Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hi all, is there a list of compatible GPU’s for the mjolnir? Thanks
All nvidia founders cards 3080 ti and lower. All evga xc3 models, gigabyte eagle models according to a post on reddit, asus tuf with a little effort, asus and gigabyte turbo models. Otherwise anything 2.3 ish slots and smaller and within the lenght and height measurements given on the offical thorzone website.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I got sick of waiting for the 3090 Ti and waterblocked my 3090 FE and stuck her in Mjolnir. It fits! Only caveat is that you either have to run without godrays on the gpu side, OR screw your godrays on the gpu side in with only one screw and slant them sideways to allow the 3090 FE to clear the godray connector (see pictures posted below). I opted to slant my godray on the gpu side so i could keep it. I love that Mjolnir can support this card without any major modifications.

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
What about getting replacement parts/units? I was told during the next batch (does that mean the current pre-orders since that's gone up since?), but unsure what needs to be done on my part? I've tried PM twice over a month span, unsure if busy or what.

Alex, I'm trying to be polite here, but this is getting absurd. How hard is it to give an answer to a simple question? I mean I even reported that guy to you telling me to try and sabotage your business, and this is the treatment I get in return? You ignore e-mail, PMs, and now forum replies. I don't care if I have to wait another 5 months, it's the lack of care and communication. Why do I have to constantly check on this thread, e-mail, PM, etc for nearly a year since you promised to replace my case and I'm still left in the dark? It's absurd, man. Come on, either reaplace it or stop wasting my time. The case is still sitting in the box waiting for pickup/exchange!

Remember this?

Screw it, you know what...you are a kind person and after re-reading previous conversations it just kills me that you don't have a beautiful case. So we'll send you another one in the next batch, you've changed me!

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Alex, I'm trying to be polite here, but this is getting absurd. How hard is it to give an answer to a simple question? I mean I even reported that guy to you telling me to try and sabotage your business, and this is the treatment I get in return? You ignore e-mail, PMs, and now forum replies. I don't care if I have to wait another 5 months, it's the lack of care and communication. Why do I have to constantly check on this thread, e-mail, PM, etc for nearly a year since you promised to replace my case and I'm still left in the dark? It's absurd, man. Come on, either reaplace it or stop wasting my time. The case is still sitting in the box waiting for pickup/exchange!

Remember this?

We're preparing to send all the upgrades from Kickstarter, Batch 1 and 2 now since the Chinese New Year is over and the workers are back. Then we're moving on to replacements, which includes your case.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
We're preparing to send all the upgrades from Kickstarter, Batch 1 and 2 now since the Chinese New Year is over and the workers are back. Then we're moving on to replacements, which includes your case.
My understanding is that the target for replacement parts for Kickstarter for April 2022? (Shipment together with BORG orders). I guess shipping prices are not any better now than they were a year ago....

Hope you get your replacement case in April ;) I am patiently waiting for glass panel replacements too.

I'm personally a little bit tired of you making a big meal about our personal communication, so I will disclose to the community here that the "guy" is actually me, although I would say that my advice was merely pointing out to Alex the flaws in the stance that he was taking at the time this was unfolding. I think we are beyond this now, and people who have issues with their cases are going to get replacement parts, albeit slowly given that ThorZone does not have a stock of parts (yet) and need to be made as the issues are being reported.

@AlexTzone In the end, did you negotiate any retail deals? Or perhaps a local storage warehouse for stocks? Or are you still very much operating from Factory-->Customer model?

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Just watched Jayz' video review. Love that your going to update Mjolnir to have 8 magnets per panel! An XL version of Mjolnir would be AMAZING! I know it would be very cost prohibitive (and maybe impossible to extrude) because of new molds having to be made, but id definetly get one! Im so happy for you that your project is getting mainstream tech media attention!! Congrats!!

jerm_ph

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2021
I sent messages (email, posts, PM) months ago about a glass panel QC issue but never heard back.

What are your criteria for replacements?

CzYaZnMaN

Chassis Packer
Dec 5, 2016
I sent messages (email, posts, PM) months ago about a glass panel QC issue but never heard back.

