Hi all! An update on my case:

Parts List:
Code:
|          [CPU][Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor]
|   [CPU Cooler][Corsair H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler]
|  [Motherboard][Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard]
|       [Memory][G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory]
|      [Storage][Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive]
|      [Storage][Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive]
|   [Video Card][Gigabyte Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB Video Card]
| [Power Supply][Cooler Master V SFX Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply]
|     [Case Fan][Noctua S12A ULN 120 mm Fan]
|     [Case Fan][Noctua A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan]
|     [Case Fan][Noctua A12x15 PWM chromax.black.swap 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fan]

Thoughts:
Case is solid built 100%. Looks fantastic and I love how compact it is on my desk.
Upon inspection of the case when delivered, no damages/scratches issues found.
Overall, I found the case to be VERY easy to put together and install/remove components.
Cable management is tricky, but it's one of those set and forget kinda things. I did get custom cables which has helped.

Orientation:
Case: Inverted (radiator on top)
Fan: Front intake, top both exhaust, side intake (my own mod)

Some note:
- Using glass panels make the case overall pretty hot. So i've resorted to just using the performance panels
- M.2 even with the mobo's cooling plate resulted in ~74-75 °C average temp and on the M.2 rear side ~70-74°C. Post side intake fan mod, temps are around ~53-57°C and ~50-53°C.
- the connector for the booster cell when inserting the Core wasn't always connecting properly when I inserted the core. So I had cut a piece of a rubber band, punched 2 holes in it and put it on the back side of the connector before screwing it into the case. Since then no issues.

Photo links:
Couldn't edit post...

approvethismessage

Cable Smoosher
Dec 11, 2020
So I'm finally about to order everything and build in my shiny new Mjolnir (Stealth w/ 2x Performance Panels).

Can anyone give me a sanity check on the components?

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600x (air cooling, looking for 65w)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz CL16 (16GB x 2)
GPU: Asus Dual Series 3060 (already have this, wanted a 1650 but settled for what I could find in stock)
PSU: Corsair 750 SFX Plat (probably overkill, but keeps it in the zero fan curve longer)
SSD: Western Digital Black 1TB SN850 NVMe
CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-L9a
Case Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM (yeah I just want identical fans not mixing 15/25s)

That ought to be good enough to run Lightroom and StarCraft 2, right? 😉

Is anything in this list going to give me a headache when I try to shove it all inside a Mjolnir?

dman15

Chassis Packer
Oct 23, 2021
So I'm finally about to order everything and build in my shiny new Mjolnir (Stealth w/ 2x Performance Panels).

GPU: Asus Dual Series 3060 (already have this, wanted a 1650 but settled for what I could find in stock)
PSU: Corsair 750 SFX Plat (probably overkill, but keeps it in the zero fan curve longer)
Case Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM (yeah I just want identical fans not mixing 15/25s)

Is anything in this list going to give me a headache when I try to shove it all inside a Mjolnir?

I would consider the Alpenföhn Black Ridge instead of the noctua cooler.

Reactions: approvethismessage

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017

The L9A will work well with the CPU but your boost clocks may be a little lower than if you used an AIO. Also, if you can get CL16 3600MHz Ram I would suggest that. Other than that it looks like a nice build.

chrisR

Efficiency Noob
Aug 1, 2021
For what it's worth, I originally bought an L9a cooler for my 5600x - however believe it or not, the AMD stock cooler outperformed it by 2 degrees (I even reapplied the thermal paste 3 times to make sure it wasn't an anomaly!). The L9a also didn't seem any quieter. I ended up returning the L9a since it provided no benefit for the $$$

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
For what it's worth, I originally bought an L9a cooler for my 5600x - however believe it or not, the AMD stock cooler outperformed it by 2 degrees (I even reapplied the thermal paste 3 times to make sure it wasn't an anomaly!). The L9a also didn't seem any quieter. I ended up returning the L9a since it provided no benefit for the $$$
That is definitely strange, not something I would have expected to see ever. My L9A far outperforms the stock Wraith Stealth and is much quieter (though I do feel the slim 92mm Noctuas have an annoying tone when spinning rapidly).

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021

I'm pretty sure we have identical builds from the PSU down (including the dual case fans, OCD am I right?)

I almost called out the GPU but I checked the 3060 is good where as the Asus Dual 3060 ti is a mm too thick.

Can't wait to see it (since I can't see my own and I have yet to receive tracking).

Last edited:

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017

Try using a 92x25mm fan. It makes a big difference on the noise.

Gareth

Cable Smoosher
Nov 11, 2020

I've got an almost identical setup. The main difference is an x570 and 3080 FE. It wasn't too much of a pain to fit into the core. Custom cables are your friend, though, as I found most SF 750 cables too long. The slim Noctua fans look slick. If you really wanted too you could just about fit a pair of A4x10mm fans between them.

Glass panels are too warm for my setup. I'm currently running without them as I wait for perf panels. I've also undervolted the 3080 and get acceptable temps now of around 80c across the board (literally)., whereas before I was getting 90+.

Gareth

Cable Smoosher
Nov 11, 2020
I'll share some pictures in better lighting, but I highly recommend pslate custom cables. They don't have Mjolnir lengths yet, but the DAN A4 case sizes fit very well.

Reactions: SFFMunkee

Shield of Atua

Case Bender
New User
Nov 12, 2021
Hiya...just joined and waiting on my case. Forgive me if this has been asked before, but has anyone tried a build with a ROG Strix 3080? I think it will fit, but also curious about temps if anyone has made a build with this GPU yet.

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
Hiya...just joined and waiting on my case. Forgive me if this has been asked before, but has anyone tried a build with a ROG Strix 3080? I think it will fit, but also curious about temps if anyone has made a build with this GPU yet.
The Asus ROG Strix 3080 cards are 58mm thick, and won't fit in the Mjolnir, which can handle cards up to 51mm.

Reactions: Shield of Atua

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Oh man! Makes me wonder when i get my tracking number. I'm Nov 2020 batch Stealth, Canada, perhaps they are doing it by country too.

Basically we have 3 documents - shipping for Stealth, Dark and Steel. In each document the cases are sorted after country and then weight. Each time we ship we take 100 cases from the bottom. It's not very strange than there have been a lot of US shipments because "US" is the furthest down in alphabetical order (at least of the countries we have), hope this gives you some idea of how we go about it :)

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
Oh man! Makes me wonder when i get my tracking number. I'm Nov 2020 batch Stealth, Canada, perhaps they are doing it by country too.
I read somewhere on here that Batch 2+3 totals to 675 cases with Stealth being the majority color. If I followed the shipping updates correctly they've shipped 250 so far (75+75+100). I don't know what the ratio of Stealth to Dark to Steel is, but at 100/week they'll all ship before Christmas.. and 100 every 3-4 days could theoretically before more than 100/week. I don't know if orders with multiple cases are affecting the pecking order of shipment by color, but if I had to guess, I'd bet all my cookies that you get your case (or at least tracking) by the end of November. May the odds be ever in your favor.

P.S. Let it be known though.. that I have no cookies.