• RGB Version (With controller) - 349 USD

Votes: 104 16.0%

• Total voters

Strip

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 30, 2021
Hey guys !

I am a 11/2020 batch and starting to pick devices when I see good offers and I recently got a 2to Aorus 7000s nvme.

Thing is, I got an Asrock x570 itx/tb3 because I have a ton of music production devices that needs TB3, and on that mobo the nvme input is on the back plate.

I was wondering if you guys could tell me if there is a 12mm space (7000s heatsink is 11,4 mm deep) beetween the back of your motherboards and your gpus (I currently have a 3070Fe), otherwise I will have to take the heatsink off myself.

Many thanks in advance !

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hey guys !

I am a 11/2020 batch and starting to pick devices when I see good offers and I recently got a 2to Aorus 7000s nvme.

Thing is, I got an Asrock x570 itx/tb3 because I have a ton of music production devices that needs TB3, and on that mobo the nvme input is on the back plate.

I was wondering if you guys could tell me if there is a 12mm space (7000s heatsink is 11,4 mm deep) beetween the back of your motherboards and your gpus (I currently have a 3070Fe), otherwise I will have to take the heatsink off myself.

Many thanks in advance !
It's not gonna fit because the motherboard tray cutout isn't large enough and obstructs any chance of a heatsink. Just add a 1mm thermal pad to the bare m.2 and half of it will make contact with the spine of the core. I have my gen 4 sabrent 2tb rocket m.2 set up this way and it does not thermal throttle during normal use. Or you could always cut the motherboard tray to allow it to fit.

Mistake

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 29, 2021
Hi guys,
I'am from June 2020 Batch and received my case early June 2021.

I'm running an I9-10850K overclocked at 4.9Ghz on all cores and with an EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra and tried to decently cool this thing for months now.
I first gave on tempered glass. Temps always been awful with those.
Then I tried different fans/rad setup with an Alphacool Eisbaier block/pump and I achieved my best temps with both fans pulling air inside the case which wasn't enough so I had to give up on my OC aswell.
My GPU temp were decent (No glass) unless while mining but I fixed it by putting an exhaust fan on the top of the case. (pretty ugly)

More recently my pump died and so I changed for a more powerful pump (Barrow SPB17-S V2).
Just for your information, the pump is too high and I had to mount it after inserting the core in the shell.

But it wasn't enough still.
Finally, as a last try, I extended my loop with an external radiator

\

Now I have decent temps with my CPU overclocked but I still can't mine without the top fan (Any advices ?...)
Also I'd like to find a pump that fit inside the case but I'm finally satisfied with my build. (Well, I will be after more cable management.)

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys,
I'am from June 2020 Batch and received my case early June 2021.

I'm running an I9-10850K overclocked at 4.9Ghz on all cores and with an EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra and tried to decently cool this thing for months now.
I first gave on tempered glass. Temps always been awful with those.
Then I tried different fans/rad setup with an Alphacool Eisbaier block/pump and I achieved my best temps with both fans pulling air inside the case which wasn't enough so I had to give up on my OC aswell.
My GPU temp were decent (No glass) unless while mining but I fixed it by putting an exhaust fan on the top of the case. (pretty ugly)

More recently my pump died and so I changed for a more powerful pump (Barrow SPB17-S V2).
Just for your information, the pump is too high and I had to mount it after inserting the core in the shell.

But it wasn't enough still.
Finally, as a last try, I extended my loop with an external radiator

\

Now I have decent temps with my CPU overclocked but I still can't mine without the top fan (Any advices ?...)
Also I'd like to find a pump that fit inside the case but I'm finally satisfied with my build. (Well, I will be after more cable management.)
Love to see someone else doing an external radiator loop with Mjolnir! Very nice!! As far as your temps while mining, get a waterblock on that gpu! The xc3 cooler is already on the small end for a 3080 and I bet the memory junction temps your getting are dangerously high long term. Maybe add another 360mm radiator too. Also why bother mounting the pump inside? Go with a d5 and mount it externally next to your radiators. The better the flow rate the better the temps and nothing beats a d5!

Mistake

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 29, 2021
Hi,
My current temps while mining are 64C, Uptime 18 hours.
Gpu barely go above 66C. 67C once in a while but it goes down pretty fast.
Just checked my memory Junction temp and it's averaging 106C (I don't know what is acceptable for this).

About the pump, simply because I'm moving a lot with my pc and I wanted it to work without being connected to the external cooler. (As long as I don't push my CPU too much, it works fine on de 120mm rad) and There is absolutely no place to fit a standalone one.

Would a d5 fit on my block ? On their website it says
"Pump Type support :
DDC (Laing compatible, M4 screws, not included)"

I don't know much about pump so I choosed one I saw mounted on their gallery to be sure it fits..... (Still a 960l/h).

I'll think about water cooling my GPU later since I would have to add another rad cause I'm pretty sure my 360 + 120 wouldn't be enough, buy a block. I already might change the pump, at least, to get one that fit in the case. Pretty annoying to unmount it everytime I need to get the core out but for now... I blew my budget so...

Also, Should I set my pump steady at 100% or keep it smart managed by my motherboard software, depending on the temps.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Just checked my memory Junction temp and it's averaging 106C (I don't know what is acceptable for this).
That's dangerously high for long term use. GDDR6X spec used to say maximum operating temperature of 105c, then micron changed it to 110c because of pressure from Nvidia because of people with 3090's complaining about their rear memory modules running above spec.

Would a d5 fit on my block ? On their website it says
"Pump Type support :
DDC (Laing compatible, M4 screws, not included)"

I don't know much about pump so I choosed one I saw mounted on their gallery to be sure it fits..... (Still a 960l/h).
A D5 won't fit on a cpu block unfortunately. DDC pumps are perfectly fine! They are slightly louder than a D5 but are smaller. 960l/h is great for your setup!

