• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
So you're like 5+ months behind schedule at this point & zero communication to buyers outside of this forum thread? Products that were meant to be delivered three months ago are still being CNCed now!?

How have you gotten even WORSE with customer service, fulfilment & communication since the Kickstarter!?

• Haha
Reactions: Acen

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
Despite the delays and lackluster communication; as far as I can tell Alex is committed to pushing these orders out. While it's not ideal; I believe we're still in a better situation than most kickstarters.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Despite the delays and lackluster communication; as far as I can tell Alex is committed to pushing these orders out. While it's not ideal; I believe we're still in a better situation than most kickstarters.

Thank you for believing in us, really heartwarming to hear! Before we move on past MJOLNIR we're going to re-group a bit and fix some obvious flaws (mainly communication, support and production timelines), as I can see that we're designing some pretty mind-blowing stuff behind the scenes but it's important that this time it's not only about making a solid product (but also having a solid business structure supporting it). I also need a vacation after this batch, it's been 3 years since the last time I didn't think about work. But it's hard to stop, just want to develop the new stuff.

Looking good, thanks for the update!

Will these have the improved tolerances and magnets that were mentioned in the LTT video?

Of course, all of those are part of this batch 😁

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Thank you for believing in us, really heartwarming to hear! Before we move on past MJOLNIR we're going to re-group a bit and fix some obvious flaws (mainly communication, support and production timelines), as I can see that we're designing some pretty mind-blowing stuff behind the scenes but it's important that this time it's not only about making a solid product (but also having a solid business structure supporting it). I also need a vacation after this batch, it's been 3 years since the last time I didn't think about work. But it's hard to stop, just want to develop the new stuff.

Of course, all of those are part of this batch 😁
Hope it goes well. It would be nice if orders would not be treated as an open-ended interest-free loan, even if they are "pre-"orders. As you have moved away from crowd-funding, I think it would be reasonable for people to anticipate products to be delivered in a reasonable pre-defined timeframe. Many would be eligible for a valid chargeback attempt (you know, months of no delivery) with their respective banks, and that could sink the whole operation if too many people draw their cash out of your pot.

I understand filling MoQ is difficult for you to go ahead without knowing for certain that you have orders to fill them, but I also feel it was deeply unfair to those who had to sink capital for an undisclosed amount of time. Especially now to hear that you are denying refunds to those who have had enough is tough on my ears (especially that in the EU it is more or less a right).

I could personally stomach all the shenanigans when this was still a Kickstarter, but now it is not. If a solid business structure was not achieved between then and now, I don't know why it would change between now and the future.... Perhaps a bit pessimistic, but the progress on BORG seems to show that the experience is not dissimilar to that with the Kickstarter.

So all in all, I'm not really overly positive about the whole situation, but I know (and have always known) that 100% this is not a scam, and will one day arrive on my doorstep (which may be a different country yet again at this rate), and to me that's how low the bar is at the moment. Good for ThorZone, but I really hope for the sake of ThorZone, I can one day bring my expectation bar up slightly.

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021

This isn't a Kickstarter any more. Even according to Alex himself the Kickstarter was completed last year, prior to the current batches being sold. People buying a Mjolnir now aren't backers, they're customers. Big, big difference.

Unfortunately despite all the time & mistakes made it seems like Alex & company haven't figured out how to actually run & operate an ongoing business concern. Heck, he's just as incompetent now with delays & communication as he was during the Kickstarter. He's a whole lot less apologetic & courteous once he's got your money & the modicum of success the first batches have had has clearly gone to his head.

The Kickstarter backers at least had some manner of recourse through Kickstarter's terms & conditions. The poor souls waiting for their cases now don't have any real protection given that it's too late since the last batch to do a chargeback easily. They're just along for the ride. EU customers might have some recourse, but that's gonna be a whole lot more effort than a regular refund from a regular legitimate business.

