• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
small update, went with aircooling, got a Noctua which fits very snug in the asus z690i board
but sadly this motherboard and the asus tuf 3060ti do not like the gen3 riser, in fact when it is connected i do not get any screen output at all, not even from the motherboard outputs anymore

@AlexTzone what is the problem here? does the Mjolnir not support any newer videocards?
Or do you have a suggestion how to solve this?
Currently it is stopping me from using this, thousands of euros of components just sit there unable to be used...

P.S. The videocard is tested and working in another computer by the way.
P.P.S. I have red reviews that say you should switch to Gen3 in the BIOS however that option is nowhere to be found, also google does not help here.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
small update, went with aircooling, got a Noctua which fits very snug in the asus z690i board
but sadly this motherboard and the asus tuf 3060ti do not like the gen3 riser, in fact when it is connected i do not get any screen output at all, not even from the motherboard outputs anymore

@AlexTzone what is the problem here? does the Mjolnir not support any newer videocards?
Currently it is stopping me from using this, thousands of euros of components just sit there unable to be used...

P.P.S. I have red reviews that say you should switch to Gen3 in the BIOS however that option is nowhere to be found, also google does not help here.
There has to be option in bios, try seraching in manual. It is usually in system or main section of bios, but don't be afraid of going into every possible submenu.

Reactions: Artimunor

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
There has to be option in bios, try seraching in manual. It is usually in system or main section of bios, but don't be afraid of going into every possible submenu.

Yes you are right, it was hidden under some unlogically named sub menu.

However setting the PCIe x16 expansion slot to PCEe 3.0 speed did not help sadly.
When i connect the TUF 3060Ti the system stops working.
With the TUF plugged in, even the motherboard HDMI does not work anymore either.

MaBo

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 30, 2021

I was struggling with the same problem. Make sure your graphicscard is completely in the PCIe Riser-Card-Slot. To ensure this you can remove the screws from the Riser-card.

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
I was struggling with the same problem. Make sure your graphicscard is completely in the PCIe Riser-Card-Slot. To ensure this you can remove the screws from the Riser-card.

OMG this was the problem.

I have to say it's not the best of designs, the graphics card is kinda floating around without those screws, however this did it for me!

Thank you so much for sharing the knowledge.

Reactions: riba2233

Artimunor

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2021
!Happy New Year Thorzowners!

Now that I have the Mjolnir for a while, and it is working, i have to say I am overal happy with it.
I had some problems building this, most of them where my own limited thinking and one design issues I had to overcome, which turned out to be very much possible, and now everything is running fine.

The looks are amazing and lets admit it thats why we buy this thing since it is more expensive and has worse thermals than other competing offerings, but it just looks so incredibly nice we are willing to make that tradeoff.
This is why I want to stress to @AlexTzone that he should not deny, but own the mistake with the different panel colorings.
I have read many posts on reddit and other places where you deny the significance of this.
Is it the end of the world? No! It still looks amazing!
Is there something wrong with it? Yes! Sadly there is.
I had my wife remarking and my parents visiting and all of them asked, why does the sidepanel have a different color?
They do not even know what the word anodizing means.

Please do not deny it in public any further, it will make your company look bad, and excuses will make it look weak.
I know refraction plays some part in it, but sadly this is not solely the "case" and the reason does not really matter if everyone percieves it differently.
I was still hoping it was just other peoples minds playing tricks on them while mine was on it's way, but sadly i have to confirm there are color differences.
My steel one's case has a more yellowish/golden glow to it, than the steel sidepanels.

For something that costs this much, and which biggest edge is the looks, the looks have to be perfect.
Inferior cases (that are mass produced by giant companies) are able to get this right, on much cheaper products.

I understand the difficulties, I understand it is much harder for a startup to accomplish.
I forgive thor-zone for this, I truly do, and I am overal happy with my case.
I just wish this part was better, and give the feedback with a story around it in the hope you will change to a more constructive attitude towards this issue (for the sake of future Thorzowners, which will hopefully one day be me again when I upgrade)
I can already see the first step towards this with the Borg, where you use design to minimize the effect of color differences.
This is good! Continue along this path.