Pretty annoying to unmount it everytime I need to get the core out but for now... I blew my budget so...
Get some quick disconnect fittings. That's what I did with my set up so I could take out the core without draining my loop. Check out my build:

Also, Should I set my pump steady at 100% or keep it smart managed by my motherboard software, depending on the temps.
That's completely up to you and how loud you want your pump to be. I have mine running 100% constantly. The faster the flow rate the better them temps (there are diminishing returns of course).

Reactions: DefiCzech

chrisR

Cable Smoosher
Aug 1, 2021
Anyone else having trouble with the godrays RGB? I have an Asrock B550 motherboard and the godrays will literally not do any color but red. Did I receive defective strips, or is there something that causes them to not be compatible with regular addressable rgb headers?

Mistake

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 29, 2021
That's dangerously high for long term use. GDDR6X spec used to say maximum operating temperature of 105c, then micron changed it to 110c because of pressure from Nvidia because of people with 3090's complaining about their rear memory modules running above spec.
Hi,
Sadly I don't think that I will watercool my GPU cause my 120mm rad wouldn't be able to cool both my CPU and GPU and my pc would only be a mini oven when I can't use my external rad... I'll try to figure out something else. Maybe reversing the core to have my fans on the top and add something like a support with fans on the bottom

(well a bit like your build actually. But it wouldn't be a rad inside)

A D5 won't fit on a cpu block unfortunately. DDC pumps are perfectly fine! They are slightly louder than a D5 but are smaller. 960l/h is great for your setup!

Get some quick disconnect fittings. That's what I did with my set up so I could take out the core without draining my loop. Check out my build:

Damn, no, I don't bleed my loop everytime. I just disconnect one pipe (I already have a quick fittings behind), unscrew the whole block and put it outside, slide the shell and then I have enough space to get the block out.

Your build is really nice, I love your blocks. aswell but I couldn t leave with all those cables lol. I spend my time trying to hide mine. I hate cables.

For_Science

Master of Cramming
Feb 16, 2018
Since I needed to take more pictures for Denize.... Here they are for the community too - glass panel issues. I do think that there is an issue with the glass quality as I found another chip had formed in my SoF panel since the last time I looked.

AlexTzone

I design minimalistic – but not boring – PC stuff
Original poster
THOR ZONE
Silver Supporter
Sep 23, 2017
thor-zone.com
Is there any chance, batch 2 will be send in august, as advertised? I need to build my PC really bad, since I am stuck on a 2015 garbage MacBook air.

Sure I can build it in a shoe box, but I would prefer the mjolnir.

What's the status of the Nov2020 pre-orders? Still shipping in August?

Batch 2 and Batch 3 are in surface treatment right now and according to the factory we should be able to start sending them by the end of this month (August).

As for Batch 1 and the Kickstarter Batch (4% of backers who still haven't received their case) - many people from UPS Sweden are on vacation atm, so it's hard to finalize a deal for the remaining countries when a big portion of the decision making people are absent. However, vacations are starting to end so we hope to get things finalized sometime this month.

Reactions: ArkImpulse

Nobodyseven

Chassis Packer
Jul 12, 2021
Batch 2 and Batch 3 are in surface treatment right now and according to the factory we should be able to start sending them by the end of this month (August).

As for Batch 1 and the Kickstarter Batch (4% of backers who still haven't received their case) - many people from UPS Sweden are on vacation atm, so it's hard to finalize a deal for the remaining countries when a big portion of the decision making people are absent. However, vacations are starting to end so we hope to get things finalized sometime this month.
Hi! I'm really sad. I understood you last reply as a date when restart the shipping process. So remove any wishes or dreams the pure reality is we don't know nothing because of UPS doesn't answer and could be happened to nothing changed until October (for example). Do you think about any point when you complain the UPS as supplier company of TZ? I know Covid everything but from customer point of view this amount of delay is not allowed. Atleast 1 missing country per week. Just to see the progress, but this one is the worst scenario. 2 week without info and the an apoligize and ask more patience. Original backers from 2019 get later the case (I know 96% already get it but this doesnt help us) than who buy it in 2020 Nov. Where is the limits? From your and from our side? As always this is not an attack to your direction just really hard to wait after many months. Also this waitings more and more difficult everytime I read some Quality or sipping issue. After 1,5 (what could be easy 2) year waiting something happened with the case or the glass. Send back and everything start from zero. Atleast please keep us in the loop. Weekly update. No update here or KS page from end of July. Atleast update KS page with this small info like UPS rep on holiday, just to everyone will be on the same page. Thank you for your answer in advance!

Reactions: Shinken1

RE4MATT3D

Average Stuffer
Jan 11, 2021

I ship computers daily and while most of my business is in the US, I've shipped internationally to Canada, Poland, China, etc on the fly.

I understand wanting to have a deal in place, But at some point you need to just print a label and ship them as one offs.
These delays are really hurting the customer experience and sadly, these bad experiences have more affect on companies than good ones, even when your product is amazing.

I didn't back Thor-zone, only because I didn't know about it until after the 1st pre-order. When I pre-ordered my case in November 2020 you stated it would ship in March 2021. I didn't sign up for trial and error, or start up lessons learned, like the backers did, but I'm waiting patiently because I'm understanding, really love the product, and frankly don't even have a GPU yet. That said, the backers put a lot of faith in you, so if there's anything you can do to get those last cases out, I think you owe it to them.

Keep up the great work. I trust that you will make the right call. And I hope that everyone that ordered before me gets to experience their case before I get mine.

Last edited: