Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

EchoDot

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 23, 2021
Better late than never, the first 75 cases from Batch 2 & 3 have shipped. In order to avoid mixing them up we’re going about it 75 cases at a time with 2-3 days in between for sorting & sending the tracking numbers. Please have patience guys, we’re sending the as fast as we can without creating problems.
Hey Alex I am so excited that batch 2 & 3 are starting to ship. Since I am part of batch 2 what is the time frame I should be expecting the tracking number? Also great work to y’all for all your hard work.

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
After 1 year and 4 months wait, it's finally here. 💪⚡The box arrived intact. DHL handled it very well.
(Batch 1)

O2 Panels and the exterior of the case are perfectly smooth, kinda like MacBook. No nicks, no scratches and blemishes.

But there are few issues. Like some of the others I didn't get lucky with these tempered glass panels. Upon inspection I noticed mine has small chip on both panels as you guys can see.
And the front aluminumpanel rattles. Is there a way to fix it?

Build time! 🔥
RYZEN 5600X
RADEON 6800 XT

Overall, I am pretty happy with my Mjolnir. Thank you very much Alex for this beautiful case! I really hope everyone gets their cases before the year ends. 🙂
i know you are canadian just for the time horton mug LOL congrats on receiving it

beerbuddha

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 27, 2021
Better late than never, the first 75 cases from Batch 2 & 3 have shipped. In order to avoid mixing them up we’re going about it 75 cases at a time with 2-3 days in between for sorting & sending the tracking numbers. Please have patience guys, we’re sending the as fast as we can without creating problems.
hey @AlexTzone
are the "batch 1 upgrades" part of this shipment? or are you going to handle the cases first and then at the end the minor parts like the upgrades gets shipped.
tks!

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Wow…I can’t believe it but I’m one of the people who didn’t confirm their address. I must have completely missed the email.

I sent it to Denize. Thanks for the reminder email. Sorry for the trouble.

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
Guys, I'm seriously wondering about the CPU right now. I was determined to choose a 5600x for its low power consumption but seriously wonder what the new intel 12600k is worth. I understood that the amd 5000 series would be the last in socket AM4, which means that the next time we change the cpu we will also have to change the motherboard and ram. But I'm afraid that an Intel heats up too much in the MJOLNIR. Any opinions on it ? ( I would like to cool the cpu with a Corsair iCUE H60i ).

Reactions: AlexTzone

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey Alex I am so excited that batch 2 & 3 are starting to ship. Since I am part of batch 2 what is the time frame I should be expecting the tracking number? Also great work to y’all for all your hard work.

We've shipped 75 (and sent out tracking numbers) and now moving on to the next 75. There are a total of 675 cases left to ship, so in about 9 or so shipping sessions the whole batch will be shipped. We're trying to do each shipping session with 3 days in between.

hey @AlexTzone
are the "batch 1 upgrades" part of this shipment? or are you going to handle the cases first and then at the end the minor parts like the upgrades gets shipped.
tks!

Yes they are, we'll send them all in the last shipping session of Batch 2 / 3.

Wow…I can’t believe it but I’m one of the people who didn’t confirm their address. I must have completely missed the email.

I sent it to Denize. Thanks for the reminder email. Sorry for the trouble.

You are not alone, about 10% missed our email, but now we're down to just a handful backers who haven't confirmed their address. Anyways, thanks a lot for verifying everything with Denize and I look forward to get your case shipped in the coming days :)

protoMario

Cable Smoosher
Jul 23, 2021
Guys, I'm seriously wondering about the CPU right now. I was determined to choose a 5600x for its low power consumption but seriously wonder what the new intel 12600k is worth. I understood that the amd 5000 series would be the last in socket AM4, which means that the next time we change the cpu we will also have to change the motherboard and ram. But I'm afraid that an Intel heats up too much in the MJOLNIR. Any opinions on it ? ( I would like to cool the cpu with a Corsair iCUE H60i ).
Hey Alex,

Is there any way you can give regular updates when a batch of 75 cases have shipped? Also, are you shipping out in order by color like with the last batch? (first stealth, then dark, silver last)

