• Total voters

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Just got the case. Surprisingly, the delivery was quick.

Initial impression:
1. Beautiful case as expected.
2. Chipped glass panels but very minor.
3. One of the glass panels is scratched and is not "perfectly rectangle". One of the edges is not straight. You can actually see some parts of the glass edge along with the frame that holds the glass when looking from the outer side. It is like there is a huge gap between the glass and the frame and it rattles a lot compared to the other glass panel.
3. And No booster cell. Will it be shipped separately? @AlexTzone

Your Booster Cell will be shipped now together with Batch 2 and 3, the mistake is totally mine and 7 backers got affected. Here is an explanation of the mistake:
  • Booster Cells got pre-ordered during Batch 1 (June 2020)
  • Booster Cells got pre-ordered during Batch 2, including those from Batch 1 who wanted to upgrade their original pre-orders (November 2020)
Those who decided to upgrade their Batch 1 pre-orders in November were supposed to get their Booster Cells shipped separately at a later date (i.e. when Batch 2, also 3 now, would ship). However, my head was probably not on my shoulders that day because I made the foolish mistake of importing those November 2020 Booster Cell upgrades into the original Kickstarter and Batch 1 fulfillment documents. This meant that we were trying to ship more Booster Cells than were currently made in Kickstarter & Batch 1 (not by a lot, but still), a mistake that went unnoticed until I asked the factory to prepare the last shipments from the first batch - at which point they told us there weren't enough Booster Cells -> we investigated and eventually found the mistake. Now I think I remember checking out Batch 2 fulfillment documents one morning, seeing a bunch of Batch 1 Booster Cells, thinking "what the heck are they doing here??" and then importing them into Batch 1 🤦‍♂️

So in short, it was a truly embarrassing mistake and I want to apologize to the 7 backers that got affected, but your Booster Cells are around the corner now and will be delivered asap!

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

jerm_ph

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2021
The Fedex in the country where I live charges about 10 USD for each package. They call it warehouse processing fee/storage fee I guess (that is why i prefer DHL). This is on top of whatever customs/duties charges (which I did not pay).

So the booster cell in a separate shipment means another warehouse fee I have to pay, unfortunately.

My questions now:
1. Do you have to pay for additional shipping fee for this? What does this mean for the potential refund that we are expecting?
2. Did you find about this a long time ago? I can't remember if you mentioned this to any of your updates and I was actually surprised to find out that the booster cell is not included in my package. Sorry, I am really meaning to imply that this should have been communicated earlier. If it is, then my bad for not getting the message.

matteocom

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 7, 2021
Hey Alex, I've messaged you a handful of times about my shipping address (two emails plus a post on here). I know you are very busy but I need to know if my case will be shipping to Switerland or the UK as I urgently need to make arrangements if it is the former. You said it would be possible to ship to the UK instead but I haven't heard back in a few weeks now, so I'm worried it's been lost. Please let me know what is happening, thanks.

kr33per

Efficiency Noob
May 26, 2021
How did your case turn out?
A couple popped off corners, one loose magnet, and a slightly chipped/rattling Shield of Founders. It’s a stealth case so I wasn’t surprised by any of this, and was able to fix all except the glass in less than a minute. No issues with any of the anodization or mismatched colors. The surface finish is incredible. Overall build came out really nice. I was just moving my system out of a Ghost S1 into the Mjolnir so I already had an idea of how things were going to fit and where cables were going to need to be routed. Even with using the stock cables that come with the Corsair SF750, I didn’t have any issues getting things to fit cleanly. I might go back with a few zip ties later to tidy it up further, but it’s definitely good enough for now.

h4ndcuffed

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2020
Wow. Glad to see SOME people got their cases. I ordered mine in the first batch of pre-sales and waited nearly a year to get it shipped. It shipped in June 2021 (said it shipped in may but made it to transportation agency in June) and when I never got a ups notice it was moving, I contacted seller. Took forever to hear back and they are terrible at email. (Got them on twitter). Still received nothing or been updated on the ups claim that was filed in June 2021. Emailed them earlier this week, still no response. What a waste after being promised they would investigate and dispatch a new one shortly.

h4ndcuffed

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2020
Wow. Glad to see SOME people got their cases. I ordered mine in the first batch of pre-sales and waited nearly a year to get it shipped. It shipped in June (after being notified it shipped in May via email) and when I received no notice from UPS about continued movement, I contacted UPS and the seller. UPS started an inquiry/investigation into the parcel. Thorzone failed to respond to email contact and only responded once I made a tweet on twitter about it. I was told once the investigation (approx 14-30 days) was complete, they would either locate it or dispatch a new one. Today is October 20 and still NOTHING. No case, no emails, no new parcel. I emailed them again this week and have still heard nothing back. What a joke and a waste of money.

• Angry
Reactions: Shinken1

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
Does anyone know if the ASUS ROG Strix LC 120 RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler will fit? Is there a dedicated resource to see what fits in the Mjolnir?

I think that's my biggest set back with this case. Ever little part requires extensive research to make sure it'll fit. Part of the fun I guess, but it would be cool if we pooled our findings to build a comprehensive listing that future owners can use to plan their build.

TIA.

jm8080

Cable Smoosher
Jan 31, 2020
Finally recieved my case and....... It has a really noticeable nick right in front, of all the place it has to be in front where I would be looking it the most not only that but it has a small crack on the anodization and scratch underneath also the usual cracks on the glass but only small ones on mine. Honestly I can tolerate those small imperfections but that thing in front is a bit too big not to notice. After two years of waiting patiently and being one of the last people that backed the Kickstarter to finally get his case and this is what I get? I'm really sad right now 😔 Box is in relatively really good condition when it came so this damages must have come from the factory.

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Finally recieved my case and....... It has a really noticeable nick right in front, of all the place it has to be in front where I would be looking it the most not only that but it has a small crack on the anodization and scratch underneath also the usual cracks on the glass but only small ones on mine. Honestly I can tolerate those small imperfections but that thing in front is a bit too big not to notice. After two years of waiting patiently and being one of the last people that backed the Kickstarter to finally get his case and this is what I get? I'm really sad right now 😔 Box is in relatively really good condition when it came so this damages must have come from the factory.

I’m very sorry this happened to you, but we’ll fix it. Please send this to support at contact@thor-zone.com and we’ll hook you up with replacement parts.

@For_Science he had a pretty big scratch on the corner of the shell, so we’re sending a replacement shell.

Last edited:

h4ndcuffed

Efficiency Noob
Feb 11, 2020
Dude, sorry to hear this. Super disappointing as hell. I’m one of the original backers and STILL have not received it or communication about it.

Reactions: jm8080

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Dude, sorry to hear this. Super disappointing as hell. I’m one of the original backers and STILL have not received it or communication about it.

If I understand it correctly your case got lost by UPS? We’ve not forgotten about you and replacement units have been ordered for people that have been affected in this way (5 backers in total); however, the earliest we’re able to ship them is now together with Batch 2 and 3.

I’m truly sorry this happened to you, it’s a small risk with every courier that unfortunately fell on you. I also understand that it must be frustrating to not know what happens next, but we’ll make it right.

Can I please have your order number, will check our inbox and see why you haven’t gotten a response.

Last edited:

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Well, I managed to score an RTX 3080 after a year of waiting. Now my 3070 needs a new home and it won’t fit in my ghost S1 and M1 due to the back plate (51mm). Can’t wait to get my Thorzone!

jerm_ph

Chassis Packer
Sep 20, 2021
@AlexTzone, could you also address my inquiry above?

Also:
Are these normal? Looks like somebody had fun with glass grinders.
They are very noticeable, distracting and don't look like premium to me.
Both sides of glass have this angled edges that goes beyond the "bezels" of the aluminum frame.
The edge is not straight and there is a gap that you can actually insert a strip of paper between the glass and aluminum frame.
Did the factory use glass grinders to grind off huge glass chips?

Outside

Inside

aoyamajia

Case Bender
New User
Apr 27, 2021
Hey, just received my case!

The box had a medium-sized dent in it, but luckily the case itself was fine. One of the plastic corner ends came off, but it can just be glued back. There's still a bit of grating when removing the core, though, and there's some tiny scratches/glue residue where the magnets are placed. Aside from that, I guess I got lucky with the QC lottery.

I'm excited to build in it, now if only I can buy the parts... 😅😕

Dinward

Caliper Novice
May 2, 2021
All of these problems are wrong! it does not exist ! because cases were built in the best factory in the galaxy, nay, in the universe. Your cameras are faulty !

Jokes apart, any update for batch 2 ? Like you, I can't wait to expose my problems with this "premium" case..

AlexTzone

Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
All of these problems are wrong! it does not exist ! because cases were built in the best factory in the galaxy, nay, in the universe. Your cameras are faulty !

Jokes apart, any update for batch 2 ? Like you, I can't wait to expose my problems with this "premium" case..

And what about the vast majority of people saying the finish and build quality is incredible? Serious problems account for less than 1% of all shipped cases and we can easily create new parts for those affected.

Our freight forwarders have started to pick up the cases from Batch 2/3 now, so I’m waiting for the to send us the tracking numbers (usually they are pretty quick).