What are your criteria for replacements?
I am having similar experience. I reached out via email, posts and PM because I have QC issues with my case. I haven’t heard back in months. I see posts regarding updates and answering questions. I’m not sure if they are just ignoring my issues. I know it’s a small team and they have lot of work, but this lack of communication is pretty bad.

Reactions: Shinken1

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
My understanding is that the target for replacement parts for Kickstarter for April 2022? (Shipment together with BORG orders). I guess shipping prices are not any better now than they were a year ago....

Hope you get your replacement case in April ;) I am patiently waiting for glass panel replacements too.

I'm personally a little bit tired of you making a big meal about our personal communication, so I will disclose to the community here that the "guy" is actually me, although I would say that my advice was merely pointing out to Alex the flaws in the stance that he was taking at the time this was unfolding. I think we are beyond this now, and people who have issues with their cases are going to get replacement parts, albeit slowly given that ThorZone does not have a stock of parts (yet) and need to be made as the issues are being reported.

@AlexTzone In the end, did you negotiate any retail deals? Or perhaps a local storage warehouse for stocks? Or are you still very much operating from Factory-->Customer model?

Big meal? Come on man, you told me to post on the forum and tell people if they get damaged cases to damage them beyond a point to force a refund. That's super shady, you can spin it however you want. A lot of people are perfectly acceptable with some marks, others aren't. Alex can easily sell these off as B grade/stock at a lower prices, opposed to your shady idea of destroying it beyond use and taking a complete loss. At the end of the day, you're trying to take money out of his pocket. I never wanted that, hence I said I'd be shipping back the defective as promised at my cost. Work with me and I'll work with you.

I think Alex was just worried about return scams because it's such a big issue nowadays. Hilarious enough, you messaged me to do a return scam, lol. People try to get double dip, try and keep defective to sell it, etc. I get it, I use to run a small business selling items online, I know all about that hell and customers trying to scam the business. The factory promises X quality and when the cases landed and you have Y quality, something wasn't adding up. Either the customer is lying, or the manufacture let some slip through. In my case, it was the latter. I think he finally came around when I said I'd ship it back at my cost, to show him I'm not trying to rip him off.

Alex is a new startup from my understanding, so I think some leeway has to be given, especially since he's actually delivering product and not scamming people like some do. I can't even imagine what hell this must be with COVID, delays, angry forum posters, tons of e-mails, etc. I just hope he learns to be more communicative, it keeps everyone calm and off your back. Like if I got a reply saying "Hey, sorry man, 5 more months", I would say "Sure, np, I'll msg you around that time". But I'm left in the dark, I have to send 3-4 messages, maybe he didn't get it, maybe he overlooked it, etc. So now instead of 1 message from me, you will have 5. Now imagine doing this to 20+ people? 20 messages turned into 100. You're just compounding the issue and increasing your load.

I've seen peoples questions get ignored in this thread a lot, that just pisses people off and makes them keep annoying you with the question until you answer it. Not worth the headache, even if you don't have an answer, "Hey, I'll look into that and get back to you" works. It sucks seeing someone else get a reply, and you get ignored and overlooked when your question was right above theirs.

Last edited:

Bumfezzler

Caliper Novice
Oct 23, 2021
I finally broke and pre-ordered this. The minimalist design and craftsmanship is what got me. I'll be throwing a 5800x and an eventual Nvidia x070 (3070 or 4070 depending how long I can hold out with my 1660ti). I'm also crossing my fingers hoping my h100i can be crammed in there.

Are there any quirks or things I should know about or prepare for before it arrives?

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Big meal? Come on man, you told me to post on the forum and tell people if they get damaged cases to damage them beyond a point to force a refund. That's super shady, you can spin it however you want. A lot of people are perfectly acceptable with some marks, others aren't. Alex can easily sell these off as B grade/stock at a lower prices, opposed to your shady idea of destroying it beyond use and taking a complete loss. At the end of the day, you're trying to take money out of his pocket. I never wanted that, hence I said I'd be shipping back the defective as promised at my cost. Work with me and I'll work with you.

I think Alex was just worried about return scams because it's such a big issue nowadays. Hilarious enough, you messaged me to do a return scam, lol. People try to get double dip, try and keep defective to sell it, etc. I get it, I use to run a small business selling items online, I know all about that hell and customers trying to scam the business. The factory promises X quality and when the cases landed and you have Y quality, something wasn't adding up. Either the customer is lying, or the manufacture let some slip through. In my case, it was the latter. I think he finally came around when I said I'd ship it back at my cost, to show him I'm not trying to rip him off.

Alex is a new startup from my understanding, so I think some leeway has to be given, especially since he's actually delivering product and not scamming people like some do. I can't even imagine what hell this must be with COVID, delays, angry forum posters, tons of e-mails, etc. I just hope he learns to be more communicative, it keeps everyone calm and off your back. Like if I got a reply saying "Hey, sorry man, 5 more months", I would say "Sure, np, I'll msg you around that time". But I'm left in the dark, I have to send 3-4 messages, maybe he didn't get it, maybe he overlooked it, etc. So now instead of 1 message from me, you will have 5. Now imagine doing this to 20+ people? 20 messages turned into 100. You're just compounding the issue and increasing your load.

I've seen peoples questions get ignored in this thread a lot, that just pisses people off and makes them keep annoying you with the question until you answer it. Not worth the headache, even if you don't have an answer, "Hey, I'll look into that and get back to you" works. It sucks seeing someone else get a reply, and you get ignored and overlooked when your question was right above theirs.

I told you to tell Alex that would be the only option left if we were to neglect genuine requests ascertaining to QC. Whether then you actioned the threat was your decision to make, but most likely would not have been necessary as the point would have been driven home. Frankly, I even told Alex that this is what is going to happen if he keeps pushing the "minimum considered defect" narrative, and I think he saw the logic in the argument.

Again, I think we are beyond this now, but for full transparency, I post at least my portions of the communications that I had with both smallfx and Alex at the time. I don't debate your sentiment towards wanting a reply to your messages.

:
I was going to write this in the thread, but decided to move it to private since people at this rate may actually start getting ideas. What stops somebody from enlarging the scratch themselves so that it goes over the "minimum considered defect".

I dont think it would be reasonable to demand video footage of unboxing (and even that can be faked to some degree). And so if somebody got a case with a small scratch, it would actually be in their interest to just gouge it further before reporting it to you.

So its a bit of a problem that honest people who are reporting the "little problems" are getting neglected, and will only make sure that people will start faking problems so that the exchange is considered.

[Alex's Reply Redacted]

Hopefully not everybody has a devil on their shoulder like me.
"If a problem is too small to be a problem, just make it a bigger problem until it gets attention"

[Alex's Reply Redacted]

Dear smallfx,

I decided to write to you in private as I am highly sympathetic of your current situation and think you deserve to be treated better.

This is extends from a private discussion I have been having with Alex (as you know, I've been involved in the community for a long time now), and I have made the decision to endow you with this option. Whether you do this or not is entirely up to you, but I would therefore appreciate it if you didn't make it public that I was the one spreading this idea.

I would recommend you send a private message to Alex here on the SFF forum that contains text to the effect below:

"I expect a clear cut response that is binding for the replacement of the case within X days. Otherwise this leaves me no option but to recommend publicly (on the forum and Kickstarter) that those who find small scratches on the case to grind a rock against the case to make it a big and deep enough scar so that Alex will actually consider it defective, do it convincingly as to not get caught out during RMA inspection."

As you see above, the flaw in Alex's current behavior is that people like you who report honestly "small" issues like you are being neglected, whereas somebody evil who damages the case on purpose would be considered for RMA.

It is a mild threat, but there is nothing to stop you from posting such "advice" as I do think that there needs to be a good return/RMA policy going forward. Obviously it would be very detrimental for Thor Zone if people were to start scratching their cases up on purpose just so that a return is considered. As you have already honestly provided photos, this strategy does not work for you, but I am certain that if this is how they decide to behave, somebody will start doing it at some point, and it would hurt them a lot if this advice were to be public.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
This is sick, why would you even consider this?
For the exact reason I say above. It is in Alex's best interest to accept returns for small defects so that it can be sold as B-stock or harvested for other functional parts. By taking a stance of "well, that isn't a large enough scratch to be considered a defect" you separate the community into two camps:

1) Those who are willing to settle "oh well, I guess my standards are too high and I will live with this sub-standard case"
2) Those who will be disgruntled to the point that their opinion of ThorZone becomes something to the effect of "a company that cannot produce a quality case and refuses to accept RMAs"

People who fall into category 2 are not good for the future of the company, and given that this exchange happened on a public forum, people in future may see this and it doesn't take much to understand the company's stance of "only takes large defects seriously". This is a problem, firstly because Mjolnir is a "expensive, but premium case" so if people feel that they may get a non-premium product that cannot be returned, they may not order, furthermore since if there are people that want to get their defects taken seriously, they may make them more serious than they came with. Yes, this is defrauding the company, and that is a big problem for the company. So to avoid this from being a possibility, it is much better to just accept the claimed defect and accept the RMA.

So during that debaucle, I pointed out to both parties the issue, what would be the fallout if the policy at the time remained, and believe firmly that things changed for the better.

Yes, posting the "advice" would have been greatly damaging, and that is exactly why this was a conversation to have privately between those affected so that Alex could reflect on whether that was the way he wanted to be or not. My advice was to "go talk to Alex with this as your primary argument", not "sabotage the company", there is a difference, if you can't see the difference, then I apologize for my lack of ability to explain it any further.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bumfezzler

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Finally, the last of the upgrades are going out tomorrow! 😁 Then it's time to start producing the new batch, which is also when we'll put in the replacement part orders (we'll go through all emails as well to make sure we don't miss anyone).

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
Finally, the last of the upgrades are going out tomorrow! 😁 Then it's time to start producing the new batch, which is also when we'll put in the replacement part orders (we'll go through all emails as well to make sure we don't miss anyone).

Any chance in the future you can make side panels that have an airgap (slightly lowered height near the edges) to hide discoloration, like you do with The Borg?
I am irritating myself so much about the unmatching colors everytime i look at the case i start thinking of hiding the case under the desk which would defeat the whole purpose of it.

I would buy those panels if they would hide the discoloration.
Edit: this would include the top panels since when using the Borg that is what will point towards the front.

A positive note: the rest of the case is to my satisfaction even though i did not mange to get an 120mm AIO pump yet for the 1700 socket (in europe)
aircooling is not very noisy anyway, its the videocard that makes sound when you spin up a game, but you have something in the works for that i saw.
For the rest its dead silent while coding/working.

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020
For the exact reason I say above. It is in Alex's best interest to accept returns for small defects so that it can be sold as B-stock or harvested for other functional parts. By taking a stance of "well, that isn't a large enough scratch to be considered a defect" you separate the community into two camps:

1) Those who are willing to settle "oh well, I guess my standards are too high and I will live with this sub-standard case"
2) Those who will be disgruntled to the point that their opinion of ThorZone becomes something to the effect of "a company that cannot produce a quality case and refuses to accept RMAs"

People who fall into category 2 are not good for the future of the company, and given that this exchange happened on a public forum, people in future may see this and it doesn't take much to understand the company's stance of "only takes large defects seriously". This is a problem, firstly because Mjolnir is a "expensive, but premium case" so if people feel that they may get a non-premium product that cannot be returned, they may not order, furthermore since if there are people that want to get their defects taken seriously, they may make them more serious than they came with. Yes, this is defrauding the company, and that is a big problem for the company. So to avoid this from being a possibility, it is much better to just accept the claimed defect and accept the RMA.

So during that debaucle, I pointed out to both parties the issue, what would be the fallout if the policy at the time remained, and believe firmly that things changed for the better.

Yes, posting the "advice" would have been greatly damaging, and that is exactly why this was a conversation to have privately between those affected so that Alex could reflect on whether that was the way he wanted to be or not. My advice was to "go talk to Alex with this as your primary argument", not "sabotage the company", there is a difference, if you can't see the difference, then I apologize for my lack of ability to explain it any further.

Wait, so you told me to tell everyone to destroy cases if they got small marks, now you take my suggestion of selling the small defect cases as B-Stock and spin it as your original intent? Get some help, brother. 😂

I won't respond anymore to this discussion. What you did was shady, nothing you can say will change it.