• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi guys, regarding the upgrades. On Monday we’ll start distributing tracking numbers for all standalone upgrades (i.e. for those that ordered only one upgrade, like a Booster Cell or Godrays).

I wanted to ship all upgrades at once but in those cases concerning extra panels or orders with several upgrades our packaging leader didn’t understand my packaging instructions and didn’t want to risk sending the wrong products. We’ve re-worked the packaging instruction but now the whole factory has left for Chinese New Year. We were so pre-occupied with finishing MJOLNIR fulfillment of all previous batches that I missed that the CNY was around the corner. I’m very sorry for this :(

So if you’ve ordered extra panels or more than one upgrade (I.e. Booster Cell and Godrays or similar), we will ship them first thing after CNY, I’m very sorry this happened. It’s totally my fault :(

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys, regarding the upgrades. On Monday we’ll start distributing tracking numbers for all standalone upgrades (i.e. for those that ordered only one upgrade, like a Booster Cell or Godrays).

I wanted to ship all upgrades at once but in those cases concerning extra panels or orders with several upgrades our packaging leader didn’t understand my packaging instructions and didn’t want to risk sending the wrong products. We’ve re-worked the packaging instruction but now the whole factory has left for Chinese New Year. We were so pre-occupied with finishing MJOLNIR fulfillment of all previous batches that I missed that the CNY was around the corner. I’m very sorry for this :(

So if you’ve ordered extra panels or more than one upgrade (I.e. Booster Cell and Godrays or similar), we will ship them first thing after CNY, I’m very sorry this happened. It’s totally my fault :(
Its all good, thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye out for the tracking after CNY is over then.

Reactions: AlexTzone

smallfx

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2020

What about getting replacement parts/units? I was told during the next batch (does that mean the current pre-orders since that's gone up since?), but unsure what needs to be done on my part? I've tried PM twice over a month span, unsure if busy or what.

Reactions: jerm_ph

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
so has anyone made the 3090FE fit? A friend of mine has this case and I want to make it work lol
Yeah im going to do it. It will work but only with the ekwb vector SE block. Im just waiting on more info on the 3090 Ti FE before i buy the waterblock and stick it on my 3090 FE. If i can get a 90 Ti FE ill be going with that card. 2 weeks after the 90 Ti release ill have either a 3090 FE or 3090 Ti FE in Mjolnir and ill post some pics of the build and process to make it fit.

edisepic

Case Bender
New User
Jan 24, 2022
Yeah im going to do it. It will work but only with the ekwb vector SE block. Im just waiting on more info on the 3090 Ti FE before i buy the waterblock and stick it on my 3090 FE. If i can get a 90 Ti FE ill be going with that card. 2 weeks after the 90 Ti release ill have either a 3090 FE or 3090 Ti FE in Mjolnir and ill post some pics of the build and process to make it fit.
that's really cool but i meant with the stock cooler. i love the way the 90 FE looks so im trying to preserve that.

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
that's really cool but i meant with the stock cooler. i love the way the 90 FE looks so im trying to preserve that.
Not possible in Mjolnir - it can only handle GPUs up to 51mm thick. Your only 3090 options are the EVGA XC3 or one of the 2-slot 3090 blower cards (which all seem to be discontinued).

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
Can anyone confirm if ASUS ROG Ryujin II 240 would be compatible if 1 fan was removed from it?

Also it seems my godrays are not working, are there know cases of them being DOA? Or am i doing something wrong with connecting them?
The Asus software for my motherboard did detect them being generic led strips, however activate/deactivate had no effect

ArkImpulse

Cable Smoosher
Mar 2, 2021
Can anyone confirm if ASUS ROG Ryujin II 240 would be compatible if 1 fan was removed from it?

Also it seems my godrays are not working, are there know cases of them being DOA? Or am i doing something wrong with connecting them?
The Asus software for my motherboard did detect them being generic led strips, however activate/deactivate had no effect
I had that issue. Turns out I plugged the wrong end into the mobo (should be IN instead of OUT to the mobo). Hope that helps

Reactions: Artimunor

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
A 240mm radiator must be no thicker than 23mm to fit underneath the motherboard in the Mjolnir. The ROG Ryujin II 240 radiator is listed as 27mm thick. In addition, the pump block on that AIO is too tall to fit in the case with the panels on. AIO Pump blocks must be no more than ~51-52mm tall.

Reactions: Artimunor

ajhuah

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 7, 2022
Hi Alex and the rest of the forum,

Long time lurker and sff enthusiast.

I've made 3 builds on dan cases, 1 formd and now thor.

All in all, I want to say this case is nice. There were a lot of cosmetic faults that I think is unacceptable on such a nice case (I'll post pictures). The big problem tho, I think my pci-e 4 riser is defective. plugging my 3080 ti directly to motherboard (x570-i) all works fine- even furmark :p but when plugged to the riser I get weird defects, random restarts and stutter/10 fps on furmark.

I've checked bios and everything seems fine... IDK.

@AlexTzone can you please assist? I love the windows as well but figured it chokes the GPU too much- can I also order "normal" panels?

My order is " Order #1834-B2 ".

I will gladly share the pictures I have of the defects, but the riser cable is a big big big issue.

dman15

Chassis Packer
Oct 23, 2021
Hi Alex and the rest of the forum,

Long time lurker and sff enthusiast.

I've made 3 builds on dan cases, 1 formd and now thor.

All in all, I want to say this case is nice. There were a lot of cosmetic faults that I think is unacceptable on such a nice case (I'll post pictures). The big problem tho, I think my pci-e 4 riser is defective. plugging my 3080 ti directly to motherboard (x570-i) all works fine- even furmark :p but when plugged to the riser I get weird defects, random restarts and stutter/10 fps on furmark.

I've checked bios and everything seems fine... IDK.

@AlexTzone can you please assist? I love the windows as well but figured it chokes the GPU too much- can I also order "normal" panels?

My order is " Order #1834-B2 ".

I will gladly share the pictures I have of the defects, but the riser cable is a big big big issue.
It's not a 4.0 riser cable......

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hi guys, got inspired from a Instagram comment! Now that we have the BORG, it would be cool to have something similar on the opposite end that can house an additional 120mm AIO and 120x25mm fan, what do you think?

I think we can design and finalize it just in time for production of this new batch, the pricing should be similar BORG.

MJOLNIR with 2x 120mm AIOs (one for the GPU and one for the CPU), together with 2x O2 panels and no airflow obstructions w. the BORG should make for an insane combo. The total package will be roughly 13L with all of the above.

• Love
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Hi guys, got inspired from a Instagram comment! Now that we have the BORG, it would be cool to have something similar on the opposite end that can house an additional 120mm AIO and 120x25mm fan, what do you think?

I think we can design and finalize it just in time for production of this new batch, the pricing should be similar BORG.

MJOLNIR with 2x 120mm AIOs (one for the GPU and one for the CPU), together with 2x O2 panels and no airflow obstructions w. the BORG should make for an insane combo. The total package will be roughly 13L with all of the above.
Few thoughts on this. 1: GPUs with AIOs have the tubing exiting the top of the card so unless you have plenty of room above your GPU you will kink your tubing. 2: Current generation GPUs with AIOs are using 240mm radiators. 3: Trying to route the tubing from 2 AIOs in a case this small is going to be a nightmare.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Few thoughts on this. 1: GPUs with AIOs have the tubing exiting the top of the card so unless you have plenty of room above your GPU you will kink your tubing. 2: Current generation GPUs with AIOs are using 240mm radiators. 3: Trying to route the tubing from 2 AIOs in a case this small is going to be a nightmare.

I was thinking more about connecting a standalone AIO to a GPU, rather than getting a GPU that has an integrated AIO. Like Ali did for in last MJOLNIR review. In that case we can design it so that the tubes from each AIO are far from each other.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020

YES! This would be amazing! Try and allow for it to fit as thick of a radiator as possible, and at the very least allow for a 30mm thick radiator. Any thinner than 30mm makes it very difficult to find a radiator for custom loops.
It would be awesome if you continued this idea with some kind of side panel attachment that could accommodate a radiator as well.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

I guess it kinda conflicts with the concept of booster cell, but otherwise "why not".

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I guess it kinda conflicts with the concept of booster cell, but otherwise "why not".
I think it fits with the spirit of Mjolnir being modular and this would just be another attachment to choose from. Booster cell works great for air cooled and "standard" aio on cpu builds. This attachment works for custom loops and anyone adventurous enough to put an aio on their gpu. It actually even would work better for cpu aio layouts by allowing dual exhaust fans at the top of the case for better gpu ventilation when using the stock gpu cooler.