• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
What is a replacement and compatible riser cable for this caes? Seems my case has a bad riser cable. GPU boots normally when plugged directly into motherboard, when inside the case with riser cable, the post hangs and sits with spinning fans. And how the hell do you remove the torx screws on the riser to move it from the case, they're crazy tight and I don't want to strip them. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
What is a replacement and compatible riser cable for this caes? Seems my case has a bad riser cable. GPU boots normally when plugged directly into motherboard, when inside the case with riser cable, the post hangs and sits with spinning fans. And how the hell do you remove the torx screws on the riser to move it from the case, they're crazy tight and I don't want to strip them. Any help would be appreciated.
I have been using this riser for over a year now in my Mjolnir:
My preference is to more slack on the riser cable, I dont like them super tight.
As far as the torx screws go, mine came off no problem

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
I have been using this riser for over a year now in my Mjolnir:
My preference is to more slack on the riser cable, I dont like them super tight.
As far as the torx screws go, mine came off no problem

I ended up getting it off. Does anyone know the specs of the riser cable in the case? Is it 200mm/right angle?

I'm thinking it might be a bios setting because the riser cable has a QC pass sticker. Is there a way to tell which gen riser you have 3 or 4?

Edit: I had a Gen 3 riser, with a Gen 4 card. Setting it to Gen 3 in bios fixed me up. No faulty riser.

Last edited:

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
Thank you Alex. That's how I will do it. If you can still answer this question. Pexon wants from me the cable length of the gpu cable...unfortunately, the case is not yet there. here I would not like to disassemble everything again as soon as the cables are there. I have an amd rx6800 and would turn the psu so that the cables do not hang on the aio fan. in your pdf to the cable length is a maximum length of 9cm and a total length of 65.5 cm. can I take over or do I have to wait for mjolnir to be on the safe side? thanks already ;)
The cables just arrived today with tasty goodies. I dont have the mjolnir case yet but the cables length was just right for my current rig. cpu and motherboard cables work like a charm and look good. unfortunately the computer wont start with the gpu cables installed...back with the original cables everything is fine. damn. but im in touch with pexon and they will send new ones.

Last edited:

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Of course, about 2 weeks prior to shipping everyone will get an email asking the to confirm their new address (like during the previous batches).
speaking of which, how are we looking for the riser and and assembly date - what are your new round of estimate?

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
@AlexTzone I'm still waiting for a replacement O2 panel since one of mine arrived with the mesh damaged. I'm also awaiting the Gen4 riser.. I'm very curious what your logistics plan is for replacement parts and add-ons.. Will I be waiting until all new orders of Mjolnir and Borgs are ready? Perhaps even after those are shipped? I understand the frame of the O2 panel needs to be anodized, and all anodized parts are done together, in color batches, but I hope once a completed stealth O2 panel and Gen4 riser become available, they ship. I'd settle for just the mesh if it speeds things up since that's all that was damaged.

I saw your latest tweet on Aug 16th that magnets are on their way to the factory. Not knowing how far along the process is, or when in said process the magnets are needed, it definitely feel like they should have been at the factory way earlier than you tweeted.. I would have had all materials at the factory at the start of the batch, but I digress..
I do have a question about the magnets, and the above mentioned replacement O2 panel.. will the replacement panel have the same magnet configuration? I know you increased the side panel magnet count but wasn't sure if you added any to the O2 panel. Just want to make sure it'll be compatible with my shell.

I could have bought a 3rd party Gen4 riser but I opted to stick with ThorZone.. I never anticipated such a delay on something as small as a cable. Sadly, that will be my last purchase from ThorZone until these delays are a thing of the past.. To me, transparency and prioritization (not to be read as favoritism) go a long way into keeping me as a happy customer. I understood when I was waiting for a full product and you hadn't shipped a single completed product to date, but now that I'm waiting on the replacement of a defective part and a simple cable, there's no justification for these kinds of delays. There's no reason either of these items should wait for the completion of the whole batch before they ship out..

Maybe I'm making assumptions about your processes, but in the absence of information, what else is there?

Reactions: ARC1T3CT

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
There's no reason either of these items should wait for the completion of the whole batch before they ship out..

Maybe I'm making assumptions about your processes, but in the absence of information, what else is there?

It's because TZ misrepresented the price of the cables & couldn't actually get enough people together to get a price break big enough to make the deal actually work, delaying the actual order from their supplier until AFTER the timeframe customers were supposed to be seeing their cables in-hand.

This is straight from Alex:

For the Risers, basically like for the rest of this batch, we had to open the pre-orders a few times (after Jay and then after Linus) to get enough quantity where these prices we promised you became possible. So we've placed the riser order now and it should arrive to our factory in the coming 1-2 weeks, after which we'll ship all these in 1 go.

The pinned tweet on ThorZone's twitter about Linus' comments is from the very end of April, the same timeframe I was told I would get what I paid for...

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
It's because TZ misrepresented the price of the cables & couldn't actually get enough people together to get a price break big enough to make the deal actually work, delaying the actual order from their supplier until AFTER the timeframe customers were supposed to be seeing their cables in-hand.

This is straight from Alex:

The pinned tweet on ThorZone's twitter about Linus' comments is from the very end of April, the same timeframe I was told I would get what I paid for...
So they were due into the factory by Mid July. My point is that they shouldn't wait until the cases and borgs are completed to ship the "Riser only" orders.. but we'll see what happens, since it's almost September and they haven't shipped yet.

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
So they were due into the factory by Mid July. My point is that they shouldn't wait until the cases and borgs are completed to ship the "Riser only" orders.. but we'll see what happens, since it's almost September and they haven't shipped yet.

It's not like Alex has the risers in-hand. They're in China in the hands of the same people who've taken months & months to ship out a couple hundred cases. All one color at a time because trying to juggle more than that is just toooooo confusing & prone to errors.

Reactions: Shinken1

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
i found thorzone at the beginning of this year, so i don't have as much experience with them as the backers of kickstarter. the case is really nice and would fit very well to my current and future setting, that's why i ordered it. however, i have gained experience in kickstarter, even though all providers i bought something from couldn't keep their delivery times, there were at least always comprehensible updates on the current status.
this makes it incredibly difficult for me to trust Thorzone. kickstarter is over. the weekly updates don't work or are only vague statements with pictures that could also be from the last production. there is no proof here that things are really progressing and, for example, statements about how many cases are being completed daily. it only says "some".
of course it is difficult at the moment because of the situation in the whole world, of course you have to adjust the costs, but you also have to keep your stakeholders informed. really informed.
i can only refer to the very few videos or posts about the mjolnir case. the kickstarter community has also had to wait an extremely long time, and the few who have written something about it at least give me hope by writing that the case is great. except for the flaws that haven't been fixed yet. so i'm still sitting here, like the rest of the buyers, waiting for a sign of life. if we're informed 2 weeks before shipment, at least we know that it will be there in 1-2 months...or we can pick it up at customs for a fee.
thorzone really needs to change its business model here. sometimes i wonder what the employees actually do. do they prefer to work on new projects instead of supporting the current ones? at least they always say they are busy.
this is not meant to be a hate post. just one that expresses my complete lack of understanding for a company. there are business coaches who can help here.

btw, we got the last promised weekly update here at the beginning of august.

Last edited:

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
i found thorzone at the beginning of this year, so i don't have as much experience with them as the backers of kickstarter. the case is really nice and would fit very well to my current and future setting, that's why i ordered it. however, i have gained experience in kickstarter, even though all providers i bought something from couldn't keep their delivery times, there were at least always comprehensible updates on the current status.
this makes it incredibly difficult for me to trust Thorzone. kickstarter is over. the weekly updates don't work or are only vague statements with pictures that could also be from the last production. there is no proof here that things are really progressing and, for example, statements about how many cases are being completed daily. it only says "some".
of course it is difficult at the moment because of the situation in the whole world, of course you have to adjust the costs, but you also have to keep your stakeholders informed. really informed.
i can only refer to the very few videos or posts about the mjolnir case. the kickstarter community has also had to wait an extremely long time, and the few who have written something about it at least give me hope by writing that the case is great. except for the flaws that haven't been fixed yet. so i'm still sitting here, like the rest of the buyers, waiting for a sign of life. if we're informed 2 weeks before shipment, at least we know that it will be there in 1-2 months...or we can pick it up at customs for a fee.
thorzone really needs to change its business model here. sometimes i wonder what the employees actually do. do they prefer to work on new projects instead of supporting the current ones? at least they always say they are busy.
this is not meant to be a hate post. just one that expresses my complete lack of understanding for a company. there are business coaches who can help here.

btw, we got the last promised weekly update here at the beginning of august.

All production photos are of course from the current batch, otherwise it would be deeply misleading and fraudulent, we have never done so in the past and will never do so in the future. There will be an update shortly again as more stuff has arrived back from the anodizing factory, as well as electronics. Regarding how many cases are completed each day - first we get all finished parts (roughly 90% done) and then we assemble all cases (stealth first, then dark, then steel color). Assembly is usually a pretty fast process since we're not depending on any more parts or other factories at that stage. Then we ship them in chunks (stealth first, then dark, then steel), it has worked in the past and we have never sent out the wrong color to anyone. We're also thinking about shipping more than one color at a time now because our shipping agent has experience with these cases now and they do the sorting very well.

Once this batch is shipped (which also includes all replacement parts for previous bathes) we'll go over how it's best to continue developing, producing and shipping products in the future...because you're truly correct, the current way we do it is frustrating for you guys and way to slow / inefficient.

Regarding the updates, we're posting primarily on Twitter. The latest was August 17:th.

Last edited:

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
All production photos are of course from the current batch, otherwise it would be deeply misleading and fraudulent, we have never done so in the past and will never do so in the future. There will be an update shortly again as more stuff has arrived back from the anodizing factory, as well as electronics. Regarding how many cases are completed each day - first we get all finished parts (roughly 90% done) and then we assemble all cases (stealth first, then dark, then steel color). Assembly is usually a pretty fast process since we're not depending on any more parts or other factories at that stage. Then we ship them in chunks (stealth first, then dark, then steel), it has worked in the past and we have never sent out the wrong color to anyone. We're also thinking about shipping more than one color at a time now because our shipping agent has experience with these cases now and they do the sorting very well.

Once this batch is shipped (which also includes all replacement parts for previous bathes) we'll go over how it's best to continue developing, producing and shipping products in the future...because you're truly correct, the current way we do it is frustrating for you guys and way to slow / inefficient.

Regarding the updates, we're posting primarily on Twitter. The latest was August 17:th.
I like to leave a "thank you" here. A quick an pleasant to read reply. Made me calm down. Was alittle frustrated here. Keep going

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
New update again:
This time it’s electronic components, final piece of the puzzle. Once they arrive we’ll do final assembly and packaging — then, finally, shipping :)

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
New update again:
This time it’s electronic components, final piece of the puzzle. Once they arrive we’ll do final assembly and packaging — then, finally, shipping :)
@AlexTzone Will risers ship as soon as they reach the main factory? Or are you waiting until the cases are done so you can ship everything at once?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
New update again:
Really cool seeing pictures of the bare pcbs! Are the SMD's (LED's, connectors, resistors, etc) hand soldered or is it done by machine?