you're doing yourself. Judging by how many plates I see in the bins it looks like it could easily be a daunting task to keep up with everything.

btree123

Caliper Novice
Apr 28, 2021
Hi Alex,
I only ordered the PCIE 4 riser cable in December, but have not received any update on the estimated date of delivery. I wouldn't expect that this simple part should take such a long time to fabricate as currently there are multiple vendors selling these, so why are these taking so long?
Hi Alex I've also posted a few times regarding this, it's a little frustrating to see it not being addressed! I know you're super busy but could you please provide us with some reassurance. Cheers

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
Same than others, ordered pcie 4 cable in december. Then I asked in february a refund cause I no longer use the Mjolnir and they told me « we can’t refund, it’s already in production ». July (SEVEN f***ing months) and still nothing. Just cut the bs and tell us the truth. I know you guys were incompetent with ETA and I stayed really chill, but right now I am really pissed. Idk, just cancel my order but you have to stop this.

OshanTama

Cable Smoosher
May 21, 2021
Received a product with manufacturing defects. It has been over a year since I received an email that you would solve the problem, but I am very disappointed that no action has been taken yet.

• Wow
Reactions: runsamok and Acen

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
I was also curious how much of this you're doing yourself. Judging by how many plates I see in the bins it looks like it could easily be a daunting task to keep up with everything.

Alex is in Sweden & the cases are made in China. He's not directly involved in any part of production, which given his response time & customer service acumen is likely a very good thing.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
@AlexTzone Can we get a new rough estimate on when to expect shipments to be?

We're shortly about to send all the parts to the anodizing factory for final bead blasting, polishing and anodizing. Then the assembly process will finish it up. The anodizing can take 15-30 business days and assembly about 2 weeks based on past experience. This new batch will be beautiful quality wise, but it has been hard to manage because we needed several pre-orders to reach appropriate quantity, then came a bunch of stuff in China (the zero-covid) that slowed us down more. However, it's all coming together :)

I don't work in the factory myself; I handle the logistics between the different factories (for our parts), engineer the parts that need to be created and other similar stuff. We've done and shipped a couple thousands of MJOLNIRs thus far so it's a very straight forward process now as long as everything can operate normally.

Hi Alex I've also posted a few times regarding this, it's a little frustrating to see it not being addressed! I know you're super busy but could you please provide us with some reassurance. Cheers

For the Risers, basically like for the rest of this batch, we had to open the pre-orders a few times (after Jay and then after Linus) to get enough quantity where these prices we promised you became possible. So we've placed the riser order now and it should arrive to our factory in the coming 1-2 weeks, after which we'll ship all these in 1 go.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Received a product with manufacturing defects. It has been over a year since I received an email that you would solve the problem, but I am very disappointed that no action has been taken yet.
Very sorry it has taken such a long time, we will fix your issue. Everyone with problems from earlier batches has been parts of this new batch, so anybody with broken panels, glass, electronics or similar is going to receive their replacements when this batch is ready for shipping.

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
For the Risers, basically like for the rest of this batch, we had to open the pre-orders a few times (after Jay and then after Linus) to get enough quantity where these prices we promised you became possible. So we've placed the riser order now and it should arrive to our factory in the coming 1-2 weeks, after which we'll ship all these in 1 go.
Why not buy enough risers for the desired price before ?

Instead you make people who preordered in December wait 8 months to get a single riser.

People who btw had to wait years before having their cases.

People who supported you since day 1 and made all of this happen.

Is it really how you treat us ?

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
Why not buy enough risers for the desired price before ?

Instead you make people who preordered in December wait 8 months to get a single riser.

People who btw had to wait years before having their cases.

People who supported you since day 1 and made all of this happen.

Is it really how you treat us ?

I mean, it's kind of on us for buying back in after the experience(s) we had. I knew that there was no way they'd make the deadline they originally set when I paid for my upgrades 200+ days ago, yet I bought in. I knew Alex/TZ was terrible with communication & yet I bought in. I knew there's a high chance the products will not be 100% as described & sold, but I bought in.

Judging from the previous batches I'd say we're a month or more (on top of Alex's estimate above) away from beginning shipping & thanks to their inability to ship more than one color of SKUs at a time, it could be another month or more until a given order hits the shipping service & who knows how long they'll take to get things into the hands of customers. I know I paid 42 Euros for shipping so it SHOULD be sent express, but my case was also supposed to have tempered glass & we all know how that turned out.

Last edited:
Reactions: RE4MATT3D and Acen

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
I mean, it's kind of on us for buying back in after the experience(s) we had. I knew that there was no way they'd make the deadline they originally set when I paid for my upgrades 200+ days ago, yet I bought in. I knew Alex/TZ was terrible with communication & yet I bought in. I knew there's a high chance the products will not be 100% as described & sold, but I bought in.

Judging from the previous batches I'd say we're a month or more (on top of Alex's estimate above) away from beginning shipping & thanks to their inability to ship more than one color of SKUs at a time, it could be another month or more until a given order hits the shipping service & who knows how long they'll take to get things into the hands of customers. I know I paid 42 Euros for shipping so it SHOULD be sent express, but my case was also supposed to have tempered glass & we all know how that turned out.
Indeed. That’s why I wanted a refund but it was too late.

Now I know that they are still bad, they won’t improve and they will keep lying about ETA because they have no idea of what they’re doing.

It’s hard to tell this but it‘s sadly the truth.

Gambit2K

Efficiency Noob
Sep 11, 2019
Hi @AlexTzone

What about the the Borg? I was told that they would be delivered in April back in February ☹️

• Haha
Reactions: Acen