• RGB Version (No controller) - 319 USD

Votes: 63 9.7%
  • RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Nov 20, 2018
@Kapsi any pics of your work? Where can we inquire about picking up a set? What's the lead time?
Hey! Thank you so much for asking!

any pics of your work?

My phone doesn't take very good pictures so I haven't explored my capabilities as a photographer yet. So I only have the images I send as a proof to the only 3 clients I've had so they feel confident to transfer their money to me via PayPal. I know they are far from the best, but here you can see them: 1, 2, 3.

Where can we inquire about picking up a set?

You can write to me privately here! As Bltr mentioned, I'm just starting out so I'm saving all the money to buy a good camera and set up a nice looking website.

What's the lead time?

From the time I receive the measurements, it usually takes me from 2 to 3 days depending on whether you want to order a set of sleeved or unsleeved cables. Since the customers are few, it doesn't matter if those days are working days or not. The biggest problem is the delivery times of the packages, normally the faster (there are usually two options of 5-10 working days or 15-18 working days) you want to receive a package the more money you have to pay, and as I don't have the minimum of monthly customers required by the Colombian post office (I am Colombian), they don't offer me the same competitive export rates offered to some companies. Even so, to the countries I have quoted, the shipping costs fluctuate between $20 USD and $42 USD per pound. However, I do not move a finger until I have reached an agreement with you on this matter that satisfies you.

If you have any other questions, please let me know! :)

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Just saw this post pop up on reddit:

Looks like his glass side panel shattered, and not in the way one would expect of tempered glass. Was there a mixup in the sourcing?

nik3563

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2021
This issue was first reported at least three weeks ago. My guess is, that Thor zone did not intend to lie. Maybe the factory just screwed this up.

However glass panels look hidious on pc cases in my opinion, so I did not order them anyways.

Reactions: rfarmer

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
This issue was first reported at least three weeks ago. My guess is, that Thor zone did not intend to lie. Maybe the factory just screwed this up.

However glass panels look hidious on pc cases in my opinion, so I did not order them anyways.

First time I've seen anything about it. Yeah, that was my thought too, that the factory sourcing the glass had the wrong spec.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018

The only thing I didn't test is the final shatter test, but I'm glad USPS did it for us,

Yes, I reported this in depth a few pages back. I think there was misunderstanding between what tempered glass actually is. Where ThorZone asked the factory for a recommendation, the factory recommended "Hardened Mineral Glass" (or something to that effect), ThorZone understanding that this was tempered glass and communicated this to the backers.

The bottom line is that Hardened Mineral Glass is likely not in any stretch tempered glass, and so ThorZone may have inadverently deceived buyers not through malicious intent, but likely a bit of lack of indepth research.
First time I've seen anything about it. Yeah, that was my thought too, that the factory sourcing the glass had the wrong spec.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
As a side note @AlexTzone do you think it may be a better idea to have the glass panels made from two interlocking pieces instead of one? I think the glass chipping really comes from squeezing the metal over the glass, and if you are looking to replace the glass panels with the same stuff, people are going to just chip it again....

Some ideas floating:
1: A small layer of spongey material lining the metal frame so that when assembled, the glass doesn't rattle (and chip itself in the box)
2: 2-piece assembly so that the aluminium frame can assemble onto the glass without significantly having to pivot one corner above the glass (and chip it)

I mean I guess you may not have the intention here, but I do think the right thing to do here is to issue complete replacement of the panel, that may require some re-designing so that the failure rate is not high. If you issue replacement glass only, what will you do if somebody chips it again during their own re-assembly? Even worse may be say that you manage to source tempered glass this time around, and what if during the re-installation into the frame, it explodes for real. What's to say that you can actually safely install tempered glass into the window frame with its current design? I think this needs to be treaded quite carefully, otherwise you may have a situation with a handful of backer getting sprayed in the eyes with glass.

Last edited:

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
In case anybody is not following the Kickstarter, apparently ThorZone was hit by an unexpectedly high invoice from UPS for the shipments that have already occurred. So either there has been a miscommunication or misunderstanding on one party or the other, and apparently it is such that unless this is resolved, it puts ThorZone in a really bad place financially. This is why the remaining cases have not shipped yet (sorry, RoW) and probably on the top priority before dealing with RMA-issues such as with the glass.

So I know those with chipped and broken glass must be frustrated, I think we should put our hearts out to those in RoW who are yet to receive anything as of yet (especially the KS batch). Knowing Alex, I am certain this isn't just him buying time, and there likely is a genuine problem with the shipping negotiations. Lets have patience, and I'm sure things will be rectified soon.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
In case anybody is not following the Kickstarter, apparently ThorZone was hit by an unexpectedly high invoice from UPS for the shipments that have already occurred. So either there has been a miscommunication or misunderstanding on one party or the other, and apparently it is such that unless this is resolved, it puts ThorZone in a really bad place financially. This is why the remaining cases have not shipped yet (sorry, RoW) and probably on the top priority before dealing with RMA-issues such as with the glass.

So I know those with chipped and broken glass must be frustrated, I think we should put our hearts out to those in RoW who are yet to receive anything as of yet (especially the KS batch). Knowing Alex, I am certain this isn't just him buying time, and there likely is a genuine problem with the shipping negotiations. Lets have patience, and I'm sure things will be rectified soon.

Yeah it's insane, was expecting shipping costs of around $60k for all sent orders and now that we got the invoices it was close to double that...

However, after a lot of back and forth between us and UPS (which was super slow to start with because everybody of significance was on vacation) I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and then proceed as usual. Basically they are working on hooking us up with credit-invoices for the amounts that have been miscommunicated (I'm very happy we keep records of everything so we could prove the numbers didn't match).

Nobodyseven

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2021
Yeah it's insane, was expecting shipping costs of around $60k for all sent orders and now that we got the invoices it was close to double that...

However, after a lot of back and forth between us and UPS (which was super slow to start with because everybody of significance was on vacation) I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and then proceed as usual. Basically they are working on hooking us up with credit-invoices for the amounts that have been miscommunicated (I'm very happy we keep records of everything so we could prove the numbers didn't match).
Hi!

Thanks for the update. This means you (and us) one step closer to the 100% shipping. Any guess for the timing? At least til October everyone get their own case from KS batch (2019)?

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
Looking at GPUs and was initially thinking only 1 and 2 fan models would fit, but further investigation makes it seem like the length isn't an issue, but rather thickness. So far ASUS appears to be too thick, but EVGA and Gigabyte seem to fit. Is there an extensive list of what can or can not fit in the Mjolnir? Sorry if this was already posted somewhere that I didn't look.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Looking at GPUs and was initially thinking only 1 and 2 fan models would fit, but further investigation makes it seem like the length isn't an issue, but rather thickness. So far ASUS appears to be too thick, but EVGA and Gigabyte seem to fit. Is there an extensive list of what can or can not fit in the Mjolnir? Sorry if this was already posted somewhere that I didn't look.
First…you can get a GPU at MSRP?!?

That said…

I think safest 3080 is the EVGA black edition. Same with the 3090. Founders edition 3080 should fit but won’t work well.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Last edited:

VictorNg

Trash Compacter
Oct 14, 2019
For those using Asus ROG Strix X570i board... when we connect with Mjolnir PCIE 3.0 riser cable... can your GPU post?

I am using RTX 3080 Ti and while using Asrock X570i I was able to go into BIOS to adjust the PCIE X16 interface to Gen 3, I cant seem to post even into BIOS for the Asus X570i. White Led indicator was showing indicating it a VGA issue.

GPU is working fine. CPU too, Ram too. Asus X570i is new. CPU and rams were checked and confirmed working condition.

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021
First…you can get a GPU at MSRP?!?
HA! Not easily. And if something comes available you have to be quick to grab it or you miss out. That's why I'm trying to narrow down what will and won't fit. Would hate to get one and have it not fit, this would be my luck.

I'm looking at a 3060 Ti, 3070, or 6700 XT due to price and heat generation. I'm getting less picky about appearance as it my case delivery gets closer and the GPU will be the only thing I'm missing.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
HA! Not easily. And if something comes available you have to be quick to grab it or you miss out. That's why I'm trying to narrow down what will and won't fit. Would hate to get one and have it not fit, this would be my luck.

I'm looking at a 3060 Ti, 3070, or 6700 XT due to price and heat generation. I'm getting less picky about appearance as it my case delivery gets closer and the GPU will be the only thing I'm missing.

LOL. Yeah, I'm still hunting an ITX 3060ti for my MI-6.

As for looks, well EVGA did us no favors this generation.

1629979921742.png

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
For those using Asus ROG Strix X570i board... when we connect with Mjolnir PCIE 3.0 riser cable... can your GPU post?

I am using RTX 3080 Ti and while using Asrock X570i I was able to go into BIOS to adjust the PCIE X16 interface to Gen 3, I cant seem to post even into BIOS for the Asus X570i. White Led indicator was showing indicating it a VGA issue.

GPU is working fine. CPU too, Ram too. Asus X570i is new. CPU and rams were checked and confirmed working condition.
I have both the asus x570i and a founders edition 3080 ti. My founders edition 3080 ti has an issue where if I use a display port connection I can not get into bios and the display only outputs a signal at the windows log in screen. With an hdmi connection I get a display immediately at boot and am able to get into bios. Try switching to an hdmi connection and see if that fixes your issue.
I use a gen 4 pcie riser with my system so I can not comment on the thorzone gen 3 cable.

Reactions: ArkImpulse

VictorNg

Trash Compacter
Oct 14, 2019
I have both the asus x570i and a founders edition 3080 ti. My founders edition 3080 ti has an issue where if I use a display port connection I can not get into bios and the display only outputs a signal at the windows log in screen. With an hdmi connection I get a display immediately at boot and am able to get into bios. Try switching to an hdmi connection and see if that fixes your issue.
I use a gen 4 pcie riser with my system so I can not comment on the thorzone gen 3 cable.

Breaker,

Which brand of PCIE 4.0 are you using? I read not all will work right? The LOUQE Cobalt RC260 Twinax Gen4+ PCI-e 4.0 Riser Cable is sexy and confirmed to work but really expensive

Thanks
Victor

Reactions: N9neBreak3r