• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Certainly could be helpful to go the hybrid GPU route as air cooled graphics cards seem to get fatter fin stacks every year.

So 140 for the CPU and 280 for the GPU? 💪 Maybe even a custom loop with both rads, running something like a 3090 and 5950X.

Fat Mjolnir?

Hahaha LOL, nonono it’s going to be a LOT more than just a sad/fat Thor 🤣

The more radiator support the better!

Then let’s make it’s brutally epic!

Last edited:

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Not ignoring, I’ve noted your emails and will get to them during this batch (when replacement parts will be made. Very sorry for the communication, I know it must have been very frustrating!

They are already shipped out, the tracking numbers are being sorted so I’ll have them sent out this week :)
no dice on the tracking

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Now that the upgrades have been sent it’s time to focus on those replacement parts, I’m sure some affected people think we’ve abandoned them (judging by the drama over at Reddit), but as @For_Science has pointed out…everyone will get their replacements…albeit unfortunately slowly. But once it’s done, that’s additional experience gained (and something that can be handle more smoothly in the future).

Last edited:

runsamok

Average Stuffer
Jul 12, 2021
A customer being rightfully upset after waiting 9 months+ & having to initiate every step of the conversation for what should have been a very simple customer service request is not "drama", it's Thor-Zone & you being rightfully called out for (still) not delivering on your obligations, Alex.

Nice to see you've learned somewhere between diddly & squat about customer service & fulfilment after 3 years & multiple batches. It's still entitlement & excuses, all the way down.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Same and also another Thorzone friend acknowledge the same to.

NOW I really wish I didn't miss out on the new gen4 riser ...ugh...time to wait patiently for the "next time" for upgrades.

If you want that upgrade please send an email, because I’m not sure when/if there’s going to be a next time for this one…we’re working on new stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

gorecheese

Efficiency Noob
Mar 7, 2022
Glad to finally join this forum. I just picked up a Mjolnir S this week and it is currently in transit to me. Should be in my hands by the weekend and will be my third ITX build since 2016. Looking forward to the challenge (and the rewards) of dialing in this system. I'm way out of the loop in terms of most peoples experiences with this case, as well as wait times for parts, so I have a lot of catching up to do in a short amount of time. Curious though, when will there be another list or buy for the Borg and Booster Cell? Both of those aren't coming with my case and I'd love to add them at some point. Thanks for the help and I'll upload some pics after the initial build is done (FE 3070 and 9700k).

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Glad to finally join this forum. I just picked up a Mjolnir S this week and it is currently in transit to me. Should be in my hands by the weekend and will be my third ITX build since 2016. Looking forward to the challenge (and the rewards) of dialing in this system. I'm way out of the loop in terms of most peoples experiences with this case, as well as wait times for parts, so I have a lot of catching up to do in a short amount of time. Curious though, when will there be another list or buy for the Borg and Booster Cell? Both of those aren't coming with my case and I'd love to add them at some point. Thanks for the help and I'll upload some pics after the initial build is done (FE 3070 and 9700k).

Please send an email asap :)

Reactions: beerbuddha

CzYaZnMaN

Chassis Packer
Dec 5, 2016
Not ignoring, I’ve noted your emails and will get to them during this batch (when replacement parts will be made. Very sorry for the communication, I know it must have been very frustrating!

They are already shipped out, the tracking numbers are being sorted so I’ll have them sent out this week :)
Hey @AlexTzone, you said they are being shipped out, but I didn’t get any confirmation as to which parts are being replaced. Also, what’s the process for returning the case if my case is being replaced? Can you actually reply to my DMs instead of just replying through the posts?

Gareth

Cable Smoosher
Nov 11, 2020
I just received and attached my new side panels (the original glass was perhaps a bit too optimistic with a 3080). I have to say, the colour match is pretty damn good, especially from my desk position.

Thanks, @AlexTzone and team. Looking forward to my Borg upgrade too :)

abdulla

Trash Compacter
Oct 11, 2019
So 140 for the CPU and 280 for the GPU? 💪 Maybe even a custom loop with both rads, running something like a 3090 and 5950X.

Hahaha LOL, nonono it’s going to be a LOT more than just a sad/fat Thor 🤣

Then let’s make it’s brutally epic!
It'd be great if you could do dual 280 rads, for fully water-cooled builds with custom loops. :)

It looks like the next-gen of CPUs and GPUs are going to be just as power hungry, if not more.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
It'd be great if you could do dual 280 rads, for fully water-cooled builds with custom loops. :)

It looks like the next-gen of CPUs and GPUs are going to be just as power hungry, if not more.
Dual 280s would be amazing! I really want this new case to be custom loop friendly!
The more radiators the better, but depending on thickness and airflow, a 280 and 140 would be enough for a 500w gpu and 200w cpu IMO. With SFF sometimes you gotta balance aesthetics with performance and if a 280 and 140 makes a better design aesthetically vs dual 280's id favor aesthetics over performance personally. Id have to see renders of course, but once your around 20 Liters in volume you have to make tough decisions.
I can't wait till this project takes off and cant wait to see whats possible!

Last edited:

Hami1tonian

Cable Smoosher
Jan 3, 2021
Alex just curious do you plan to send the case to other reviewers like Optimum Tech? That would be helpful to existing backers in terms of component selection and thermal management? Thanks!