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Hey Alex,

Is there any way you can give regular updates when a batch of 75 cases have shipped? Also, are you shipping out in order by color like with the last batch? (first stealth, then dark, silver last)

Sure thing! Yesterday we sent the next 75 (150 done now) and Denize is waiting for the tracking numbers now, should get them tomorrow 👌 Yes exactly, doing Stealth -> Dark -> Steel like last time, it decreases the risk of sending the wrong stuff substantially :)

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
Initial reviews today show the 12600K to be significantly better in performance compared to the 5600x for only $10 more, and even outperforming the 5800x in some tests. I haven't see any detailed reviews of Alder Lake in SFF builds but it looks like the i5 12600K would be fine on a 120mm AIO. The i7 and i9 are very power hungry, and all the reviews are commenting on how hot they run. Unlikely a single 120mm AIO would be able to cool them, and forget about any air coolers - reviewers are reporting thermal throttling even with the big Noctua D14.

IF you want to get on a new platform, AND you are interested in the new PCIE5 and DDR5 RAM, AND you are ready to move to Windows 11, then an i5 12600K would be a good choice over a 5600x. If PCIE5/DDR5/Win11 are not important to you at the moment, then a B550/5600x/DDR4 combination will be less expensive and easier to cool and still perform quite well.

Sharknose

Average Stuffer
Jan 4, 2019
So hyped that batch 2 is finally going out! Just in time for my new z690 mobo and 12900k arriving tomorrow :D
I'm having a hard time imagining how in blazes🔥 you intend to cool an i9 12900k inside a Mjolnir. Reviews show massive power consumption and high cooling requirements for the chip. I don't see how a 120mm AIO could cool the i9 without massively lowering the PL2 power limit, and giving up much of the performance advantage.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
I'm having a hard time imagining how in blazes🔥 you intend to cool an i9 12900k inside a Mjolnir. Reviews show massive power consumption and high cooling requirements for the chip. I don't see how a 120mm AIO could cool the i9 without massively lowering the PL2 power limit, and giving up much of the performance advantage.
He's probably going to do an external radiator set up like I did with my 5950x/3080 ti Mjolnir

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
Initial reviews today show the 12600K to be significantly better in performance compared to the 5600x for only $10 more, and even outperforming the 5800x in some tests. I haven't see any detailed reviews of Alder Lake in SFF builds but it looks like the i5 12600K would be fine on a 120mm AIO. The i7 and i9 are very power hungry, and all the reviews are commenting on how hot they run. Unlikely a single 120mm AIO would be able to cool them, and forget about any air coolers - reviewers are reporting thermal throttling even with the big Noctua D14.

IF you want to get on a new platform, AND you are interested in the new PCIE5 and DDR5 RAM, AND you are ready to move to Windows 11, then an i5 12600K would be a good choice over a 5600x. If PCIE5/DDR5/Win11 are not important to you at the moment, then a B550/5600x/DDR4 combination will be less expensive and easier to cool and still perform quite well.

Thank you for all these details! Yes the 12600k seems really interesting .. I will wait for the first temperature test in the Mjolnir, anyway i believe there is not yet the mini itx motherboard. So I will wait before ordering the components.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thank you for all these details! Yes the 12600k seems really interesting .. I will wait for the first temperature test in the Mjolnir, anyway i believe there is not yet the mini itx motherboard. So I will wait before ordering the components.
Optimum Tech has a review for the 12600k. There should be more coming shortly.

There have been 2 motherboards released so far, but there are more coming.

Reactions: Dinward

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
Optimum Tech has a review for the 12600k. There should be more coming shortly.

There have been 2 motherboards released so far, but there are more coming.
Thanks ! I am used to Asus motherboards and the price of this one is currently expensive compared to motherboards for AMD ( b550 and x570 )

Regarding the cpu, most of the tests are done with fairly large cooling! very far from a 120mm and the temperatures are very high compared to a 5600x. At the same time.. 65w vs 125w. So I think I will stay on my first choice, a 5600x. It is still a very good cpu. Thanks for your help friends !