At least the new guys waiting can feel better that they're getting the glass & risers they paid for, unlike previous customers like me. Hopefully. But hey, I got this chipped chemglass panel with the ugly Pippi Longstocking logo smack in the middle, so that's something I guess...

PoneG

Average Stuffer
Jun 10, 2022
Greetings. After the weekly updates do not seem to work ;) I have a question for Mjolnir owners.
Is it possible to install a second m2 on the back of the motherboard or is there not enough space here? i currently have an asus b550i with 2 m2. the second slot also has a flat cooler.

thanks for your answers

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Hey Alex. I need to get a new PCIE riser. What size are they and do you have a preferred vendor?

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Is it possible to install a second m2 on the back of the motherboard or is there not enough space here? i currently have an asus b550i with 2 m2. the second slot also has a flat cooler.
You can fit a naked one back there.

I need to get a new PCIE riser. What size are they and do you have a preferred vendor?
20cm. Same orientation as the Dan A4.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey Alex. I need to get a new PCIE riser. What size are they and do you have a preferred vendor?
We use 18cm double-reversed cable, but you may want to go 18.5 or even 19cm to be on the safe side. I'm not 100% sure every riser manufacturer measured their cables from the same positions.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
For the Risers, basically like for the rest of this batch, we had to open the pre-orders a few times (after Jay and then after Linus) to get enough quantity where these prices we promised you became possible. So we've placed the riser order now and it should arrive to our factory in the coming 1-2 weeks, after which we'll ship all these in 1 go.
So safe to say September for new riser?

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
I think you should keep an open mind and not stick to any set dates/months or anything until Alex says something concretely
And even then, take a huge grain of salt.

He's not gonna run off with our money, but Thor Zone is truly terrible at timelines & fulfillment, second only to their terrible communication & customer service.

We're already at double the original timeframe for the BORG & they're not even anodized yet!

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
And even then, take a huge grain of salt.

He's not gonna run off with our money, but Thor Zone is truly terrible at timelines & fulfillment, second only to their terrible communication & customer service.

We're already at double the original timeframe for the BORG & they're not even anodized yet!

That's hardly fair in a post pandemic de-globalizing world. I'm sure good people would have already thrown the towel into the ring by now. Just imagine the stuff that guy has to deal with, just to make a bunch of whiners happy (or so it seems with how internet over-visualises complainers)

Acen

Average Stuffer
Jun 8, 2020
That's hardly fair in a post pandemic de-globalizing world. I'm sure good people would have already thrown the towel into the ring by now. Just imagine the stuff that guy has to deal with, just to make a bunch of whiners happy (or so it seems with how internet over-visualises complainers)
In a post pandemic de-globalizing world, you don’t start new preorders without knowing a stable ETA. You try to learn from past years.

You just arrived in this thread to say bs like this ?

Ovni

Trash Compacter
Jan 3, 2020
Alex only option for another business model is to produce in advance. For such a niche marked there are no reliable benchmark data. (roi related data) So its impossible to produce in advance because he can't get a loan for 400K+ euro's.
If you buy something form a global operating start-up without the support of commercial investors, be aware you are the investor in the start-up. Your profit ... a very special product at the risk of waiting longer then expected but still at a friendly price. If things go real wrong you lose a few euro's.

If all above give you stress, buy a case at a big online store. And don't complain about the cheap shit they sell.

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Alex only option for another business model is to produce in advance. For such a niche marked there are no reliable benchmark data. (roi related data) So its impossible to produce in advance because he can't get a loan for 400K+ euro's.
If you buy something form a global operating start-up without the support of commercial investors, be aware you are the investor in the start-up. Your profit ... a very special product at the risk of waiting longer then expected but still at a friendly price. If things go real wrong you lose a few euro's.

If all above give you stress, buy a case at a big online store. And don't complain about the cheap shit they sell.
no, thanks. i will buy both and complain about both and you have to read it! 😉