Please Alex own the mistake and try to improve it instead!
It will make your company look much more profesional in that regard.
People screaming it is the end of the world have to be corrected however, since it is not a drama, the color differences are certainly not big.
Their panic screams come more from their own frustration of spending way more than they could afford on something that would give them a neverending nerdgasm, and they are just disappointed it does not.

Please do not see this as a flame or attack, I am taking time and effort to give you constructive feedback in order to make your product better.

Best wishes and much prosperity to all Thorzowners out there, and ofc. also the people at Thorzone.
You made a truly unique product that I am overal very happy with.

May your furnace forge everincreasing quality hammers for the gods!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
When your new graphics card's box is literally BIGGER than your entire PC!!

Now i gotta shove this baby into Mjolnir somehow..... thats a problem for tomorrow though haha
Congratulations on getting a RTX 3090 FE, I am sure it wasn't easy or cheap. Mjolnir only supports a GPU up to 51mm thick, that 3090 is 61mm. Please don't do anything crazy to the case or the GPU.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Congratulations on getting a RTX 3090 FE, I am sure it wasn't easy or cheap. Mjolnir only supports a GPU up to 51mm thick, that 3090 is 61mm. Please don't do anything crazy to the case or the GPU.
Lol I wont and thank you! Yeah I got it off of best buy's website during the last drop, still cant believe it, and it was on my birthday too!
Im gonna buy the ekwb block for it and swap out my 3080 ti for it. Only thing i might have to do is get a bracket to lower the riser cable slightly. Thats only if the card is too tall.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Lol I wont and thank you! Yeah I got it off of best buy's website during the last drop, still cant believe it, and it was on my birthday too!
Im gonna buy the ekwb block for it and swap out my 3080 ti for it. Only thing i might have to do is get a bracket to lower the riser cable slightly. Thats only if the card is too tall.
woha...that is some luck

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

jerm_ph

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2021
Your Booster Cell will be shipped now together with Batch 2 and 3, the mistake is totally mine and 7 backers got affected. Here is an explanation of the mistake:
  • Booster Cells got pre-ordered during Batch 1 (June 2020)
  • Booster Cells got pre-ordered during Batch 2, including those from Batch 1 who wanted to upgrade their original pre-orders (November 2020)
Those who decided to upgrade their Batch 1 pre-orders in November were supposed to get their Booster Cells shipped separately at a later date (i.e. when Batch 2, also 3 now, would ship). However, my head was probably not on my shoulders that day because I made the foolish mistake of importing those November 2020 Booster Cell upgrades into the original Kickstarter and Batch 1 fulfillment documents. This meant that we were trying to ship more Booster Cells than were currently made in Kickstarter & Batch 1 (not by a lot, but still), a mistake that went unnoticed until I asked the factory to prepare the last shipments from the first batch - at which point they told us there weren't enough Booster Cells -> we investigated and eventually found the mistake. Now I think I remember checking out Batch 2 fulfillment documents one morning, seeing a bunch of Batch 1 Booster Cells, thinking "what the heck are they doing here??" and then importing them into Batch 1 🤦‍♂️

So in short, it was a truly embarrassing mistake and I want to apologize to the 7 backers that got affected, but your Booster Cells are around the corner now and will be delivered asap!
@AlexTzone
Any news/updates regarding the remaining batch 1 orders?

jerm_ph

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2021
Alex said on twitter that the remaining orders (including accessories/upgrades) are going to be sent tomorrow!

The tweet only mentioned batch 2/3. Hopefully, that was just a mistake because mine is batch 1.

I sent emails to contact@thor-zone.com last Oct and Nov 2021 about some inquiries, QC issues and to update my delivery address. Never heard back. Got no confirmation/ack of email receipt etc.

Now, I'm worried because they might ship my booster cell to my old address.

The_Russ

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 17, 2022
When your new graphics card's box is literally BIGGER than your entire PC!!

Now i gotta shove this baby into Mjolnir somehow..... thats a problem for tomorrow though haha
Haha wow! So nuts and your build is going to be awesome!! What about AIO options?? Any advice? I really wanted to put the NZCT Z53 in mine but I think the RAD is too thick!😬

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
@AlexTzone did all the add ons/upgrades that were ordered with batch 2 in may of 2021 get shipped? If they did, i never got a tracking number.
Did anyone else that bought upgrades/ add ons get a tracking number yet?

• Sad
Reactions: Gareth