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Thanks ! I am used to Asus motherboards and the price of this one is currently expensive compared to motherboards for AMD ( b550 and x570 )

Regarding the cpu, most of the tests are done with fairly large cooling! very far from a 120mm and the temperatures are very high compared to a 5600x. At the same time.. 65w vs 125w. So I think I will stay on my first choice, a 5600x. It is still a very good cpu. Thanks for your help friends !

5600X is still my go-to recommendation for small air cooling setups. At 1440P and above resolutions, most gaming is GPU bound with the cards we have now. You can cool a 5600X with a 47mm cooler with no issues, and you can always upgrade to a 5950X down the road when they’re cheap, and easily cool it with a 120mm AIO. It won’t be the fastest 5950X but it would still be very fast.

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
5600X is still my go-to recommendation for small air cooling setups. At 1440P and above resolutions, most gaming is GPU bound with the cards we have now. You can cool a 5600X with a 47mm cooler with no issues, and you can always upgrade to a 5950X down the road when they’re cheap, and easily cool it with a 120mm AIO. It won’t be the fastest 5950X but it would still be very fast.

This setup is not intended for gaming, in fact I don't play at all. It's mostly for work, I'm a graphic designer, so Affinity Designer / photo, Adobe suite (illustrator, photoshop and Indesign), Fusion 360.

I currently have a very old configuration but well boosted (Mac Pro 2008: 2 x 3.2ghz Xeon (so 2x 4 cores), 32gb ram, gtx 980 ti, windows 10, ssd samsung 1to, 32 inch 4k screen). And I changed the motherboard recently. And I am still very surprised that this configuration works so well despite its age.

I can work very well but sometimes I feel a few limits, especially when I do 3d or extensive illustration. If I can work correctly with my current configuration I think any recent processor will do much better!

The only thing I want is that I don't want it to get too hot

I think I will keep the 5600x for a few years, until the cpu have even finer engravings! 3nm or less. It is with this in mind that I think this case is really future proof. Cpu's will be less and less hot, at least .. I hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: August and Revenant

Jooff

Chassis Packer
Jul 16, 2021
Sure thing! Yesterday we sent the next 75 (150 done now) and Denize is waiting for the tracking numbers now, should get them tomorrow 👌 Yes exactly, doing Stealth -> Dark -> Steel like last time, it decreases the risk of sending the wrong stuff substantially :)
Hey Alex,

Can't wait for my cases to arrive but I have a question about the order in which mine will arrive. I ordered one in stealth and one in dark so would I be receiving them separately or would I receive them together?

Reactions: RE4MATT3D

shirosama

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 28, 2021
Hi all! An update on my case:

Parts List:
Code:
|          [CPU][Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor]
|   [CPU Cooler][Corsair H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler]
|  [Motherboard][Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard]
|       [Memory][G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory]
|      [Storage][Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive]
|      [Storage][Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive]
|   [Video Card][Gigabyte Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB Video Card]
| [Power Supply][Cooler Master V SFX Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply]
|     [Case Fan][Noctua S12A ULN 120 mm Fan]
|     [Case Fan][Noctua A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan]
|     [Case Fan][Noctua A12x15 PWM chromax.black.swap 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fan]

Thoughts:
Case is solid built 100%. Looks fantastic and I love how compact it is on my desk.
Upon inspection of the case when delivered, no damages/scratches issues found.
Overall, I found the case to be VERY easy to put together and install/remove components.
Cable management is tricky, but it's one of those set and forget kinda things. I did get custom cables which has helped.

Orientation:
Case: Inverted (radiator on top)
Fan: Front intake, top both exhaust, side intake (my own mod)

Some note:
- Using glass panels make the case overall pretty hot. So i've resorted to just using the performance panels
- M.2 even with the mobo's cooling plate resulted in ~74-75 °C average temp and on the M.2 rear side ~70-74°C. Post side intake fan mod, temps are around ~53-57°C and ~50-53°C.
- the connector for the booster cell when inserting the Core wasn't always connecting properly when I inserted the core. So I had cut a piece of a rubber band, punched 2 holes in it and put it on the back side of the connector before screwing it into the case. Since then no issues.

Photo links: